I earned my First Degree Black Belt 6-16-06

pstarr

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulation!!!!

Take some to reflect on what it means - now you're ready to start learning the real stuff! :)

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Full Salute, congratulations, Now the real work begins. Don't stray from the path.

Aloha

Rick

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Awesome!!!
Congrats to both of you!!!!
Whoot!

:partyon::partyon:

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations to you both!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
silatman said:
You beat me by 1 day.
I graded on the 6/17/06 and passed as well. Awesome feeling hey.
Congratulations, hope you celebrated this milestone as much as I did.
Respect.

In that case, congrats to you both!

Enjoy the fruits of accomplishment, as this is something that nobody can ever take away from you.

Now that you have a good foundation, it's time to start building that house. :)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Congratulations....It is a very big step for anyone....best wishes...work hard for you next giant step.

Ed Parker Kenpo Black Belts...are well respected........Aloha

-------------------------------

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations for both of you for achieving shodan. Big step now things become interesting.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congratulations!!!

Tell us more about your test. How did you feel, what was going through your mind, what did you learn, and what are your goals now?

- Ceicei

OP
gixxershane

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
there where only 4 of us testing.. one for first brown, one of our instructors tested for 3rd black, and myself testing for first black (from our school in rhode island), and one from Revere Karate Academy for first black..

we tested in front of a board of 1) 8th degree (Mrs.Cogliandro), 1) 6th black (Mr.Lombardi), 3) 5th balck's.. my instructor Mrs.Deacon...these other two are instructors up in Revere, Mr.Van, and Mr.Verng (sp, i cant read his signiture all that well
tongue.gif
.. 1) 3rd black, but i can only rember his first name wich is Casper.. 1)2nd black (Mr.Admlian (sp, again with the signiture))..

we arrived at about 6:15 to Mrs.C's school in Revere (nice set up
smile.gif
) so we got a bearing on the angles for the form and sets...got streched out and warmed up... now is when i started to get nervous :p..

so the board gathers for a few minuts and then the test started at 7:15pm.. we started out with basics.. you know punches, block, paries, kicks, and stances..

then they had us line up and we went one at a time doing our most recent form, then most recent set.. i performed form 4 for my form, and did staff set for the set... I also performed two man fist set, because the student from out school that was going for 1st brown was performing two man fist set... heheh so i ended up doing one form, and two sets...

after we were done going one at a time for that, the board had us lin back up (closer to them) and we did blocking set 1 a few times, then we did stance set 1.. once we were done with that we went to doing short 1, long 1, long 2, and short 3.....

then we had a little verbal part of the test.. questions about how to create power, and examples of it... diffrences between paries and blocks, diffrences between the checks... diffrent ways to utilize your stances...

then we moved over to the matts and did techniques.
rolleyes.gif
we started by doing all 10 yellow belt techniques in order one after the other.. that was really cool, and im going to do that for class every once in a while now..

then the board members called out randem techniques (by belt level, orange, purple, then blue...) then they had us do wepons techniques, knives, guns and clubs... i did awsome on all of them, didnt get stabbed or stuck at all (wouldnt have if it were a real knife, because as soon as the board sees you would have gotten stabbed or cut they stop the test and point out that you did so....lol.. i knocked the wind out of one of the people on a really really nice take down... when he hit the ground is when he lost his breath... it was a quick one..
i would have been able to do all the extentions but one of the ukies got scared and tensed up when you wound do the technique, so he didnt zig and zag to the ideal phase.. so i made him move and do what i wanted him to do
biggrin.gif
i got a lot of complements on my flow and "how supprisingly light in my feet that i was for my frame
rofl.gif

after the wepons portion the board finished off with the calling out randem green, 3rd,and 2nd brown ones... i was the only one to do cicrling the storm in our line, yeh for me...(one student got there own attacker because of knee and back problems)..

finally we did continous sparring, first one on one.. then two on one...i was sucking wind at the end like none other...

the board was amazed on the skillz that they had just witnessed... all of them said "this was the most entertaining test that we have sat on, hands down"..

im so happy... thanks for all the kind words guys and girls..

today was my first time in class with the new rank..:ultracool

shane

painstain

Green Belt
Reaction score
way to go! tell us more about your test. sparring? how exhausting, all the good details!

OP
gixxershane

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
painstain said:
way to go! tell us more about your test. sparring? how exhausting, all the good details!

check post #35.. if that isnt enough detail let me know and i will try to tell ya some more about it :)