Can you learn spinning aerial kicks in your 30s?

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I can do the mechanics of some of the techniques but I can't stay off the ground, so it becomes only a step-in, not an actual lift-off.

Are there any strengthening exercises that makes you leap and kick in the air without being pulled by gravity down to the floor instantly?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can do the mechanics of some of the techniques but I can't stay off the ground, so it becomes only a step-in, not an actual lift-off.

Are there any strengthening exercises that makes you leap and kick in the air without being pulled by gravity down to the floor instantly?
jumping exercises, !

jumping in general is power exercise, its largly concerned with, usibg you upper body y to gain addition lift, rather than being only legs strengh, but for both it has more to do with acceleration

clearly weight plays a part, but you dont look over weight, so your under powdered

its not something you can learn in slow motion, as eithed thextine in the air will be insufficient,for the kick, ir the kick will take longer than the time airborne, or most likely both
id start by teaching myself to jump, then jump with spin, then add the kick on to it

Last edited:
OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
jumping exercises, !

jumping in general is power exercise, its largly concerned with, usibg you upper body y to gain addition lift, rather than being only legs strengh, but for both it has more to do with acceleration

clearly weight plays a part, but you dont look over weight, so your under powdered

its not something you can learn in slow motion, as eithed thextine in the air will be insufficient,for the kick, ir the kick will take longer than the time airborne, or most likely both
id start by teaching myself to jump, then jump with spin, then add the kick on to it

I know how to jump

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know how to jump
obviously not, or every one knows how to jump, but not very well, generalky. its a very complex movement

get some you tube vid of free running or people jumping on to 5 foot boxes or just basket ball, they can jump, if you cant do that, you cant really

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There's a difference between jumping and jumping and spinning and kicking in one sequence.
yes, there is, they are sequencial eliments, adding more complexity at each stage, but it remains true that if your initial movement, the jump, is inadequate, the rest increase pyrimidacaly in difficulty, till they become impossible, which from your description seem to be where you find yourself

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Even if I do this for 6 months and improve ny. technique, it probably won't help the coordination of jump+ spin+kick right? ..

I can do a jump spin easily but I can't find the window of opportunity to get the leg out.

The reason I get the leg out here is because I don't jump.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Even if I do this for 6 months and improve ny. technique, it probably won't help the coordination of jump+ spin+kick right? ..

I can do a jump spin easily but I can't find the window of opportunity to get the leg out.

The reason I get the leg out here is because I don't jump.

jump higher, that will give you more time in the air to to get you kick out.

as it is that is over complex advice, as you not jumping at all, , so to learn a jump spin kick, first you need to jump, any height would be a start

forget the kick, for now, jump, then jump spin

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
jump higher, that will give you more time in the air to to get you kick out.

as it is that is over complex advice, as you not jumping at all, , so to learn a jump spin kick, first you need to jump, any height would be a start

I can't get the body to do that and kick at the same fine. I can only do one or the other.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can't get the body to do that and kick at the same fine. I can only do one or the other.
your not supposed to be doing them at the same time, your supposed to do them sequentially ,

jump on to a two foot wall, then jump onto a two foot wall whilst spinning. when you have that movement automated
then you have a base to add a kick to

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
jump on to a two foot wall, then jump onto a two foot wall whilst spinning. when you have that movement automated
then you have a base to add a kick to

I just told you that I can jump and spin. It's the kicking thing that I can't do after the jump

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just told you that I can jump and spin. It's the kicking thing that I can't do after the jump

ok anylise of failure modes
one, your not jumping high enough, learn to jump

second, your not spinning fast enough, learn to jump high and spin

three , you cant co ordordinate three movements in quick succesion

learn to do this by building the movements up in the sucession you require.
one,,, jump
two spin
three kick

all of those are covered by the exercise sugestion i gave

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
three , you cant co ordordinate three movements in quick succesion

learn to do this by building the movements up in the sucession you require.
one,,, jump
two spin
three kick

all of those are covered by the exercise sugestion i gave

You didn't provide anything of substance besides telling me to work on my jumps even though the jump is not the problem, it’s the coordination that is.

If I do it in parts, I'm avoiding doing precisely the thing I can't do. I'm looking into if there is some other cognitive task that can help fascilliate the coordination.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You didn't provide anything of substance besides telling me to work on my jumps even though the jump is not the problem, it’s the coordination that is.

If I do it in parts, I'm avoiding doing precisely the thing I can't do. I'm looking into if there is some other cognitive task that can help fascilliate the coordination.
what you cant do, is three simple movements in sequance, at least partly because you cant do all three of those movement very well in isolation, the net effect of tryibg to co ordinate three bad movements is the result in your video

can you effect posertive change working on them in reverse sequence, possibly, but that seems by far the least logical and time efficient way of doing it

learning to run, would normal require you to master, standing, then walking, before addibg the final element, im not aware of any incedences where this has been achieved out of sequence. my sister tried this as a toddler, she would balance her self, using an object, then try to run to the next object, this aways fail miserably,

im not sure what your after, you pist multiple vids of yoyr manifest issue , ask for advice and then argue. if you were correct in your trainibg assumptions you wouldnt be asking,

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
what you cant do, is three simple movements in sequance, at least partly because you cant do all three of those movement very well in isolation, the net effect of tryibg to co ordinate three bad movements is the result in your video

can you effect posertive change working on them in reverse sequence, possibly, but that seems by far the least logical and time efficient way of doing it

learning to run, would normal require you to master, standing, then walking, before addibg the final element, im not aware of any incedences where this has been achieved out of sequence. my sister tried this as a toddler, she would balance her self, using an object, then try to run to the next object, this aways fail miserably,

im not sure what your after, you pist multiple vids of yoyr manifest issue , ask for advice and then argue. if you were correct in your trainibg assumptions you wouldnt be asking,

I had enough of you. Welcome to ignore

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Can you turn left?

Yes I can do everything but kick. The thing with me is that regardless of improved flexibility, my hamstrings remain stiff. This restriction might be sending signals to my brain to abort aerial kicking mission.

It's hard to be flexible grounded and even harder off the floor.

But It's just a theory of mine

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes I can do everything but kick. The thing with me is that regardless of improved flexibility, my hamstrings remain stiff. This restriction might be sending signals to my brain to abort aerial kicking mission.

It's hard to be flexible grounded and even harder off the floor.

But It's just a theory of mine

You will be trying to kick in some sort of gumby way that is tearing your body apart. A lot of these kicks are more to do with hitting the jump right.

Go on youtube find the kick you want and work through the tutorial.

Latest Discussions