Prince_Alarming62 5
Senior Master
I just did some yoga, had a long hot bath, put on clean pyjamas and tiger balmed my biceps and it feels soooo siooooo goooooood
Last edited:
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Interesting read. Iād heard of Dit Da Jow in martial arts circles, but I had no idea endurance athletes were using it too. The whole process of making it with the dried herbs is pretty fascinating.DDJ "Each of the DDJās Iāve recommended are available as dried herb packs in either half-gallon or full gallon sizes and are surprisingly inexpensive. All you need then is the cheapest 100 proof unflavored vodka (not gin, whiskey etcā just plain vodka because it is the purest form of alcohol and water). You want 100 proof vodka because itās 50% alcohol and 50% waterā both key solvents for the herbās magical properties. Of course, thatās a completely different use of alcohol from something like Cava, which is meant to be enjoyed as a drink rather than used for herbal extraction. " Did some one mention Clark Stanley's Snake Oil Liniment, Hamlin's Wizard Oil Company and Kickapoo Indian Medicine Company
A bunch of years ago, a new coach I was working with sustained a minor soft tissue issue (peroneal tendon, as I recall) and I offered him some dit da jow to help ease the pain and ease his recovery. Next thing you know, half of my team was being told to use the stuff. Itās fantastic, yet hardly anyone in the endurance sports community knows about it. Itās time to let the cat out the bag.
Dit da jow is a form of Chinese liniment commonly used in martial arts. Forget about what you know about liniment, balms, and embrocationā all of which smell like Ben-Gay and leave your body with an itchy-icy-hot feeling. Traditional dit da jows (DDJ) are nothing like that. First, very few if any have methyl salicyclate (oil of wintergreen) that gives western liniments their characteristic smell. Instead, they use traditional Chinese medicine principles and ingredients to open up pathways, balance energies, and restore Qi. All esoteric eastern medicine aside, they also work damn well to increase blood flow while reducing inflammation.
More than you wanted to know
![]()
Dit da Jow and Endurance Sports
A bunch of years ago, a new coach I was working with sustained a minor soft tissue issue (peroneal tendon, as I recall) and I offered him some dit da jow to help ease the pain and ease his recoveryā¦athletictimemachine.com