It's Me and the Dog!

Lynne

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's 12:45 and the turkey is cooking, the onions are baking. My husband and daughter are still sleeping. Now, even my shepherd is asleep. All three are lazy butts. What a boring day :/

It's 12:45 and the turkey is cooking, the onions are baking. My husband and daughter are still sleeping. Now, even my shepherd is asleep. All three are lazy butts. What a boring day :/

Everybody is up around here but I still would like to be alone cooking. Later is when everybody and there mamma comes over.

Everybody is up around here but I still would like to be alone cooking. Later is when everybody and there mamma comes over.
Are you doing all the cooking?

You've got a point about being alone when cooking. My husband and daughter usually stay in the living room when I'm cooking. We live about 8 hours from in-laws but when we have had Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with them it's a pain. My father-in-law walks around when I'm taking stuff out of the oven and my mother-in-law hovers over stuff. I worry one of her nose hairs will drop into a casserole :D

Don't feel bad Lynne... we celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday so that everyone that wanted to come would be off work by then... today... it's pizza... DiGorgnio which didn't come out quite right... oh well...

Have a good turkey day. Besides after dinner YOU go take a nap and make everyone else (INCLUDING the dog) clean up! :uhyeah:

Don't feel bad Lynne... we celebrated Thanksgiving on Sunday so that everyone that wanted to come would be off work by then... today... it's pizza... DiGorgnio which didn't come out quite right... oh well...

Have a good turkey day. Besides after dinner YOU go take a nap and make everyone else (INCLUDING the dog) clean up! :uhyeah:
The dog will definitely be cleaning up - he gets a fabulous dinner tonight.

What happened with the pizza? My lower oven is somewhere between 25 and 50 degrees too high. For pizzas, I turn it down 50 degrees so they don't get too dark. Have you tried the Foccacia thick crust pizzas? They are sooo good.

I'm off to cook green beans with bacon, dressing, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just curious, anyone going to MA class on Friday or Saturday, or working out?

I'm off to cook green beans with bacon, dressing, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Just curious, anyone going to MA class on Friday or Saturday, or working out?

I'll be working out tomorrow, if not later tonight. My school is open on Saturday for all classes.

Are you doing all the cooking?

You've got a point about being alone when cooking. My husband and daughter usually stay in the living room when I'm cooking. We live about 8 hours from in-laws but when we have had Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner with them it's a pain. My father-in-law walks around when I'm taking stuff out of the oven and my mother-in-law hovers over stuff. I worry one of her nose hairs will drop into a casserole :D

For the most part Yes nut I like it that way

Well my family is watching music videos. I am the outcast there as music videos just do not do it for me. However, on the internet I am not to much of an outcast! :rofl:

I'm trying to decide whether to go to class on Saturday - not sure.

I had cooked the giblets and "other stuff" with the turkey neck for my dog. I picked off the meat from the neck and threw the neck in the trash. Doggone if my dog didn't get the turkey neck out of the trash. He's not food aggressive but I knew there was no way I'd be able to get a turkey neck from him. He ate the thing in less than two minutes. Pig.

Well my family is watching music videos. I am the outcast there as music videos just do not do it for me. However, on the internet I am not to much of an outcast! :rofl:
I'm rarely in the mood for music videos. Most of them are stupid.

Back