Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a mistress.......:lfao:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been known to do that lol, as well as block with my face!

I got so good at blocking with my face that I tried to convince my teacher that I was really attacking the fist with my chin...

OP
rambo balboa

rambo balboa

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
thanx all of you dear fighters to responde my thread
but hahahahaha i thin i better change the name this thread into (chats with members) ^_^"

mamama

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
while reading the replies, in my mind: "Ouch ouch & ouuuuccccchhhhh!!!" :anic::anic::anic::anic:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
while reading the replies, in my mind: "Ouch ouch & ouuuuccccchhhhh!!!" :anic::anic::anic::anic:

LOL it is a bit ouch I must admit but the upside is that you get used to it! That doesn't sound much like an upside but most people if being punched for the first time as in being assaulted or attacked outside martial arts will freeze in shock, however if you are used to it you will carry on and defend yourself. It's best not to get hit of course and to learn to spar/fight properly but you will still get a strike or too coming through especially if you spar with instructors and higher grades ( soemthing you should always try to do if you can). What happens then is you lose the fear of being hit, you know you can 'take it' and you know you can get past it and fight back.
if you are hit on the nose, no matter how much you are 'used to it' (though the idea of training your nose to take punches and strengthen it is silly as it won't happen) you eyes will still water so you can get used to working through that. I always find it more irritating than actually sore, it's sort of an 'embarrassing' hit to me, I always get annoyed with myself for letting it through. Still rather tha nose than the tooth again and yes I was wearing a gum shield. Still I love superglue for teeth lol.

Latest Discussions