How Many Black Belts Do you have that you wear?

TallAdam85

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ok Today I got a belt in for a customer and they used the wrong color for the names so there giving me a new belt and letting me keep the old one So It made me think how many of you black belts have more then 2 black belts that you wear not black belts in differnert arts just black belts that u wear during the week and stuff ?

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I would have two if I could only complete one break. sigh! We get a new belt with appropriate number of stripes each time we test. No, I have one and its getting frayed white on the edges. I can see how they eventually turn white or something in between. TW

BushidoUK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I have 2.
A plain ragged black one which i wore up to 2nd Dan. I also have one with the Kanji for Karate on it with 3 gold stripes which I now wear, especially when attending any seminars with the organisation I'm connected with (RyuKyu association of Karate and Gung Fu) as they prefer Black Belts to have Dan grades showing. Hopefully though, after this December Ill be able to Wear a new belt with 4 gold stripes on it, fingers and everything else crossed.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have two but only wear one the current 3rd Dan the other seats in a dresser drawer retired and waiting for the right moment!

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I wore my first black belt for 16 years. It fit well and was good and worn. When I went to Okinawa this summer and was promoted from ni dan to san dan I received a new black belt that I wear now. The other belt was then knotted and buried on a beach in Okinawa.

M

Mark Jorgensen

Until i got my "master" belt, I only ever had one, and wore the same belt for 16 years (it was pretty bad)...

I now have two...One embroidered belt I wear for association functions and special events, the other plain so that I can work out in it let it get beat up.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have 3.
One of which hangs on the wall from my first martial arts instructor and rarely comes down. It is embroidered with my name and style on the other side.
The second one I earned from my current instructor which I wear only every so often.
The third one was given and I wear almost constantly due to personal reasons of the individual who gave it to me and the belt.
:asian:

Why the rolling smiley on the header?

S

Shurikan

I have 5 black belts, but only wear 1, the others all hang on the wall.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A friend of mine has 2..Of those 1 is a real nice one with his name embrodered on it in gold, that is the one he wear when attending seminars..

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have two that I alternate. One is cotton and is the one I received when I got promoted. The other is of a nicer material silk/satin and I tend to wear that more at seminars, special events, etc. Both have red tips on them for Shodan.

:asian: :karate:

O

OC Kid

I have 2. One I wear most of the time is my orginal, Its about 20 years old or so..kind of tattered. I have another one I wear to special events kinda a "dress" belt for special occasions.

DoxN4cer

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have one. The same one that I was awarded in 1989 from my instructor. I don't wear it, as I don't wear a uniform anymore and I don't require my students to purchase uniforms either. The belt is tucked away with a number of sentimental items that my ex-wife didn't get her hands on.

Tim Kashino

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
DoxN4cer said:
I have one. The same one that I was awarded in 1989 from my instructor. I don't wear it, as I don't wear a uniform anymore and I don't require my students to purchase uniforms either. The belt is tucked away with a number of sentimental items that my ex-wife didn't get her hands on.

Tim Kashino

I also only have one.

I wear when uniforms are requested to be worn when I visit or in the club I teach out of.

I had no desire to get a new one with each new rank.

:asian:

Mark Lynn

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have three.

My original my karate instuctor gave me is solid black.

My 2nd belt was one that Hock gave me and the third I earned in Modern Arnis and I had to have a red stripe/piping (?) around it. I don't wear any of them unless it's a special ocasion. There are all in my training area in the garage.

Mark

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I tell you what, if i had that many black belts I would be all like.....hmm no belt for me. :whip: