Israeli Soldiers attacked by "relief" ship

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
One more than one occasion did both I and others see Palestine people standing in line at a border crossing begging for entrance into Israel for medical reasons. When we were standing around to long, we actually got approached because the soldiers were getting nervous.

Well, I didn't know that about Belfast and London. My bad :)

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Do not put words into my mouth that I didn't say.
The occupation did not end. Friends have been there, I have been there. The occupation did not end. They just started building somewhere else.

As far as I know, settlers have indeed left Gaza (I didn't do a google search).
Now if it was the same voor Erfat (Near Wad Rahal) and N'ilin in the West-Bank..

You do realize that Gaza (that we are discussing) and the West Bank are 2 different matter, right?

The plan was to leave Gaza, and within a year do the same with the WB.

While the decision to leave Gaza, and to make the Arabs happy by removing all Jews from there, was not a popular decision, the Israeli population accepted it as a condition of the peace they want.

Once the attacks from Gaza intensified after the withdrawal, there was no way Israel was going to unilaterally withdraw from the WB.

However, the economy and living conditions are much better in the WB. No, they're no ideal. But the relative quiet from the WB has meant more relaxed security and economic measures.

In europe bombing attacks have been made in the past and the near past. The IRA, ETA, Catalan Liberation Army and so on.
Never saw those governements built walls around certain area's, deny medical help or same things around those lines.
Maybe a logical fallacy on my side, but just pointing out the fact that inhumane treatment results in inhumane reactions.

Not to dismiss the suffering of those acts of terrorism, none of those groups were constantly shelling population centers.

Plenty of Palestinians are being treated in Israel. But do keep in mind that Israel is in a state of armed conflict with Hamas.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'll just sum it up, I know.
It's basic history we get in high school.

Yes, they are different matters, but come down to the same problem.

And have you ever been there?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Canucks answered the OP questions but just to add a bit about the Irish one as it was brought up.
http://www.geographyinaction.co.uk/Ethnic%20Diversity/Ethnic_PeaceLines.html

The situation in Northern Ireland is not dis-similiar nor has it been resolved, it's quieter and more peaceful than it's ever been but there's still shooting, bombings and murders. The tensions between the two sides is easing but is still very much in the background.

Hamas is a terrorist organisation that causes more than Israeli deaths, this report is a newpaper not known for it's support of Israel and includes criticism of Israel.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/20/hamas-killings-gaza-human-rights

Again not a pro Isreali paper
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article6397995.ece

And lastly very much not Israeli supporters!

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2009/06/200964131434353898.html

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may notice that this thread has shrunk dramatically. Missing posts regarding Jewish history, what it is to be Jewish, Israeli history, and more have been moved to a new thread, History of Judaism & Israel.

Perhaps we can all stay on topic in this one now, huh?

Yes, you may consider that a formal warning: STAY ON TOPIC.

jks9199
Super Moderator

Latest Discussions