Home training

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So if I haven't done around 40 minutes to an hour of practice at home on any given day, I feel like I've been slacking off.

Me too. I feel like a fat slob when I don't train. Not that I am fat (I'm pretty trim, but there's always room for improvement), but I feel fat when I don't train. I don't want to have to ask my training partners "Does this gambeson make me look fat?". ;)

Best regards,

-Mark

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me too. I feel like a fat slob when I don't train. Not that I am fat (I'm pretty trim, but there's always room for improvement), but I feel fat when I don't train. I don't want to have to ask my training partners "Does this gambeson make me look fat?". ;)

Best regards,

-Mark

Greetings, Mark—nice to see your byline again! And yes, I feel the same way, though like you I've no reason objectively to feel like that. Maybe it's a matter of feeling not so much fat and slobbish as rusty, stale, like your limbs are atrophying and going to seed. And after a hard workout, conversely, I feel the way a much-loved motorcyle must feel after its owner takes it apart, lubricates and polishes every piece that needs it, and reassembles it into a tight sharp street rocket again...

Even half an hour or an hour a day of serious workout time is enough to get that feeling, I find. Cheap at the price, eh?

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What motivates you to practice/train at home?

Being Single I have weapons around. When I was married I still had weapons around, but there were other things I had to move out of the way first before I could train.

I also do privates out of my house. So this helps me.

When I feel blah I use to do forms and I would also just twirl a weapon or just think about techniques.

I have some books and videso that I can drop in from time to time.

In essence I just have it around so as to not make it hard to avoid.

Latest Discussions