Black Belt for sale

Kenpobldr

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I found on EBAY an 8th degree black belt for sale. Not a home course but just the belt belonging to someone named Berry that I don't know.

I dont know how to attach a link for it but it is item #7202068216. I found it under a search for Parker Kenpo.

So I thought that I would ask if you would ever sell yours or someone elses black belt or not. I persoally could not.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If it's the same guy that sells all of the DVD's & VHS's it appears as though he will sell anything. :rolleyes:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't imagine selling someone else's black belt nor anyone mine. I can only imagine that someone thinks it's valuable to someone else and needs/wants the money.

Goodness.

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
I couldn't ever sell mine and can't think or any reason why I would sell someone elses...

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Kenpobldr said:
I found on EBAY an 8th degree black belt for sale. Not a home course but just the belt belonging to someone named Berry that I don't know.

I dont know how to attach a link for it but it is item #7202068216. I found it under a search for Parker Kenpo.

So I thought that I would ask if you would ever sell yours or someone elses black belt or not. I persoally could not.

I'm wearing my 10th degree black belt right now!

splazzatch

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I do not think I could ever give up any belt that I have earned.

However, if I had not trained my butt off and put thousands of hours of training involving blood, sweat and tears into it then it wouldn't matter much...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I look at it this way...

I'm a whore, and if it gets the kind of money an XBOX 360 gets... let someone buy it. 'Sides, Better the phoney pay 1g for it than 10 bucks from AWMA...

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
I look at it this way...

I'm a whore, and if it gets the kind of money an XBOX 360 gets... let someone buy it. 'Sides, Better the phoney pay 1g for it than 10 bucks from AWMA...

Whore.

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why buy from eBay, when you can get certified by Radford William Davis, aka 'Ashida Kim?'

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Flying Crane said:
I can't imagine who would want to buy the thing.
Well, I would. It would be like Jackie Chan's "The Tuxedo". I'd just put 'er on and, whala, I'd be an 8th degree black belt. woooaaaa...

:ninja:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Grenadier said:
Why buy from eBay, when you can get certified by Radford William Davis, aka 'Ashida Kim?'

Why go though him when you can have your friend sign it for free.
Terry

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've known of situations when a person is no longer interested in certain activities and will sell the gear/stuff associated with that activity. In other situations, I've known widows/widowers who sell the things belonging to deceased spouses.

Now with this particular belt, I have no idea of the reason why Mr. Berry no longer has or wants his belt. The only information given from that ebay list is that Mr. Berry only wore it once. There is a story with this, but it looks like no one is going to be able to find out that story any time soon. Has anyone ever asked the seller, ekkskenpoman, about it?

- Ceicei

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've heard of the belts of very senior martial artists being given as gifts after their deaths, or even sliced up and divided among students. But these were really, really famous people.

Phoenix44

Master of Arts
Reaction score
An 8th degree black belt? Are you sure it doesn't come wrapped around the hot guy who earned it?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its amazing what some people will do for a few $$. Whats worse, is that someone will actually buy this and run around claiming that they're actually an 8th. Everyone looks for a shortcut, nobody wants to put in the blood, sweat and tears into actually busting their tail on the mat.

Mike

AdrenalineJunky

Black Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
I've heard of the belts of very senior martial artists being given as gifts after their deaths, or even sliced up and divided among students. But these were really, really famous people.

And probably really famous students, too.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did you see the wood framed Dan certificate complete with belt???

Latest Discussions