Instant motorcycle lust...

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/models/classic-g5.html

g5-classic-34.jpg

499cc and one cylinder of Royal Enfield goodness.

Daddy wants.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A wonderful 'new' bike that. By the sounds of things, tho', if you own one of these lovelies , you will not be able to refer to it as "My old Royal Oilfield" as we used to in the olden times :lol:.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A wonderful 'new' bike that. By the sounds of things, tho', if you own one of these lovelies , you will not be able to refer to it as "My old Royal Oilfield" as we used to in the olden times :lol:.

A lot of the 'old' names have been revived, some several times over. Most are variations on a theme - a modern V-twin engine, usually made by S&S, which is more-or-less a Harley design. A typical fatboy frame and some paint and decals and bang, a Henderson or Indian or Excelsior, etc.

I just like that this one tries to do it up right. It looks 'right'. Wowzer.

And I've owned a BSA and a Triumph in the past, a long time ago. They only leaked oil where you parked them, and the Lucas "Lord of Darkness" electrics were always fun.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:D Ah the delights of Lucas Prince of Darkness.

I nearly went to work for them at one point. Got as far as the interview and was told I did too well on the intelligence and aptitude tests so they didn't think I'd stick it :confused:.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I priced those when I was looking to buy a bike. They are a great price brand new, around 5k I think.

I also really like the classic look that they have, you would really stand out with a bike like that.

Latest Discussions