Bob Hubbard - 2008 Platform.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the eve of the new year, I am formally announcing my intent to run for President of the United States of America. In a year where much will be decided on sound bites and opinion without fact, where the real issues will go ignored and unanswered, I am joining the race to the White House.

My chances at success are slim. I have no funding. I have no organization behind me. My campaign staff is non-existent, and most importantly, I'm not on a single ballot anywhere at this moment. Uphill? The cliff is sheer and slick to be sure.

But, as an American I have the Constitutionally given right to try, and try I shall.

My platform is below. Much was discussed previously in 2004 and my positions on those issues have not changed.

There is too much government, too much graft, too much corruption, and too little done for us and our children. My intent is to force that change and bring the governing of this great nation under the true control of "We The People".

Abortion:
Support womans right to abortion.

Stem Cell Research:
Support research into ways to do this in an manner not requiring embryonc destruction

Cloning:
Support research into cloning and the development of laws to prevent and punish abuses.

Drug Policy / War:
- Legalize Marijuana and add "sin" taxes to help fund drug treatment programs and health reform.
- Use increased border patrols and higher inspections to minimize trafficking.

Death Penalty:
- Against

Supreme Court:
- Select Judges committed to law, civil rights, and strengthening the Constitution.

State Fiscal Crisis:
- Encourage States to get "Lean and Mean". Cut the fat and reduce "do-Nothing" patronage jobs.

Economy/Taxes:
- Simplify the existing tax system.
- Explore the idea of a combination flat tax and national sales tax.
- Work to encourage technical trades to use American workers rather than farming out their tech jobs to Asia.
- No tax cuts unless they come from a revised tax code.
- Run government like a business, with tight controls on spending and require justification for expenditures.
- Remove 'Special Interest' controls from the budget process.

Election Reform:
- Strong controls and limits on lobbyists, PACs, and SIGs.
- Denounce "Mud Slinging" and "Smear" politicking.
- Level playing field to encourage formation and inclusion of "third" parties, including establishing fair guidelines for inclusion in debates, funding and other "givens" that the 2 majority parties now enjoy.

Education:
- Revamp existing funding structure and encourage private investment into education.
- Tougher standards for teachers and students
- Encourage private sponsorship of technical training

Governmental Growth:
- Return Federal Government to a smaller size
- Become "Lean and Mean"
- Return to a Jeffersonian approach to government.
- Less Government in our lives.

Environment/Energy
- Encourage US Oil Companies to update and modernize their refining capacity by removing financial benefits to their simply pocketing profits and allowing existing facilities to lie unused or unusable.
- No drilling in Arctic Refuge
- Encourage "Clean Air" alternatives such as wind, hydro and solar power, as well as 'fuel cells'.
- Encourage private companies to 'clean up' their local areas. Provide federal funding for water and land reclamation.
- Tighten pollution standards and raise penalties for non-compliance.
- Expand Federal environmental protection coverage in national parks and resources.
- US Independence from Foreign energy imports within 10 years.
- Raise MPG requirements and push for more efficient autos. Goal of affordable, safe and comfortable vehicles with 100+ MPG efficiency within 10 years.
- Increase reuse and recycling initiatives for nation.
- Explore expansion of "Bio" fuels such as BioDesiel, and BioGas, made by recycling of otherwise waste products.

Farming / Livestock:
- Expand funding for conservation and smart farming ideas.
- Encourage farmers to plant and export products rather than relying on Federal Subsidies
- Increase the number of Meat inspectors nationwide and raise the quality of our national food supply.
- Encourage higher usage of true Organic farming, and decrease reliance on chemicals and additives in the food supply
- Increase clean water initiatives
- Increase penalties on polluters to painful levels.

Copyright
- Increase the protections afforded to artists for their works
- Investigate the Music and Movie industries recent actions

Drug Use in Sports and Entertainment
- explore regulating these industries to include requirements for independent third party testing of athletes and entertainers

Gay Rights:
- Full Rights for same-gender relationships including marriage/health/death/family benefits.
- Openly serve in Military
- Ban job discrimination
- Extend hate-crime protections to include.

Guns:
- Do not grant gun makers immunity from lawsuits
- Do not renew Assault Weapon Ban
- Require full background checks at gun shows and other sale points such as pawn shops and flea markets.
- Enforce existing gun laws and prosecute those who lie on background checks
- Homeland Security begins with the 2nd Amendment.

Home Land Security / Immigration:
- Repeal the labeling of US Citizens as enemy combatants.
- Repeal Patriot Act and restore civil liberties.
- Fully Integrate FBI and CIA inside DHS.
- No 'automatic path' to citizenship.
- Tougher 'entry' standards.
- Full patrolling of US Borders by land, air and sea. Create a "Coast Watchers" department to actively monitor coastline.
- Full and complete inspections at US Border crossings, especially the Mexican. Searches for contraband, illegal aliens and safety checks mandatory.
- Fully Fund and Staff the Boarder Patrol.
- Increase crossing capacity to handle added workload.
- Fully Federalize all Airline screener's and use strict enforcement of guidelines.
- Require point to point accountability and observation for all baggage handling at airports and other transport hubs with criminal prosecution for abuses.
- Require all citizens traveling abroad or accessing Federal property to possess an ID that complies with Federal ID requirements. The exact requirements of the system to be decided, with an emphasis on ease of use, low maintenance cost, easy integration with existing ID check systems, and solid security.

Health Care:
- Work to reduce drug prices across the board
- Allow small businesses to 'group together' to help lower premiums.
- Fund federal clinic and medical coverage by adding a 'sin' tax to tobacco, alcohol and marijuana.
- Raise standards for veterans care.
- Remove limits on health care. 100% health care coverage for all Americans.
- Remove abuses caused by outrageous markups on services.

Iraq / Afghanistan / Mid East / Military / International
- Convert US role in Iraq to 'Support'. Work to pull out as soon as humanly possible. Reserve right to withdraw if position becomes a quagmire.
- Return US to non-Preemption Policy.
- Return to Afghanistan to finish the hunt for the 9/11 masterminds
- Use Iraqs increasing income from it's oil production to fund it's own rebuilding.
- Continue to train Iraqis to deal with internal threats.
- Punish war profiteers.
- Denounce Israeli and Palestinian atrocities. Act as mediator to find peaceful options. Reserve right to withdraw if situations sour.
- Continue to fund improvements in technology to protect troops
- Against National Missile Defense.
- Reduce deployments overseas. Use Regular military to strengthen our borders.
- Recruit more regular service members and reduce dependency on National Guard to fight foreign wars.
- Create Civilian Defense Force
- No Draft.
- Curb wasteful spending while investing in new equipment and technology.
- Better pay and benefits for service personnel and their families.
- Remove all economic and military support from nations where our presence is not welcome.
- US to focus on economic pressure over military pressure to solve international problems.
- Cease humanitarian, economic and military aid to non-friendly regimes, with priority removal from nations actively engaged in hostile actions against the US or who support their citizens hostility or who either directly or indirectly minimize the effectiveness of US aid to their citizens (IE allow the theft of 90% of food at the docks).
- Increase research into better protections for our troops
- Insist on fully and properly outfitting of troops prior to deployment.

Retirement and Social Security:
- Encourage Private Investment in addition to existing Social Security program.
- Prevent funding of outside projects with SS funds.
- Restrict usage of SS funding to retirement and disability funding only

Trade:
- Require companies moving jobs overseas to give notice.
- Review existing trade agreements and renegotiate those that are excessively unfair to America.
- Encourage additional participation in "Fair Trade"

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
While I don't agree with you on every single issue, I do on a majority of your platform, so now you've got 2 votes :)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Too bad some other candidates can't lay their platforms out so clearly. A third vote from me - your campaign is rolling right along!

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
4th from me....few things I don't agree with but on the whole you would be a lot better than most running and scare me a LOT less!....I'm with Kacey, I wish more canidates would just lay it out without tap dancing around questions....

Live True

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Just over an hour into your campaign and already five votes (too slow in posting)...not too shabby!

I agree with you on more than I disagree.

Could you hold some seminars for the current candidates on clarity in communications?:p

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thank you.
:)

Right now, I'm working on launching the website. Seems I need to rapidly pull together 270,000 signatures (nationwide) to get on all 50 states ballots. Still looking for lot of specifics.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Just over an hour into your campaign and already five votes (too slow in posting)...not too shabby!

I agree with you on more than I disagree.

Could you hold some seminars for the current candidates on clarity in communications?:p
There's an old joke about knowing when a polititian is lying is when their lips are moving...I'm not a polititian. I'm more a Teddy Roosevelt type..."Speak softly and carry a big stick". I blame Arnis for the stick idea. :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
There's an old joke about knowing when a polititian is lying is when their lips are moving...I'm not a polititian. I'm more a Teddy Roosevelt type..."Speak softly and carry a big stick". I blame Arnis for the stick idea. :D
Arnis or Arnisador?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just great...... Bob comes down with Bloombergitis on New Year's Eve .....and you're all celebrating:cheers:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I heard he was soft on crime!!!

(Or was it that he was crusted with grime?)

Actually, drawing up a bullet list of specific positions like that strikes me as an interesting and useful inventory of one's own positions! My platform has always been: Save Healthcare by Banning Dentistry.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
State Fiscal Crisis:
- Encourage States to get "Lean and Mean". Cut the fat and reduce "do-Nothing" patronage jobs.

As a person that has worked in state government for several years I feel I need to say of course you realize this one all by itself will stop you from EVER being elected don't you?

I like it, but it is an election killer and no political party will touch you after that statement

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
What party are you running under?

What is your big picture goal? Are you running to win, to shake things up, or to share your views?

AoG

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't support Bob, he wants to make Klingon the National Language... he just omitted that.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As a person that has worked in state government for several years I feel I need to say of course you realize this one all by itself will stop you from EVER being elected don't you?

I like it, but it is an election killer and no political party will touch you after that statement

I dunno,there's been a few who said similar.

What party are you running under?

What is your big picture goal? Are you running to win, to shake things up, or to share your views?

AoG

Currently Independant. No party.

I can't support Bob, he wants to make Klingon the National Language... he just omitted that.

Shhh.....

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
I will sneak across the border and vote for you, and I understand if you have to send the DHS back after me.

newGuy12

Master of Arts
Reaction score
WAIT!

Mr. Hubbard -- what is your stance on NetNeutrality?

<Please keep the Arnis/Escrima/Kali people AWAY from the sticks! Do not let them get hold of a stick! Keep them away from the sticks!!!> LOL!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On the eve of the new year, I am formally announcing my intent to run for President of the United States of America. In a year where much will be decided on sound bites and opinion without fact, where the real issues will go ignored and unanswered, I am joining the race to the White House.

Bob, I support your idea of running in the race for the White House. I think everyone should give it a try if they think they can make a difference.

My chances at success are slim. I have no funding. I have no organization behind me. My campaign staff is non-existent, and most importantly, I'm not on a single ballot anywhere at this moment. Uphill? The cliff is sheer and slick to be sure.

I would be and I am under the same conditions. (* Shhh I might try to run off against you and try to split the MT Ticket. ;) Or would that be the MT party ticket? *)

But, as an American I have the Constitutionally given right to try, and try I shall.

Actually not only do you have the right to try some might even argue it could be a responsibility you choose to take upon yourself.

My platform is below. Much was discussed previously in 2004 and my positions on those issues have not changed.

While I like the bullet format and the fact that you reference previous information to see if you have changed your mind. I would like to address each major bullet myself.

There is too much government, too much graft, too much corruption, and too little done for us and our children. My intent is to force that change and bring the governing of this great nation under the true control of "We The People".

How would you "FORCE" the changes? But line item vetos" or by some other method?

Abortion:
Support womans right to abortion.

While I support the right of choice. Where do you stand on men bringing suit for their rights as a father? Such as requesting to be able to take care of the child with no expected support form the mother as she does not or did not wish to carry the baby to term.

Stem Cell Research:
Support research into ways to do this in an manner not requiring embryonc destruction

Would you give tax breaks to those who did the research or would you give money in grants or some other manner of support?

Cloning:
Support research into cloning and the development of laws to prevent and punish abuses.

What type of punishment? Fines or jail time? As you do not support the death penalty.

Drug Policy / War:
- Legalize Marijuana and add "sin" taxes to help fund drug treatment programs and health reform.
- Use increased border patrols and higher inspections to minimize trafficking.

Sin taxes on drugs? Sin taxes on existing drugs such as alcohol or cigarettes? What drugs would the sin taxes be on?

Death Penalty:
- Against

I am for the death penalty as I stated in a thread on this site about the topic. Yet, I support your decision to be against it.

Supreme Court:
- Select Judges committed to law, civil rights, and strengthening the Constitution.

Would this be for the Supreme Court or for Federal positions? How would you do a better job than is being done today? I am sure the judges start out being committed to the law.

State Fiscal Crisis:

This is kind of weak. To say you encourage, this means you stay on the sides lines and cheer. How would you encourage? Would you ask the states to take over existing funding projects? Would you penalize states that did not follow your encouragement?

Do you have an example of a "do-Nothing" patronage job?

Economy/Taxes:
- Simplify the existing tax system.
- Explore the idea of a combination flat tax and national sales tax.
- Work to encourage technical trades to use American workers rather than farming out their tech jobs to Asia.
- No tax cuts unless they come from a revised tax code.
- Run government like a business, with tight controls on spending and require justification for expenditures.
- Remove 'Special Interest' controls from the budget process.

I support the flat tax. One could implement a low end position for singles and or head of house and also for families. Then once above the minimum have a simple flat tax, with no deductions.

How would you handle the Social Security? Would you continue with SS Tax as it is today or as a separate Flat Tax? Would you take the special interests that collect SS out of the program? If so would you have a separate Flat Tax for the funding of them?

This also might lead to a line item Flat Tax for health care. It could be mandatory to lower and share costs to get a minimum coverage plan for everyone. Or it could be optional, but this would lower the number and possible most likely raise the cost per person involved.

I understand the No Tax Cut line. If there is a function or a benefit someone has to pay for it eventually.

While I respect the Run the government as a business comment. Dr. Deming has some books and articles and other publications about over optimizing or sub optimizing to save a penny here in one location or one group but it ends up costing one dollar some place else. How would you try to get tighter controls today? What type of improvements can you offer? I know today that some office managers have the option of buying the approved computers on the approved list, but this list is old they could get a cheaper computer at a local store. But since they want to upgrade a group of computers it is above the spending approval so they have to submit a capital expenditure request. How would you address this issue?

I support the special interest removal from budgets and from getting kick backs in people getting put into certain positions.

Election Reform:
- Strong controls and limits on lobbyists, PACs, and SIGs.
- Denounce "Mud Slinging" and "Smear" politicking.
- Level playing field to encourage formation and inclusion of "third" parties, including establishing fair guidelines for inclusion in debates, funding and other "givens" that the 2 majority parties now enjoy.

What type of increased controls would implement on Lobbyists, PAC's, and SIG's? Would you create a committee to investigate?

By Denouce would you just say it is not good to do this? Or if elected would set up some rules stating that insults were not allowed? And how would you determine an insult?

I support the "third" Party leveling you propose. Would you give them all the same amount? Would it be based upon votes in the last election? (* Trying to improve voter turn out? *) Would it be nothing to all as the only way to make sure it was equal?

BTW: A. Lincoln took a third party to the White House. The Republican Party was a third party of the day. The two major being Whig and Democratic. Of Course the Republican party grew out of the Democratic Party, but it was a third party.

Education:
- Revamp existing funding structure and encourage private investment into education.
- Tougher standards for teachers and students
- Encourage private sponsorship of technical training

Private investment into education? For Elementary & Secondary, or Collegiate only?

Tougher standards for teachers? What would be tougher? Education levels? Requirements on teaching? i.e. if they do not care get rid of them? How would you replace them? Would you national education and or make a minimum wage that would attract qualified people?

Tougher standards for students? Meaning that if they screw up in school they can be kicked out. If the assault an instructor they are out? Higher requirements for test scores?

How would you increase Private sponsorship for technical education. I know this goes on right now at colleges. I also know that many also do it in elementary and high school for robotics and other technical challenges or competition.

Governmental Growth:
- Return Federal Government to a smaller size
- Become "Lean and Mean"
- Return to a Jeffersonian approach to government.
- Less Government in our lives.

While I support less government in our lives, I am confused on how you would do this. Can you provide some examples?

Smaller government is an idea. How would you approach getting smaller? What services would be cut back?

What would you do with the military?

What would you do with research and or space type programs?

Environment/Energy
- Encourage US Oil Companies to update and modernize their refining capacity by removing financial benefits to their simply pocketing profits and allowing existing facilities to lie unused or unusable.
- No drilling in Arctic Refuge
- Encourage "Clean Air" alternatives such as wind, hydro and solar power, as well as 'fuel cells'.
- Encourage private companies to 'clean up' their local areas. Provide federal funding for water and land reclamation.
- Tighten pollution standards and raise penalties for non-compliance.
- Expand Federal environmental protection coverage in national parks and resources.
- US Independence from Foreign energy imports within 10 years.
- Raise MPG requirements and push for more efficient autos. Goal of affordable, safe and comfortable vehicles with 100+ MPG efficiency within 10 years.
- Increase reuse and recycling initiatives for nation.
- Explore expansion of "Bio" fuels such as BioDesiel, and BioGas, made by recycling of otherwise waste products.

Encourage clean air. Would you support the off shore wind farms that Europe is looking into? Right now the easiest way to create Hydrogen for Fuel Cells is to use electricity. Would you fund research into getting it other ways? Or offer Tax credits? What type of incentives would you offer to get people interested in spending the money on research?

US Independence on foreign energy. There was once a plan by the leaders of this country. It was to use the limited energy that was outside the country first and then when there is a real shortage the reserves would be in the control of those from this country. Would you be looking to change this long standing policy? Is that because your alternative fuel options would be in place within ten years? How do you make sure your plans are in place after you leave the office in 4 or 8 years?

As to Bio Fuels would the Government fund the research or would the offer some incentive to private industries for their own research?

Farming / Livestock:
- Expand funding for conservation and smart farming ideas.
- Encourage farmers to plant and export products rather than relying on Federal Subsidies
- Increase the number of Meat inspectors nationwide and raise the quality of our national food supply.
- Encourage higher usage of true Organic farming, and decrease reliance on chemicals and additives in the food supply
- Increase clean water initiatives
- Increase penalties on polluters to painful levels.

By increasing the number of inspectors and also the higher standards in other areas you mention above, this would mean adding in more people. This is not getting smaller. This is larger. Would you fund this with a new tax or by cutting somewhere else?

Copyright
- Increase the protections afforded to artists for their works
- Investigate the Music and Movie industries recent actions

So you support the industries controlling this? Or you think the artists should have more individual control?

Drug Use in Sports and Entertainment
- explore regulating these industries to include requirements for independent third party testing of athletes and entertainers

Would the cost be paid for by the teams themselves? This is in my opinion another place where the government would be getting involved in our lives and adding more cost as the owners would still want the same profit margins and pass the cost onto the viewers and fans. Can you explain how this fits your other comments?

Gay Rights:
- Full Rights for same-gender relationships including marriage/health/death/family benefits.
- Openly serve in Military
- Ban job discrimination
- Extend hate-crime protections to include.

A simple law would handle most of this. Would you author it or have someone else send to vote?

BTW: I support this action as well.

Guns:
- Do not grant gun makers immunity from lawsuits
- Do not renew Assault Weapon Ban
- Require full background checks at gun shows and other sale points such as pawn shops and flea markets.
- Enforce existing gun laws and prosecute those who lie on background checks
- Homeland Security begins with the 2nd Amendment.

While I agree with manufacturer defects should be covered by the manufacturer, it is not the fault of a car company is some one buys a car and uses it to kill someone. The lawyers go where the money is. This means people will go after the manufacturers. I am confused by your first line in the immediate above.

I agree with no ban on assault weapons.

The full background checks would slow down the process. Would you still allow those who had already done the background research and hand a valid Concealed pistol or weapons permit to buy at a show? Would you allow
it across state lines or only in the same state? Or would it be only approved states that meet a minimum level?

Home Land Security / Immigration:
- Repeal the labeling of US Citizens as enemy combatants.
- Repeal Patriot Act and restore civil liberties.
- Fully Integrate FBI and CIA inside DHS.
- No 'automatic path' to citizenship.
- Tougher 'entry' standards.
- Full patrolling of US Borders by land, air and sea. Create a "Coast Watchers" department to actively monitor coastline.
- Full and complete inspections at US Border crossings, especially the Mexican. Searches for contraband, illegal aliens and safety checks mandatory.
- Fully Fund and Staff the Boarder Patrol.
- Increase crossing capacity to handle added workload.
- Fully Federalize all Airline screener's and use strict enforcement of guidelines.
- Require point to point accountability and observation for all baggage handling at airports and other transport hubs with criminal prosecution for abuses.
- Require all citizens traveling abroad or accessing Federal property to possess an ID that complies with Federal ID requirements. The exact requirements of the system to be decided, with an emphasis on ease of use, low maintenance cost, easy integration with existing ID check systems, and solid security.

If someone has declared or made actions against the US or its citizens would they be allowed to be labeled as a threat to society?

** A moment of silence please **
Thank you for the repealing of the Patriot Act.

Would the FBI/ATF/CIA be a sub group within the Department of Homeland Security? Or as it was created as part of the Patriot Act would continue with the one bureau idea that handles both internal and external investigations?

By no automatic path, do you mean being born in the US? Being Born in the US with foreign parents? Can you explain further on this?

Tougher 'entry' standards? Is this for residence or visiting or application of citizenship?

By Creation of the coast watchers I detect an increase in the government size here. See above question on the same issue. Also for Border Patrol as well.

Would everyone get the screening I get? If so then there should be no problems.

You support a single source Federal ID. I see you want it to be easy to use. Would this be a national driving license? And for those who do not drive would it an ID like that but different enough not to be confused?

Health Care:
- Work to reduce drug prices across the board
- Allow small businesses to 'group together' to help lower premiums.
- Fund federal clinic and medical coverage by adding a 'sin' tax to tobacco, alcohol and marijuana.
- Raise standards for veterans care.
- Remove limits on health care. 100% health care coverage for all Americans.
- Remove abuses caused by outrageous markups on services.

Drug prices are there as they are also trying to regroup the cost for failed research. How would you decrease the cost? Regulate the amount of profit they can make?

Small business forming a guild would be a good idea. As long as it did not turn into a monopoly issue.
Sin taxes may not cover all costs. Would you have an excess of sin tax to make sure the money is there? How would you make sure people just did not spend it to make sure they got it the next year?

Increasing standards for veteran care is good. Would this be covered with an increase in tax or flat tax?

How would you pay for the 100% Health Care Coverage? See above about Flat Tax.

Iraq / Afghanistan / Mid East / Military / International
- Convert US role in Iraq to 'Support'. Work to pull out as soon as humanly possible. Reserve right to withdraw if position becomes a quagmire.
- Return US to non-Preemption Policy.
- Return to Afghanistan to finish the hunt for the 9/11 masterminds
- Use Iraqs increasing income from it's oil production to fund it's own rebuilding.
- Continue to train Iraqis to deal with internal threats.
- Punish war profiteers.
- Denounce Israeli and Palestinian atrocities. Act as mediator to find peaceful options. Reserve right to withdraw if situations sour.
- Continue to fund improvements in technology to protect troops
- Against National Missile Defense.
- Reduce deployments overseas. Use Regular military to strengthen our borders.
- Recruit more regular service members and reduce dependency on National Guard to fight foreign wars.
- Create Civilian Defense Force
- No Draft.
- Curb wasteful spending while investing in new equipment and technology.
- Better pay and benefits for service personnel and their families.
- Remove all economic and military support from nations where our presence is not welcome.
- US to focus on economic pressure over military pressure to solve international problems.
- Cease humanitarian, economic and military aid to non-friendly regimes, with priority removal from nations actively engaged in hostile actions against the US or who support their citizens hostility or who either directly or indirectly minimize the effectiveness of US aid to their citizens (IE allow the theft of 90% of food at the docks).
- Increase research into better protections for our troops
- Insist on fully and properly outfitting of troops prior to deployment.

No comment at this time. I reserve the right to come back to this later. :)

Retirement and Social Security:
- Encourage Private Investment in addition to existing Social Security program.
- Prevent funding of outside projects with SS funds.
- Restrict usage of SS funding to retirement and disability funding only

Why should disability funding for those who never paid in come from the SS fund? If we as a society decide that funding for disabilities is good or required or best for interest of society then we should fund it by itself? Why do you think it should remain a part of the SS? Is it because it has been for so long?

Private investment is allowed now and people encourage everyone to contribute. But we all "NEED" to have the latest iPod and other toys. So, how would you make your encouragement different? Would you offer incentives? Would you allow for individuals to do 401k versus IRA's? As the limit in 401k's is higher than an individual IRA.

Trade:
- Require companies moving jobs overseas to give notice.
- Review existing trade agreements and renegotiate those that are excessively unfair to America.
- Encourage additional participation in "Fair Trade"

Company A tells it's people I am moving the manufacturing out of the US. Here is your severance pay. Is this not notice? What type of notice are talking about? Is this not a place where the government is getting into our lives?

I agree with the trade agreements. If a country has tariffs on our subjects then we should do the same be it a capitalist open market or not. This will open on the second largest economy of Japan that is pretty much a closed economy right now.

Thanks for your time in replying.

Latest Discussions