If you were a teacher

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you were a ambunim/owber of the dojang will you follow the WTF/olimpic tread about kyorugi? I will not.

If I had a dojang I will teach TKD as must be for me, I mean I will teach the MA not the Olimpic game, the sparring will be for the beginers to blue belt point sparring from marroon belt to black belt full contact. The equipment will be the shin/instep protectors,groing portection,gloves and mouth protector, the beginers can use helmet.

No hogu.

Hands will be allowed even to the face.

Poomse and tech will be estressed so does SD techs and kyorugi.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I keep teaching the way I was tought right or wrong poomsae is not about kicking to the floor and the cieling, it is about being practicle ina S.D. type of stituation and that is the way it was developed.

Gizmo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
the sparring will be for the beginers to blue belt point sparring from marroon belt to black belt full contact. The equipment will be the shin/instep protectors,groing portection,gloves and mouth protector, the beginers can use helmet.

No hogu.

Sounds like something we do here in our neck of woods. The main difference is we don't have maroon belts :)

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you were a ambunim/owber of the dojang will you follow the WTF/olimpic tread about kyorugi? I will not.

If I had a dojang I will teach TKD as must be for me, I mean I will teach the MA not the Olimpic game, the sparring will be for the beginers to blue belt point sparring from marroon belt to black belt full contact. The equipment will be the shin/instep protectors,groing portection,gloves and mouth protector, the beginers can use helmet.

No hogu.

Manny
Remove the poomsae and you have our hapkido class.:D

Daniel

Earl Weiss

Senior Master
Reaction score

No hogu.

Manny

Sounds like you reccomend NOT following the WTF / Kukkiwon systems.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I suppose that one could follow the Kukkiwon curriculum and simply ignore the WTF, using their own sparring rules or using Shotokan (or someone else's) sparring rules.

Daniel

goingd

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I will teach both competition rules for sparring, and open sparring allowing just about anything that won't maim the students. I'd like all my students to at least have the opportunity to get the experience of competing.

Helmet will be a must for all students. I don't see how it restricts so I see no reason why I should take the higher chance of an injury.

^~^

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I suppose that one could follow the Kukkiwon curriculum and simply ignore the WTF, using their own sparring rules or using Shotokan (or someone else's) sparring rules.

Daniel

You are right, Daniel. In fact, if you are the 4th Dan instructor, YOU are the only one who really has to follow the KKW guidelines. When you test, you perform the Tae Gueks & sparring rules of the WTF. It's by your word that your students are ok'd by the KKW. If you say so, they are BB's. So in your school, you could teach them any way you prefer.

Latest Discussions