Interesting motorcycle designer

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I stumbled across this story and found it interesting; the designer, in addition to being a bit of a philosopher, also designs esoteric motorcycles and is a student of traditional Indian martial arts. Thus, I post the link here. Enjoy!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...ref=wsj_share_FB_bot&fb_source=home_multiline

Born in Hartford, Conn., Mr. Jacobs studied architecture and industrial design at Pratt Institute in New York City before interning at design studios in Austria. A student of Eastern philosophy and martial arts, he spent 2000 to 2001 in Kerala, along the southwest coast of India, studying Ayurvedic medicine and indigenous combat arts. He got hooked on motorcycles in India, riding an Enfield Bullet to the Himalayas and living to tell the tale. "I must have been run off the road 50 times in India," he said.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Alot of people forget (or never reralized) that India has a long history of armed and unarmed martial arts. These days East Asian arts like Karate and Judo are very popular there, but their own traditional wrestling, striking, and fencing styles are all stll around.

SuperFLY

Green Belt
Reaction score
Alot of people forget (or never reralized) that India has a long history of armed and unarmed martial arts. These days East Asian arts like Karate and Judo are very popular there, but their own traditional wrestling, striking, and fencing styles are all stll around.

in fact (as far as i am aware) many asian martial arts stemmed from indian influence originally.

take shaolin and Bodhidharma for example

Latest Discussions