Last Person #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wish I understood how my brain works.

A couple weeks ago, I had a TON of self-assigned writing projects to do. I was a spastic, anxious mess.

Fast forward to today. I have 3-4 things to do, and I am bored as hell! lol

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so what's the best type of activity for helping clear the buildup of lactic acid, etc. in the leg muscles? I'm already feeling the results of this morning's run, on top of Saturday's.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just went through this as-of-yet untitled epic poem I wrote many years ago. It was 40 handwritten pages.

I say "was" because I knew there were many passages that I just did not want to keep, so I went through it with a red pen in hand.

Reduced that SOB by 14 pages. Why so many? Well, it's not that the writing was BAD (in my opinion). It's because those 14 pages were more like journal entries than poetry, containing descriptions of feelings I'm not ready to just throw out there to the world. Then again, I could always keep the embarrassing stuff there as long as I publish it under a pen name. LOL

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
F the day and everyone in it.

Uh oh, attitude problem.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Now I am listening to My Bloody Valentine's first album via YouTube while at my part-time job.

Life can be cool sometimes.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Oh, I thought you were trying to say you thought I had you blocked.

No. See, I don't block people who merely disagree with me about Wing Chun or anything martial arts-related. I do, however, block people who attack my character and are just plain rude.
I remember that you got a new job, quit in lieu of being fired and started accusing your boss of things that are (if true) much more appropriately handled by your eeo counselors than a martial arts forum. All by your own admission. I didn't accuse you of anything.

Truly, you share some very concerning things. Like your frequent allusions to engaging in "for profit" activities while at work for the state of new York, presumably using government equipment. I don't know about the state, but a federal employee could be fired for that. Hopefully that isn't true, but you have a habit of making it appear so.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Didn't go to bed until after 1AM. Got up at 6AM. Got an appointment at 7:45PM, which I hope to make quick work of.

Can't wait to hit that pillow tonight.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Standing in a line waiting to see the star wars fireworks show in Hollywood studios. Looking forward to it. Just met kylo ren. Good kid. A little mopey.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
F the day and everyone in it.

Uh oh, attitude problem.

The last time a supervisor told me I had an attitude problem I responded with.... "I have no problem with my attitude what-so-ever so you have the attitude problem, not me." He was so shocked and dumbfounded he told me to go back to work.... that over 25 years ago and no one has told me I had an attitude problem since.... before that I must have heard it more than a dozen times.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
It takes me a long time to get my breath/oxygenation built up to where I can comfortably run a couple of miles.

That's some BS right there......there is no comfortably running a couple of miles.......running sucks ;)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's some BS right there......there is no comfortably running a couple of miles.......running sucks ;)
Before my legs turned into bones joined by nerves, I used to actually enjoy long runs. I also lived in an area with mild hills. Around me now, I can only go a max of 1/4 mile in any direction before hitting a steep hill - one of which is far too steep to consider every running up (and maybe not even running down) when doing distance.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

I don't know...a friend of mine was very comfortable running 5 miles or more on the raod... and he was kicking a soccer ball the entire way...otherwise he got bored...and he was real comfortable running up and down a ski hill 10 to 15 times..... but then he was also a pro soccer player too....but I doubt that had anything to do with it :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm going to make chicken and dumplings.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Coffee and dark chocolate time

Organic coffee and Alter Ego dark chocolate with quinoa

alt-000042.png

only 2 squares...not the whole bar.....but it is tempting

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to get back to running but not sure my knee can hold up....
I'm going to make chicken and dumplings.

My grandma made great homemade dumplings.

You like them thin or thick. I always like them thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions