Bad habits

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
KingofSpades said:
I have only done point sparring, never olympic, so can someone tell me the difference.

Welcome to MT King!

Olympic sparring is continuous, full-contact sparring in which points are scored for kicks to the head and body. Punches to the body can score though not frequently.

Miles

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lmao actually, my hands are always down and loose, sometimes i close my rear hand up in a fist and hold it there, tho i especially like the ol fake routine, i've used it in tournaments, where you wave your hand at them then kick, dont laugh it actually works. But like i said i always fight with my hands down, but i have alot of speed, so i hardly ever even block a kick, slide out of it. In defensive situations, i use the same method, hands down, i've often thought of it as a bad habbit also, donno i've been succesful with it my self.

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
only time i punch is to distract my opponent, their hands are up and ready top block a punch, then i nail them in the head with a kick, i use alot of fake's/distraction when fighting.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Laborn said:
lmao actually, my hands are always down and loose, sometimes i close my rear hand up in a fist and hold it there, tho i especially like the ol fake routine, i've used it in tournaments, where you wave your hand at them then kick, dont laugh it actually works. But like i said i always fight with my hands down, but i have alot of speed, so i hardly ever even block a kick, slide out of it. In defensive situations, i use the same method, hands down, i've often thought of it as a bad habbit also, donno i've been succesful with it my self.
Hey LaBorn, that sounds a lot like my approach in sparring. I do tend to drop one hand and use the fakes in order to set up an offensive move/moves when I'm scrapping in sparring class, and in the tourneys I've been in. Quick and loose, then attack is my approach. Been fortunate too, cuz I haven't taken too many shots to the noggin'... :daf:

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sweet cali, my main thing in fighting is..making my opponent change the way he fights. Always checking him, speeding up their fighting, making them make mistakes. Ill laugh and when in close say *you cant kick any harder then that* to put some fear in my opponents, im a mind game fighter really, i can beat anyone if i can change the way they fight, everyone has a fighting way, if i can get you to change your way, i got you, tho the more experienced fighters are alot more difficult lol.

Laborn

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Once in a tournament lol, i slapped my hogo, and yelled out "comon hit me" i said it twice, then when he came to hit me he was too distracted on then hitting me, so i nailed him in the head with a hook kick, i won the fight from tko, i almost got disqaulified tho for talking to my opponent, as i said i love mind games and fakes in fighting. make THEM mistake.

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Laborn said:
Once in a tournament lol, i slapped my hogo, and yelled out "comon hit me" i said it twice, then when he came to hit me he was too distracted on then hitting me, so i nailed him in the head with a hook kick, i won the fight from tko, i almost got disqaulified tho for talking to my opponent, as i said i love mind games and fakes in fighting. make THEM mistake.

You are a fiesty one young Skywalker... :jedi1: