Dit Da Jow

whether it is sheer coincidence, placebo effect, real medical/chemical results....the pain is gone. that's what counts. until it is needed to be repeated by others. I am plesed for you. I have my procedure on the 11th of December. I hope to have the same result.
 
whether it is sheer coincidence, placebo effect, real medical/chemical results....the pain is gone. that's what counts. until it is needed to be repeated by others. I am plesed for you. I have my procedure on the 11th of December. I hope to have the same result.
Best of luck 🙏🏽
 
Welp, tiger balm works. I was getting pain in the distal insertions of my biceps, rubbed tiger balm on, sorted. Although there is a wierd cooling glow.
 
Sort of related to this is my experience today with Tiger Balm athttps://www.martialtalk.com/threads/tiger-balm-effectiveness.140572/

whether it is sheer coincidence, placebo effect, real medical/chemical results....the pain is gone.

Next is to see how long it works. Just my experience, may be worth what you paid for it.
 
whether it is sheer coincidence, placebo effect, real medical/chemical results....the pain is gone. that's what counts. until it is needed to be repeated by others. I am plesed for you. I have my procedure on the 11th of December. I hope to have the same result.
All the best.
 
My right shoulder has been bone on bone for about 3-years. Really hurts at times. I took an awkward fall off a short ladder last weekend and really tweaked it. Got a cortisone shot today and hoping it eases up.
I may have to give in and get it replaced soon.
 
My right shoulder has been bone on bone for about 3-years. Really hurts at times. I took an awkward fall off a short ladder last weekend and really tweaked it. Got a cortisone shot today and hoping it eases up.
I may have to give in and get it replaced soon.

Back when I was 78 I took an awkward fall off a short ladder. landed on my right shoulder. damaged my rotator cuff and detached the part of my bicep that works when you arm is above your chest from what ever it is attached to. Two different surgeons said I was to old to get it fixed. So now I look normal in appearance, but effectively only have half an arm. I can raise it above my chest but have no strength. can't lift or use a hammer, etc. Also, have trouble closing my right hand into a fist. I don't know if it is related or just getting old. "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my body."
 
My apologies to those of you who know and use official medical terms. I am not one of you. I am a lawyer not a medical doctor. Although, I do have a doctorate. Res ipsa loquitur. When my kids were little one of the them said "My daddy is a doctor, just not one who helps people!"

Out of the mouths of babes....
 
The thought is that substances like Tiger Balm, that cause minor local topical skin irritation, block pain via ‘the gate theory of pain’.

Child’s explanation…

Adult’s version…no not that type of ‘adult’ 🤨

(The gate theory of pain has long since been superseded but it’s a nice idea for muggles 😐)
 
Back when I was 78 I took an awkward fall off a short ladder. landed on my right shoulder. damaged my rotator cuff and detached the part of my bicep that works when you arm is above your chest from what ever it is attached to. Two different surgeons said I was to old to get it fixed. So now I look normal in appearance, but effectively only have half an arm. I can raise it above my chest but have no strength. can't lift or use a hammer, etc. Also, have trouble closing my right hand into a fist. I don't know if it is related or just getting old. "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of my body."
Sorry to hear that. Mine is not that bad yet. I can still lift over my head, but I pay for it if you know what I mean.
The body is weird. I have had a Lot of trauma and surgeries on my left side but arthritis has hammered the joints on the right side of my body.
I just finished PT from a minor right elbow surgery/repair and fell last Saturday exacerbating the shoulder.
The pain is worse when my arm is out, perpendicular to my body at pretty much any position. I got a steroid shot yesterday and it is helping.
I am 62 and still have a Lot going on so I will likely bite the bullet early next year.
 
"...A carefully and scientifically designed formula...."
From an insert accompanying Chinese herbal lotion.
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_image0.webp
    thumbnail_image0.webp
    132 KB · Views: 60
"...A carefully and scientifically designed formula...." emphasis added!
 
Just add the word ‘scientifically’ to give something credibility. Ironically, when their claims are truly empirically assessed and shown to be false, they protest and say things like “…it only works if you’re a believer…” 🙄
 
I found a student at the Dojo I attend who makes his own Dit Da Jow. He gave me a small bottle of it.


I found a receipt on line, here is a list of ingredients
  • 24g Ru Xiang ( Frankincense)
  • 24g Mo Yao ( Myrrh)
  • 24g Hong Hua (Safflower)
  • 18g Dang Gui Wei (Angelica Sinensis Tail)
  • 15g Zhi Shi (Immature Bitter Orange)
  • 15g Chuan Xiong (Szechuan Lovage Root)
  • 15g Tao Ren (Peach Kernel)
  • 12g Mu Xiang (Aucklandia Root)
  • 12g Chen Xiang (Aquilaria Wood)
  • 12g Jing Jie (Schizonepeta)
  • 12g Chi Shao (Red Peony Root)
  • 9g Jie Geng (Platycodon Root)
  • 9g Zhi Zi (Gardenia Fruit)
  • 9g Xue Jie (Dragon’s Blood Resin)
  • 1 gallon (approx 3.8 L) Vodka or Gin (at least 80 proof / 40% ABV)



What exactly is Dragon’s Blood Resin?
 
This from Wikipedia:
The 2020 Edition of the Chinese Pharmacopoeia lists one "Feng Liaoxing's Medicated Liquor for Arthritis and Dieda" (Chinese: 冯了性风湿跌打药酒; pinyin: Fénɡliǎoxìnɡ Fēnɡshī Diēdǎ Yàojiǔ). It is a baijiu extract of the following ingredients (amounts given for 10-kilogram batch of baijiu):<a href="Dit da jow - Wikipedia"><span>[</span>1<span>]</span></a>

In traditional Chinese medicine language, its functionality is described as the following by the Pharmacopoeia:<a href="Dit da jow - Wikipedia"><span>[</span>1<span>]</span></a>

祛风除湿,活血止痛。用于风寒湿痹,手足麻木,腰腿酸痛;跌扑损伤,瘀滞肿痛。
Dispel wind and eliminate dampness, activate blood and stop pain. Used for wind-cold-dampness impediment, numbness in hands and feet, soreness and pain in waist and legs; for fall and impact injuries, stasis, swelling and pain.

It seems like "moth caterpillar feces, 16.2 g" would be hard to gather??
 
It goes on to list more than 105 possible ingredients , of which i will only mention a couple.

 
For those of us in Western world.

Westernized recipe ingredients​

Some recipes instead use ingredients more readily available, such as:[<em><a href="Wikipedia:Citation needed - Wikipedia" title="Wikipedia:Citation needed"><span title="This claim needs references to reliable sources. (August 2019)">citation needed</span></a></em>]

 
My guess is that a jar of Dit Da Jow does not contain all 105 items in the list. So there must be considerable variations in Dit Da Dow made by different people. So different potions for different ailments?????

Quiz to determine which formula is for you: Quiz
 
I found a student at the Dojo I attend who makes his own Dit Da Jow. He gave me a small bottle of it.


I found a receipt on line, here is a list of ingredients
  • 24g Ru Xiang ( Frankincense)
  • 24g Mo Yao ( Myrrh)
  • 24g Hong Hua (Safflower)
  • 18g Dang Gui Wei (Angelica Sinensis Tail)
  • 15g Zhi Shi (Immature Bitter Orange)
  • 15g Chuan Xiong (Szechuan Lovage Root)
  • 15g Tao Ren (Peach Kernel)
  • 12g Mu Xiang (Aucklandia Root)
  • 12g Chen Xiang (Aquilaria Wood)
  • 12g Jing Jie (Schizonepeta)
  • 12g Chi Shao (Red Peony Root)
  • 9g Jie Geng (Platycodon Root)
  • 9g Zhi Zi (Gardenia Fruit)
  • 9g Xue Jie (Dragon’s Blood Resin)
  • 1 gallon (approx 3.8 L) Vodka or Gin (at least 80 proof / 40% ABV)



What exactly is Dragon’s Blood Resin?
It’s the hardened exudate scaped from the skin of an exercising (hot) Chinese dragon (four toed variety, rather than three toed, Dragonus Japonicus (vulgaris)).If harvesting oneself, great caution is advised.
 
Back
Top