Black Belt for sale

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Try check out Wal-mart first....there Black belts might be cheaper?

and comes with holes in them......that's what I saw...Aloha

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not knowing a whole lot about Kenpo, I don't know if Mr. Berry is famous. If I had a chance to buy Mr. (Ed) Parker's belt, I think it would be neat to have as souvenir-type thing. I have a friend who collects Red Wing hockey memorabilia and he's got things worn/used by Steve Yzerman/Gordie Howe/Terry Sawchuck, etc. (these are hockey legends for those who don't follow hockey).

As far as buying it to wear or to say "hey, I'm an 8th dan!"...resoundingly no! Integrity is not for sale.

Miles

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpobldr said:
I found on EBAY an 8th degree black belt for sale. Not a home course but just the belt belonging to someone named Berry that I don't know.

I dont know how to attach a link for it but it is item #7202068216. I found it under a search for Parker Kenpo.

So I thought that I would ask if you would ever sell yours or someone elses black belt or not. I persoally could not.
I was taught never to let my belt touch the floor. Unless I'm wearing it.
:)

I can't imagine taking someone elses belt and laying it on the floor to sell it as some type of heirloom/souvenir.

And he does say that you can get a new one from the IKCA for $90.00

I'm not sure if they are trying to save some economically challenged 8th degree some money or sell this as a souvenir.

But since he does offer his videos for sale, it is nice to see that he thinks the material is so good that if you use it to get to 8th Degree Black Belt that part of the value of buying his videos is that you can some day sell your belt on the internet at a signficant discount.
:rolleyes:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Miles said:
Not knowing a whole lot about Kenpo, I don't know if Mr. Berry is famous. If I had a chance to buy Mr. (Ed) Parker's belt, I think it would be neat to have as souvenir-type thing. I have a friend who collects Red Wing hockey memorabilia and he's got things worn/used by Steve Yzerman/Gordie Howe/Terry Sawchuck, etc. (these are hockey legends for those who don't follow hockey).

As far as buying it to wear or to say "hey, I'm an 8th dan!"...resoundingly no! Integrity is not for sale.

Miles

He is not famous He's not even a senior or a first generation

Latest Discussions