Israeli Soldiers attacked by "relief" ship

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I don't, of course. But you didn't offer any cogent facts or citations from history. You dismissed the work cited by mauna because the authors were Poles. You offered no reason to do so other than the fact that they were Poles, such as offering other works, citations or academics which would support your point. When I challenged you on it, you responded with a remark about close minded goy.

What else am I supposed to think?

History is not argued by dismissing the historian for no good reason.

And he's been asked for titles and authors.

We can't directly cite other sources because it never happened. History books are usualy light on mentioning things that don't happen.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I always wonder about the simple thing:
The Jewish people have been exposed to more hate, expulsion and killings that any other race/tribe in the world... Yet why do they impose just the same on other people (being the palestines in this case)?

5 Belgian people were on board of one of the ships.
A special unit that boards ships in international waters? That's illegal. Even if the flotilla was out to break the baracade, operating within international waters is illegal. Simple as it is.

Right now I'm off to get more books on the case and on zionism.

The boarding was legal. There was no issue with the other 5 ships. There was no issue with the Rachel Corrie.

Hamas is refusing to let the aid from the convoy in.

Egypt is stopping medical aid from entering Gaza.

Hamas is refusing the Red Cross' offer to distribute medical supplies.

Israel just let in a convoy of aid from Jordan.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lots of countries have special units that board ships, they are fishery protection vessels, customs and excise vessals and immigration control vessels.

Zionism and Judaism are different subjects, Not all Jews are Zionists, not all Zionists are Jews. (an example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orde_Wingate )

Try the books on my suggested reading list.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The Canadian Navy routinely boards foreign fishing vessels in international waters. Maritime Law recognizes a further zone beyond ones territorial waters.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The boarding was legal. There was no issue with the other 5 ships. There was no issue with the Rachel Corrie.

Hamas is refusing to let the aid from the convoy in.

Egypt is stopping medical aid from entering Gaza.

Hamas is refusing the Red Cross' offer to distribute medical supplies.

Israel just let in a convoy of aid from Jordan.
There were issues with the other ships, the Greek ship Sfendoni was shot at.
And the boarding was clearly illegal, it happened in international waters. Ships at sea are under the jurisdiction of the Flag State and breaking an unrecognized and illegal bloccade is not a crime that falls under international Sea Laws. Smart? No. Legal? Yes. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_waters)

I understand why hamas does that. And about Egypt, well they are afraid and bow under pressure.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Theres one thing I want to know...

Why do so many American Jews continue to support the Democratic party?

OP
Grenadier

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back to the topic at hand,

Shame on Reuters for editing the footage, to paint it as more pro-"activist":

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/08/reuters-fake-photos-ihh-gaza-blockade-commandos/

The British-based Reuters news agency has been stung for the second time by charges that it edited politically sensitive photos in a way that casts Israel in a bad light.

The news agency reacted to questions raised by an American blogger who showed that Reuters' photo service edited out knives and blood traces from pictures taken aboard the activist ship Mavi Marmara during a clash with Israeli commandos last week. Nine people were killed and scores were injured in the clash.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If it was all about the aid, then how come Hamas is refusing the ships' cargo?

Despite international criticism against Israel following a calamitous IDF raid on an aid flotilla to Gaza, it appeared Monday that Hamas was the one preventing the goods brought by the flotilla from entering the Strip.

The army announced Monday that the humanitarian aid brought by the ships had been mostly unloaded, and estimated that the task would be completed in the next few days.

1_wa.jpg

Tzrifin warehouse overflows with supplies (Photo: Avi Mualem)

However Hamas continues to insist that the shipment not be brought in through the land crossings, and in the meantime the goods continue to pile up in the army's warehouses.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3901662,00.html

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
LOL. An Israeli student group is trying to organize a flotilla to send humanitarian aid to the Kurds and Armenians in Turkey.

http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=177789
They should do that!

And the reason why Hamas doesn't accept the goods from the IDF is pretty simple... "Why give us things, when we are able to do it ourselves if we were allowed"

Alot less clusterbombs would probably help too..

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
They should do that!

And the reason why Hamas doesn't accept the goods from the IDF is pretty simple... "Why give us things, when we are able to do it ourselves if we were allowed"

But they still accept the 15,000 tommes a week coming through Israel from other nations, notably Jordan.

Read the article carefully. It's not that they don't want it. They don't want it coming through a land crossing.

Alot less clusterbombs would probably help too..
A lot less rockets raining on Israel would be a good start.

The justification used to be they were resisting the occupation. Well, the occupation ended in 2005 when all Jews were removed from Gaza. Leaving behind a modern, viable greenhouse agro-business. After destroying synagogues, neighbourhoods, the Gazans then destroyed the greenhouses.

Billions have been sent to Gaza. Most ends up in the hands of Hamas, used to fund the terrorist activities.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ofcourse they don't want it coming over land. They are extremely paranoid.

Ah yes, indeed alot less rockets would be a beginning.
But is it up to the people living in poverty to start the negotiations? They are with their backs against the proverbial wall. They have nothing.
And seriously, homemade rockets vs one of the most expensive/well-equiped armies in the world?
Everywhere in the world nations sign treaties not to use clusterbombs or land-mines anymore, because the real innocent get hit with it most of the times. Guess who doesn't?

The occupation did not end. Friends have been there, I have been there. The occupation did not end. They just started building somewhere else.
I'm actually planning on going back.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ofcourse they don't want it coming over land. They are extremely paranoid.

Yet they allow 15,000 tonnes a week through those same land crossings.

Ah yes, indeed alot less rockets would be a beginning.
But is it up to the people living in poverty to start the negotiations? They are with their backs against the proverbial wall. They have nothing.
And seriously, homemade rockets vs one of the most expensive/well-equiped armies in the world?

Maybe just because that army is reluctant to unleash it's power?

How would you like homemade rockets falling down in YOUR neighbourhood?

The occupation did not end. Friends have been there, I have been there. The occupation did not end. They just started building somewhere else.
I'm actually planning on going back.

Israel is completely out of Gaza. Point out where they are building in Gaza?

Or do you subscribe to the line that all if Israel is occupied territories?

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Do not put words into my mouth that I didn't say.

As far as I know, settlers have indeed left Gaza (I didn't do a google search).
Now if it was the same voor Erfat (Near Wad Rahal) and N'ilin in the West-Bank..

In europe bombing attacks have been made in the past and the near past. The IRA, ETA, Catalan Liberation Army and so on.
Never saw those governements built walls around certain area's, deny medical help or same things around those lines.
Maybe a logical fallacy on my side, but just pointing out the fact that inhumane treatment results in inhumane reactions.

And I don't know what happens to Egypt... Strange decisions.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do not put words into my mouth that I didn't say.

As far as I know, settlers have indeed left Gaza (I didn't do a google search).
Now if it was the same voor Erfat (Near Wad Rahal) and N'ilin in the West-Bank..

In europe bombing attacks have been made in the past and the near past. The IRA, ETA, Catalan Liberation Army and so on.
Never saw those governements built walls around certain area's, deny medical help or same things around those lines.
Maybe a logical fallacy on my side, but just pointing out the fact that inhumane treatment results in inhumane reactions.

And I don't know what happens to Egypt... Strange decisions.

Well actually we did build a wall in Belfast and London has some very large barriers around certain buildings.

I think you will have to prove that medical aid isn't getting through to Gaza when I know that people from there are being treated in Israeli hospitals, far too easy to accuse.

Latest Discussions