How did you find MartialTalk

• Accident.

• Someone told me about it

Results are only viewable after voting.

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I actually thought it was Marital Talk, and I was looking to hook up with MILFs on the rebound.

:uhyeah:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just by accident and I was lucky when I fell into this dark pit of a planet the peole are great and the converstation is out there sometimes. But I would nebver ever leave this place for fear of Lisa and her gun.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I actually thought it was Marital Talk, and I was looking to hook up with MILFs on the rebound.
I thought it was Marital Talk too and was a MILF trying to hook up with guys on the rebound.

No.

Actually I googled my style and found MT. Once I got here and was finished reading, I tried to leave and found a ball and chain on my leg and a monkey on my back. He's been a bad monkey lately .... :uhyeah:

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The google found it for me.

I think I was looking for JKD stuff and well 3 days later I was a paying member...

Feh damn internet and its cool sites.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The google found it for me.

I think I was looking for JKD stuff and well 3 days later I was a paying member...

Feh damn internet and its cool sites.

Infy, I'm curious about something else as well ... after three days, you became a supporting member. May I ask what made you decide to support MT financially?

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Infy, I'm curious about something else as well ... after three days, you became a supporting member. May I ask what made you decide to support MT financially?

It's the best darned place around! I don't know why I didn't support sooner. Well, actually I didn't spend a lot of time on here until last year (actually a bit more than a year ago, not sure how long ago though). That's why. What a crying shame! And no- I'm not kissing but, and I'm not trying to make up for lost time either. What can I say- I'm hooked.

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score

A good question. My knowledge of Martial Arts is purely intellectual for the most part and even then fairly limited. My practical knoweldge doesn't exist :)

My skills are in information. I work in information security and specialize in Incident Response and Corporate Espienage. So basically this means I'm fairly adept at mining for information and recognizing valuable information when I encounter it.

When I found MT I found these things,

1) A site with a well regulated active moderating staff.
2) That same moderating staff understanding that the act of moderating is a behind the scenes activity.
3) A group of intellegent people communicating and debating.
4) A tolerant group of people that typically relize not responding to trolls results in the better effect.
5) A body of knowlege with a good search function.
6) A welcoming community.
7) An exceptional group of people with a vast array of skills and knoweldges providing amazingly good information / insights.

This all lead me to believe that this site had the structure and the foundations to exist for quite a while. So as I was gaining something from it that I felt was hard to get anywhere else I decided I should support it.

Other boards have good quality people and various other attributes but the issue typically revolves around the longevity. Very few places have the momentum or the structure that will allow it to last for more than a year or two.

If you do a search here you find posts from 2004.

Hopefully that answers your question I'm not sure if it is as clear as I want it to be. Writing is not my strength.

--Infy

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
One of the original members told me about it.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought it was Marital Talk too and was a MILF trying to hook up with guys on the rebound.

No.

Actually I googled my style and found MT. Once I got here and was finished reading, I tried to leave and found a ball and chain on my leg and a monkey on my back. He's been a bad monkey lately .... :uhyeah:

I do wish you able to get rid of the Monkey as I know how bad that Monkey was. ;)

tradrockrat

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Got an email from a member who thought I might be interested in the Horror story thread about the founder of my primary MA... :(

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Got an email from a member who thought I might be interested in the Horror story thread about the founder of my primary MA... :(

On the bright side, it brought you to us, and we all luv having ya here!!!

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I was browsing tru the stats of my webserver and then i noticed that a movie clip on the dojo site of a Brazilian buyu made a lot of traffic.
It all came from martialtalk so i had a look and i joined instantly ;)

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was browsing tru the stats of my webserver and then i noticed that a movie clip on the dojo site of a Brazilian buyu made a lot of traffic.
It all came from martialtalk so i had a look and i joined instantly ;)

Welcome!!! Enjoy your time around here among the MartialTalk addicts!

OP
Drac

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WOW..The number of 'found-by-accident' and STAYED is unbelieveable..

Latest Discussions