Dit Da Jow

I found this in a discription under Dit Da Jow:

"For external use only.
Disclaimer: This is a traditional herbal supplement. The above statements have not been verified by the FDA. None of the above is to be considered medical advice, claims or guarantees User assumes all risk. "
 
No, it does nothing beyond placebo, which can, of course, be a strong effect. When a substance claims such a wide range of benefits one has to activate ‘critical thinking mode’ and ask, ‘Really? What is the evidence?’ Mounjaro could be placed in that same category of a miracle substance, but there is a ton of evidence for those claims.

If Dit Ja Jow is very cheap, your formulation of choice doesn't have questionable or indeed dangerous ingredients then go ahead and try it.
 
No, it does nothing beyond placebo, which can, of course, be a strong effect.
When I have an issue, sore muscle or bruise, I am interested in getting it healed. I really don't care if it is medicine A, folk remedy B, or the body just healing itself. Whatever works.

So if a substance works, that is what is important. Exactly why/how it works is of little importance to me, while it might be of great concern to others (medical professionals or governmental regulators). So if the substance actually does nothing itself, but tricks the brain into thinking it is doing something which causes the brain to direct the body to heal itself (placebo) and the issue is fixed didn't the placebo cause the fix that would not have happened without it(not directly but as a side effect of being used)?

In the end the issue was resolved.
 
No, it does nothing beyond placebo, which can, of course, be a strong effect. When a substance claims such a wide range of benefits one has to activate ‘critical thinking mode’ and ask, ‘Really? What is the evidence?’ Mounjaro could be placed in that same category of a miracle substance, but there is a ton of evidence for those claims.

If Dit Ja Jow is very cheap, your formulation of choice doesn't have questionable or indeed dangerous ingredients then go ahead and try it.
Hey Gyakuto! Welcome back buddy!
 
The only ingredients I recognize are alcohol/distilled water and Frankincense. Actually, all I know about frankincense is it was a gift at the first Christmas.
When ingested, Frankinsense (Boswellia serrata) is an anti inflammatory. Makes your breath smell nice too 😉
 
I found this in a discription under Dit Da Jow:

"For external use only.
Disclaimer: This is a traditional herbal supplement. The above statements have not been verified by the FDA. None of the above is to be considered medical advice, claims or guarantees User assumes all risk. "
You should be seeing a similar notice anywhere it's being sold. The fda pretty much doesn't regulate herbal remedies, so most have to add a sentence stating it's not medicine, or only meant to be a supplement, or similar.
 
You should be seeing a similar notice anywhere it's being sold. The fda pretty much doesn't regulate herbal remedies, so most have to add a sentence stating it's not medicine, or only meant to be a supplement, or similar.
Of course this would be true of any jow being sold commercially.

What you find in an old-school Chinese martial arts school in the basement of a shop in a bigger city Chinatown might be kept in an unmarked mason jar, as it is brewed periodically by the Sifu. This stuff is typically not for sale and is meant for use by the members of the school and nobody else.

If a jow recipe has genuine medicinal properties, it is, in my opinion, not likely to be the stuff commercially available. Once you start selling commercially, there are all kinds of restrictions and liabilities on the product. So the recipe gets watered down quite a bit. A quality jow with medicinal properties is more likely to be found in the old-school basement kwoon. It isn’t being sold; it’s distribution is very limited, being only members of the school; and instruction in the use of the jow and under what conditions it is meant to be used, comes with it. It isn’t being sold broadly as a quasi-medicine.

I think that is the misunderstanding here. Jow has specific uses and isn’t just “medicine”.
 
I once went into a Chinese Medicine shop, the sort with jars of ‘stuff’ on wall shelves and counter, paper to wrap up their dry mixtures, brass scales and little scoops. After recovering from the shock of not spontaneously combusting (as a skeptical sort), asked them if they could make me their variety of Dit Da Jow. “Make you some what?” they said. I repeated it and they were completely puzzled by my request. I thought it must be my pronunciation so I wrote it down for them and they still had no idea what it was. I thanked them and left.
 
On a couple of occasions I bought commercially available jow from a couple of shops in San Francisco’s Chinatown. They certainly knew what it was. I did not consider to ask them to make for me a batch of their own recipe. My understanding is that the mixture brews over a period of weeks or months before it is ready, and may have several steps along the way. Not something that can be simply mixed up on the spot for someone who walks in off the street.
 
I have noticed on some listings in the description it mentions that it has been aged some, one said 3 years, another said 40 years!

Pretty hard to make it on the spot for someone. Like wine I guess.
 
I have noticed on some listings in the description it mentions that it has been aged some, one said 3 years, another said 40 years!
I would think a 40 year-old jow would cost similar to a 40 year-old scotch. And would probably have diminishing returns on the investment.
 
For $20.00 bucks I think I will take a chance. Might work for me, even if only the power of suggestion. If not, not out much, unless I turn out to be allergic to it.
 
For $20.00 bucks I think I will take a chance. Might work for me, even if only the power of suggestion. If not, not out much, unless I turn out to be allergic to it.
I did try a jow that I was allergic to. It raised a rash on my arms where I applied it. If that happens, stop using it.

What kind of injury/issue are you intending to use it for?
 
I have noticed on some listings in the description it mentions that it has been aged some, one said 3 years, another said 40 years!

Pretty hard to make it on the spot for someone. Like wine I guess.
I can make wine on the spot; get some nice grape juice and urinate in it…there you go…wine!😉
 
I did try a jow that I was allergic to. It raised a rash on my arms where I applied it. If that happens, stop using it.
That’ll be the powdered plutonium 😑 I was in a Thai shop looking through their wares. I noticed a eyeliner preparation that contained antimony, a toxic heavy metal! 😳
What kind of injury/issue are you intending to use it for?
In desperation, I’m it on my left pulled brachioradialis muscle, my right medial epicondylitis and my strained medial collateral ligament. I smell like (vegan) duck with hoisin sauce!
 
google says for normal people forearm and knee?
If I used the words ‘forearm’ and ‘knee’, you’d realise I’m a muggle!

Next time you’re chatting about an inner knee pain to someone, slip in ‘medial collateral ligament’ and jaws will drop and people will admire you!
 
Back
Top