Favorite fantasy MA style

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Bartitsu is fictional I know it is.

The folks who have been practicing Bartitsu since the late 19th Century will be shocked to hear this...

Bartitsu

Fortunately, facepalming a post that is actually correct just makes you look foolish. It won't actually trigger the apocalypse.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
The folks who have been practicing Bartitsu since the late 19th Century will be shocked to hear this...

Bartitsu
I was originally saying Baritsu which IS fictional. Looking back I see that you spelled it Bartitsu which was real but the art of Baritsu without the first t was fictional. That has already been discussed on this thread but at first I didn't notice that you spelled it with the first t.

Fortunately, facepalming a post that is actually correct just makes you look foolish. It won't actually trigger the apocalypse.

Neither will it trigger the apocalypse when any of my posts are facepalmed by The Three Stooges.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Actually, Bartitsu hasn't been practiced continuously since that time. It fell out of practice in the early 20th century and was revived based on Barton-Wright's manuals in the 21st century. Some of the modern British styles of jujutsu may be partially descended from Bartitsu, but there isn't an unbroken Bartitsu lineage.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Another fantasy martial arts style that I like is Teras Kasi. If anybody doesn't know what it is, try a google search.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tertragrammaton Gun Kata

gun-kata.jpg

90c415e866a69054432a1e15642d3fda.jpg

OP
LibbyW

LibbyW

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Tertragrammaton Gun Kata

gun-kata.jpg

90c415e866a69054432a1e15642d3fda.jpg

The Gun Kata was always a fave of mine. I like the idea that people will become so ingrained with gunplay that this sort of thing wouldn't be impossible.
Plus the sword combat in the film (though as always not completely correct) was at least different from the typical wushu style swordplay and did have good fundamentals.

I could imagine someone like Jerry Miculek one day turning round and saying; "Hey, I got so good I started doing Tajiquan while I was shooting" :)
L

OP
LibbyW

LibbyW

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just found this on ooo-tube.
It's weird because even though it's fantasy, it looks quite applicable, if there were lightsabers that is. Though I don't see why some of this wouldn't work with say...a Chinese long-sword.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just found this on ooo-tube.
It's weird because even though it's fantasy, it looks quite applicable, if there were lightsabers that is. Though I don't see why some of this wouldn't work with say...a Chinese long-sword.

Ah yes the first form. Allegedly this is first instructed at Youngling level on Coruscant, probably Dantooine as well!

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#### ##, that was brilliant. Are they a stunt team or something. The editing and CGI is just so good. Got to be pro's right?

They are professionals. I remember seeing this a few months ago, I think they won an award for it. From their YT description:

'Jedi Ninjas' a Team2X production. Produced by James Mark and Yung Lee (GakAttack). Directed by James Mark and Justin Lovell. Action Designed by and Featuring Team2x. Visual FX by Yung Lee (GakAttack)

Jedi Ninjas was developed as a passion project to recreate the current style of Star Wars action seen in video games into live action. This style often combines elements of Force powers with the use lightsaber combat. As there are no upcoming live action Star Wars movies to this date, this was a project to make many of the fans' dreams into a reality.

Team 2X is a professional martial arts performance consisting of members with experience in Hollywood films and television. With their unique talent in creating mind blowing fight sequences and GakAttack's passion for combining Visual FX with Martial Arts action. Jedi Ninjas became the result of this collaboration.

GakAttack's Channel: GakAttack - YouTube
Team2X's Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/2xtremeVi...

Special thanks to Lucas Arts for creating something so special in a galaxy far far away.

Thanks also goes to IGN for helping figure out what to name this vid and helping it get out there: IGN - YouTube

They really did a nice job of it :)

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a look, this is the one that won the award:

Latest Discussions