Koms

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Poomsaeguy I see you are on the National Team for poomsae, so let me ask you this why is it America ia so far behind in teaching instructor over here. I know I have someone coming to my school to help and she is up to date with everything. She will be doing a all day seminar later this month to help get some athletes ready for sport poomsae for National.

Shouldn't she be getting you ready for the Hanmadang in August too? ;)

Poomsaeguy

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I was just going by what I saw in the thread. Wasn't trying to bash anyone.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Terry,

It is almost certain that the U.S. is behind because a good 70-80% of the instructors out there say " I learned it this way and I'm not changing". I cant tell you how many times I have heard from people who do not like the "NEW/actually original" way, that they are going to keep doing it the way they have been for X years.

so we continue to have multiple people swearing their interpretation is correct and swaying people in different directions. it should be clear cut, and over time it will be, but for now, we are just stubborn Americans.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tell Thu I said hello!

And no I'm not in anyones boat. Things are picking up as far as poomsae, But I didn't wait around for things to happen, I took it upon myself to keep up to date. The real problem is people don't want to change! At least that is what I have seen.

I will, she has been a big help with my boys already. I did not mean you was just that I would imagine you know all the current problems. Me myself and I am pissed off at them but the instructor knows they are the game in town. Maybe just maybe we can grow together for the betterment of TKD.

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
"I learned it this way and I'm not changing"....it should be clear cut, and over time it will be, but for now, we are just stubborn Americans.

I just wanted to say that it's not just you stubborn Americans that have this problem. I'm lucky that our head instructor has wanted to standardise to the latest Kukkiwon standards (but there was a period of many years where he didn't want to). It's still a problem in other countries too, so you're not alone...

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Things are picking up as far as poomsae, But I didn't wait around for things to happen, I took it upon myself to keep up to date. The real problem is people don't want to change! At least that is what I have seen.

I agree 100%. I think though that momentum is gaining for becoming standardized as far as poomsae goes. It is mostly the younger instructors that are leading the way on that, the ones who are taking over their instructor's school or opening up schools of their own.

Latest Discussions