Home training

Min

White Belt
Reaction score
Tournaments that show me that I am still not as good as I'd like to be, different youtube videos that I watch to motivate myself, the lead by example attitude I teach to my students when I tell them to train everyday. My friends that keep me in line, coming onto different martial art threads, my love of learning new weapons.

That is just me though :p. I am very passionate about my training and want to take both myself and my students to the highest level possible.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The everlasting persuit of perfection that is never ever going to be.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Keeping me safe when I'm working the streets..

dani416

White Belt
Reaction score
thiking of fighting, outlasting the opponent, burning off what i ate, UFC, gliding through the usual workouts at my gym, thinking about the ajuahn coming to me and feel i am in good condition.​

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Feels good to move around. I even dream about MA...hehehe.....hey, no pointing fingers, bet you dream about MA too.
icon10.gif

Sometimes just moving and practicing calms my mind. :asian:

I cannot imagine NOT doing MA.:erg:

It's possible I may be addicted to MA.:uhoh:

Cheers.

qi-tah

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Feels good to move around. I even dream about MA...hehehe.....hey, no pointing fingers, bet you dream about MA too.
icon10.gif

Yes, me too! And in my dreams i am crap, so that's motavation to train i guess.
icon11.gif
Before my last grading i can't tell you how many times i dreamed that i stuffed up and walked off the floor...

But generally i don't need motavation to get out and enjoy myself... training never fails makes me feel good.
icon7.gif
I see it as a sort of general maintainence for life, rather than just "something i have to practice for class".

agemechanic03

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Well I really don't have the abililty to train at home b/c i live in dorms and I have a roommate and have absolutely no room. I do however have an instructor that allows us to come to class every day M-F in which I attend every day. Sometimes I do go to the gym on weekends just for an hour or two just so I can perfect my forms and work on anything I need to. But like everyone else, the satisfaction of physically feeling good after the workout/ training.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What motivates you to practice/train at home?

I don't want to rely just on my dojo training to make my material good. Perfect practice makes perfect! :) Even if its only for 20min. its better than nothing IMHO.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Class is for learning new material and correcting old material. Outside of class is for the repetition and the bulk of the work to ingrain the material

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Like a lot of the posters above, I train at home because it feels good to put myself through physically demanding paces. I also hate feeling I'm not on top of a problem worth solving, and things like strength, balance and control of technique are problems of that kind, things that can be solved, but not easily, and not without a lot of effort. So if I haven't done around 40 minutes to an hour of practice at home on any given day, I feel like I've been slacking off.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I incorporate training in the things I do every day. Anytime I am moving, I am training. To me, something as simple as opening a door is training. In terms of our art, there would be one or more right ways (adhering to the proper body mechanics) and many wrong ways to open the door. I train to have proper taijutsu in all my movement. These things along with Sanshin I can do alone.

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I incorporate training in the things I do every day. Anytime I am moving, I am training. To me, something as simple as opening a door is training. In terms of our art, there would be one or more right ways (adhering to the proper body mechanics) and many wrong ways to open a door.

Good insight, and very nicely put, David!

TheOriginalName

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but i feel happier when\after i have trained.

Training is like a drug - i need to do it - it's not a "if i feel like it" - i need to train to get my next fix - then when i stop i feel happier - i feel like a better person

Latest Discussions