Banned words for 2007

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The following words out of a teenager/preteen mouth:

"Oh My God!"

"Whatever"

of course these all have to be followed by an exasperated sigh and usually are followed by, or in conjunction with rolling eyes and slumping of shoulders.

Funny how they also happen after being told to do a chore around the house. :)
Are you sure it's the teen or preteen saying those things and acting that way about chores and not you Lisa?

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
The following words out of a teenager/preteen mouth:

"Oh My God!"

"Whatever"

of course these all have to be followed by an exasperated sigh and usually are followed by, or in conjunction with rolling eyes and slumping of shoulders.

Funny how they also happen after being told to do a chore around the house. :)

In other words, you just want them to shut up. Since you just took most of the teenager vocabulary away from them. ;)

For me it would be:

"I'm getting my <verb> on."
"I loves me some _____."
And I agree with the ban on i-anything.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
"Talk to the hand!". Do they still say that? or am I dating myself? LOL

That's my reaction to them! :D

Are you sure it's the teen or preteen saying those things and acting that way about chores and not you Lisa?

:p

In other words, you just want them to shut up. Since you just took most of the teenager vocabulary away from them. ;)

I wish, sometimes, I really do! :D

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I kind of wish wazzzzzuppp would make a come-back. But any abbreviation or unnecessary acronym sort of bugs me. But I am guilty of the BRBs myself (they save time when you really do have to be right back).

LOL

Needs to be stopped.
icon13.gif

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*whew*

Let me heave a collective sigh of relief for all of my fellow Bostonians.

"Pissah" and "Wicked Pissah" did NOT make the list.
rock.gif

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*whew*

Let me heave a collective sigh of relief for all of my fellow Bostonians.

"Pissah" and "Wicked Pissah" did NOT make the list.
rock.gif

OK, I'll bite—what do those mean, Carol? (Probably something totally unpredictable, I'd bet, but... ?)

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How many negations for "antidisirregardlessly"...does it come out positive? Or just leave one feeling positively negative about the whole thang? (then).

That reminds me of when I worked at a Ma & Pa grocery store as a stocker. One of the cashier's asked me to take the baklava out of the freezer to unthaw. I asked her what she wanted done with the baklava, for me to take it out of the freezer, or to have it unthaw?

She basically told me to stop being a smart *** and take the damn thing out of the freezer.

I guess she really wanted me to disunthaw the baklava. ;)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK, I'll bite—what do those mean, Carol? (Probably something totally unpredictable, I'd bet, but... ?)

• pissa (1) - cool, good: "You hit the Lottery? That's pissa man."; less commonly it can be used instead of pissed to mean drunk: "I had ten beers last night. I was wicked pissa!"
  • pissa! (2) - used as an exclamation when something goes wrong: "Oh pissa!", he shouted as his car keys fell down the storm drain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_slang

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
  • pissa (1) - cool, good: "You hit the Lottery? That's pissa man."; less commonly it can be used instead of pissed to mean drunk: "I had ten beers last night. I was wicked pissa!"
  • pissa! (2) - used as an exclamation when something goes wrong: "Oh pissa!", he shouted as his car keys fell down the storm drain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_slang

I get the connections with `pisse(ed)' (that would be the second sense of (1) and also (2)). But the first sense of (1) seems a bit of a stretch—and I gather that that's the main sense, in Boston-slang American English! :wink1: I really, really wonder how it come to be.... it almost has the feel of UK slang.

Anyway, thanks very much for the explanation, Carol! :)

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That gives the phrase "talk to the hand" a whole different meaning. ;)

He has women to the left and the the right.

Hand that is. ;)

I would Ban:

War

Police Action

Conflict

I do not remember saying that

Why did you do that? (* What your boss or other groups say after you state you had followed the requirements as written. *)

Everyone knew about that. (* When you obvisouly did not know about it, as well as a lot of other people *)

More Later

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
He has women to the left and the the right.

Hand that is. ;)

Hot! You could have a 3 way with Pamala Handerson and Rosie Palms who won Miss Michigan! (for those of you not from Michigan and don't get it, hold up your hand... it is shaped like Michigan).

Unless the left hand goes through a change, and is now Jimmy Handrix.

Then, that would be just weird... :uhohh:

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey... I got one!

We should ban altered celebrity names for hands! (No more Jimmy Handrix for you!!) :D

Just Miss Upper Peninsula for those on the left.

I agree with the banning of Celeb names used out of context or to represent and act or event.

Latest Discussions