I just got the ultimate Christmas gift!

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm istting hear pretty much stunned by the days events today (in a good way). First, while coaching comp team practice, my sahbumnim came out, stopped class to promote me to the titale "assistant head instructor." It was a cool gesture, got a new uniform out of the deal.

However, later at his Christmas party, he pulled me aside and told me that for all the work I've done at th school and his repsect for the kinds of work I do outside of TKD thatmyself and my familoy are now on full scholarship from now on. The only thing I'll ever have to pay for is dan testing (as most of that $$ goes to others outside the school). I'm blown away by his generosity...

Not much else to say really but wow...I am going to work extar hard to prove worthy of that generosity.

Peace,
Erik

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm istting hear pretty much stunned by the days events today (in a good way). First, while coaching comp team practice, my sahbumnim came out, stopped class to promote me to the titale "assistant head instructor." It was a cool gesture, got a new uniform out of the deal.

However, later at his Christmas party, he pulled me aside and told me that for all the work I've done at th school and his repsect for the kinds of work I do outside of TKD thatmyself and my familoy are now on full scholarship from now on. The only thing I'll ever have to pay for is dan testing (as most of that $$ goes to others outside the school). I'm blown away by his generosity...

Not much else to say really but wow...I am going to work extar hard to prove worthy of that generosity.

Peace,
Erik

Good for you, hard work and dedication stills pays off.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool! Congrats!!!:ultracool

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Outstanding, Erik!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Clearly he believes you fully deserve all that—well done!

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
Definitely Congrats Erik, you obviously deserved it and your attitude to continue and show that you deserve it is excellent.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! The world needs more people like yourself and your instructor. :asian:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
FANTASTIC news! That is really wonderful! So glad you shared....that is a very inspiring story. :)

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Congrats on your hardwork and dedication!

So do we call you Kyo Sa Nim now, or Bu Sah Bu Nim. :)

Kamsamita!

OP
B

bluekey88

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm still just kyosa Erik. Once I get the 2nd dan it'll be Kyosa nim (at least at my school).

Thanks for the warm wishes. I'm still pretty stoked. It's nice to have the recognition...but am stil dumbfounded at the generosity of free training for myself and my family. To me that's more of an honor than any title. I feel more a part of the dojang now...not that I wasn't before...it's ahrd to put into words.

Still, gotta stay humble...hard work got me here and hard work will show my appreciation better than anything.
Peace,
Erik

Latest Discussions