got rid of olimpic tkd

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
After realize I am not a competitor and will never compete in kyorugi yesterday I take the desicion of get rid of olimpic tae kwon do, simple, is not my thing. My thing is MA oriented TKD where I take TKD as MA self defense oriented thing.

So I don't care about the electronic hogu, is not my thing, I don't care about the stupid rules of olimpic TKD, I don't care about TKD as a sport.

I will train Clasic TKD and if allowed I will teach Calsic TKD in my sambunim's dojang.

Last night I was a little tired, I need a rest cause I train hard monday,tuesday,wendsday (mixing Kenpo and TKD) and my leags and mostly my feet hurt me a lot, so I tough well I'm gona rest tonight and tomorrow will go Kenpo, but I went to dojang and thankfully sambomim asked me to do the introductory class to a new kid and was refreshing.

I took things easy we did a good warm upand then I proced to show the basics to the new kid, so the class was not so hard but I felt happy cause I teach a young man.

My roots are Ji Do Kwan so I focus on techs the old fashion way, paying atention to the details.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Manny we all have paths we need to take, enjoy yours and have fun.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
My roots are Ji Do Kwan so I focus on techs the old fashion way, paying atention to the details.

Manny

I am all for a traditional approach to MA training. Your root in Ji Do Kwan, however, make for an interesting angle on things. The Ji Do Kwan played a major role in developing the sparring style used in WTF events, including the Olympics. Not that the two things can't co-exist (actual MA training and sport training), but it would seem that the sporting approach is part of your Kwan's legacy.

Pax,

Chris