Agendas, Kenpo Associations, & Grandmasters

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by lonekimono
the only thing i could say is WOW, i don't know what you did before 1984 ? but let me say it like this.
Doug i had this problem a long time ago and when i told Mr Parker about it he said to me " George some people have a cup and they want to fill it up with water but it has a whole in the bottom,but they are to closed mined to know to put there thumb in the whole " it took me a long time to know what that meant?
you know if what i said on martial talk is "overkill" than i will take my leave and bow out and let the YOU my kenpo brother have the floor,because i'm to old for this as you say mud.
yours in kenpo:asian:

Lonekimono,

I confess I don't know what this means and I was not sure what your original post meant. But I did Kenpo in 1984 and even though we had pictures of Mr. Parker and even though Mr. Parker taught my teacher's teacher, and even though we didn't wear Mr. Parker's patch... we were studying Mr. Parker's Kenpo. And when I asked whey we didn't wear his patch... no one replied very directly to me and some of the teachers of my classes said "I think he only teaches private lessons at his house" which I knew to be in "California."

I don't know if I want to say that you did "overkill." I will try to go back and read your posts again. I also don't think you were slinging any mud. Just that you were pointing out that you didn't want to "hear it" anymore. I don't mean to be disrespectful. Apparently Billy thinks I "caught his drift" pretty well. I'll go back and see if I can figure out what you were saying.

I like to see what everyone has to say and I hope they feel free to say it. Even if they say they don't like it. If you felt I was too hard on you, or disrespectful, then I apologize because all I meant was that you seemed to have missed the point of Billy's post.
:asian:

L

lonekimono

I don;t know whats going on here? but the only thing i did was replay to the post, doug it's ok i'm just like all the other people in here,a grain of sand on the beach,
but i wiil say i don't know what Mr Bill meant about a 10th brown?
i think the post should be TO WEAR THE CREST OR NOT TO WEAR THE CREST. as far as Mr Parker teaching at his home? or whatever
does it matter NOW? look at it doug you do kenpo,i do kenpo and everyone in here does kenpo( i hope).
if you really want to know all about what Mr Parker did while he was with us? you could ask KENPOJOE or better yet call ED JR.
doug like i said before i think there is to much going into this,put the power to better use because 100 years from now who is going care? like the GRASSROOT'S sang back in the 60's
LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY.
with much respect
yours in kenpo
:asian: :asian:
if you look at the sun make sure it's not there,because you might not look again

OP
Michael Billings

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mr. Elmer,
Oss Sir:

I am not sure the 100-year perspective is the one to take necessarily. You are correct in that nobody will care about the specifics, but it is what we do today that shapes our children's tomorrow.

The other point I have, is that even if nobody cares in the future, I do care NOW. This is the Kenpo World I have to live, train, and teach in. Albeit my world, the intent of the thread was not to besmirch, ridicule, or sling any mud. Yes, I knew some of this would happen, and perhaps I would be the target. That is ok so long as there is a positive outcome, or if even a few students or teachers take a deep breath and say "OK, the politics basically stink", or they choose to pursue the high ground by actively helping resolve and mold a Kenpo Society that is less fragmented, hmm.... wrong word here, "fragmented" may be ok, but less adversarial and contentious than the one we have to live in now. Even if only one or two instructors "get", that talking behind peoples backs, inferring or actually stating the negatives, leads to more of the same behavior, not incrementally, but exponentially, then this thread is worth it to me.

Overall, you are right! It don't matter a hill of beans, but if each of us is a bean, it can matter ... we can make it matter.

I will make sure and pass your regards on to "The Professor" my next conversation. Sorry I forgot to mention that I did read and planned on doing it first opportunity.

Respect to All,
-Michael

R

RCastillo

The "Real Enemy" is the idiot / animal in the street, not each other!

Can't stress it enough.............:asian:

Thank You.

L

lonekimono

ok you are right about the 100 year thing (lol) you know the bad thing about this is i'm on the east cost,it's time like this that i wish i can meet you guys and then we could get that kenpo camp together ( in a perfect world) but i do understand what you mean
oh mike watch out for how many beans you eat,i'm in New Jersey and the wind blows this way (lol)

yours in kenpo
keep the flag HIGH,only the flag,not the person

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don;t know whets going on here?
but i will say i don't know what Mr. Bill meant about a 10th brown?

George, George, come on calm down :) .......lol after all this IS a public forum (where people can chat about many topics.....LOL) now don't come in and condemn these young guys for talking about Kenpo soup to nuts......... lol...... we have a variety of topics here.... (some I like some I don't) so if you come across one that is "not to your liking.... well hey chill .... have a glass of milk with me and an Oreo. We can watch and be entertained.:rofl:
But don't get upset. This is just the modern "venting" tool. lol

If you really want to know all about what Mr. Parker did while he was with us? you could ask KENPOJOE

Wait a minute..... Who died and left "Kenpo:eek:Joe" the Ed Parker spokesperson? grumble....... grumble.... :confused:

Doug, like i said before I think there is to much going into this,put the power to better use because 100 years from now who is going care? LET'S LIVE FOR TODAY. with much respect
yours in kenpo :asian

You are right ......no one will care 100 years from now.... but at least we can forge and keep alive much "positive material" that is also posted here. (Yin and Yang George.....LOL) got to take the good with the bad sometimes...

ps we gotta get you a spell checker :rofl: or slower fingers.... :D

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I wanted to say somewhere that I still have not deciphered lonekimono's posts, but I think Mr. C. may have a handle on what got lonekimono's attention.

But more importantly, I want to coing a new phrase that struck me earlier.

I'm just a weed in the Kenpo jungle!

Maybe the first 10th Brown Weed, but still just a weed.
:rofl:

I love that phrase, so it is mine. Copyright 2003, C. Douglas Hall.
:soapbox:

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7
George, George, come on calm down :) .......lol after all this IS a public forum (where people can chat about many topics.....LOL) now don't come in and condemn these young guys for talking about Kenpo soup to nuts......... lol...... we have a variety of topics here.... (some I like some I don't) so if you come across one that is "not to your liking.... well hey chill .... have a glass of milk with me and an Oreo. We can watch and be entertained.:rofl:
But don't get upset. This is just the modern "venting" tool. lol

Wait a minute..... Who died and left "Kenpo:eek:Joe" the Ed Parker spokesperson? grumble....... grumble.... :confused:

You are right ......no one will care 100 years from now.... but at least we can forge and keep alive much "positive material" that is also posted here. (Yin and Yang George.....LOL) got to take the good with the bad sometimes...

ps we gotta get you a spell checker :rofl: or slower fingers.... :D

Dear Dennis,
First things first! how come you've never offered me a glass of milk and an oreo? I like milk and cookies and oreos are one of my favs! Are you predjudiced against me because you know that I like oreos too? ROFLMAO!!!
Second of all, The only person who died was Mr. Parker more than 12 years ago and he certainly didn't make me the Parker spokesman! I'm just a guy who trained in the system and got to meet Mr. Parker on several occasions and was fortunate enough to be able to ask him questions on several occasions over the years. I followed him around like a groupie to amost all his seminars over the last 7 years of his life. I was going to purchase the first "Ed Parker Karate Studio" franchises in new England in 1985, but due to my backers "backing out", that did not occur. I also was a "pain in the ...." because I would "haunt" mr parker about the smallest detail of how HE Himself did certain things and got some "insight" out of it! Then, I would cross reference it with his written materials to confirm the fact and see where he first mentioned it in print. Dennis, you no like me no more??? :waah:
Dennis is just miffed because someone asked me AND Dennis a question on the same line in Kenpo "Q&A" (major sacrilige in kenpo forums]
I know george personally and I was just at his home this week after attending and teaching at the WCAF Kenpo camp and i am the "Technical Advisor" for the American Chinese Kenpo Karate System [ACKKS] so, that's why i got mentioned by him.
Please take George's posts as a good spirited joke and laugh at all the "Kenpolitics" (TM) that go on in the art!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
LOL, no no no....... hee hee:rofl:

Just giving 'Ole Georgie a hard time... that's all

:::sniffling::: ok, just checking!
:D
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by KENPOJOE
"Kenpolitics" (TM) that go on in the art!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

You didn't really trademark this term did you? :confused:

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Lear
You didn't really trademark this term did you? :confused:
Hi Billy!
Just messing with you!
But, I DID create and coin that term!!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

KENPOLITICS: WHEN YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAVE TO ARGUE ABOUT NOTHING IN PARTICULAR! :rofl:

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by KENPOJOE
Hi Billy!
Just messing with you!
But, I DID create and coin that term!!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

KENPOLITICS: WHEN YOU ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HAVE TO ARGUE ABOUT NOTHING IN PARTICULAR! :rofl:

No problem brudda...

R

Rob_Broad

I thought that first 10th degree brown belt was going to me. I have been putting my pennies aside all week. Does that mean doug got to wear the pink speedo too?

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rob_Broad
I thought that first 10th degree brown belt was going to me. I have been putting my pennies aside all week. Does that mean doug got to wear the pink speedo too?

You know, the 10th Brown thing is pretty serious. We don't just give info away, you will have to sign up with Billy or me before we can divulge any supersecret stuff like the decoder ring or show you the handshake.

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by cdhall
You know, the 10th Brown thing is pretty serious. We don't just give info away, you will have to sign up with Billy or me before we can divulge any supersecret stuff like the decoder ring or show you the handshake.

And that's just the start of it... sheesh... Keep your mouth shut about our plan to take over the world Doug... We don't want that getting out either. ;)

L

lonekimono

Hi Dennis you know i LOVE you like a kenpo bother(lol)
but i hate eating that stuff the black gets in your teeth.
anyway i just got back from K-MART with the wife and she brought
me this cool shirt, it has black stripes and white stripes,so i'll put it on and sit back and watch whats going on. LOL
oh! i'm sorry Dennis i did forget to put your name in here also when it came to MR PARKER .:uhohh: :uhohh: :uhohh:

yours in kenpo
i like dreaming cause dreaming will make you fly

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by cdhall
...you will have to sign up with Billy or me before we can divulge any supersecret stuff like the decoder ring or show you the handshake.

Man, I always miss out on the cool stuff.:eek:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by Billy Lear
The longer you shovel crap you start to smell like it. If you want to sling B.S. around at every one, and cause fights... then that is what you'll be famous for. If you want to be constructive ...

If that is the case, then why at several AKSC meetings when we were ALL disussing .........

ahhhhhhhh never mind.

R

RCastillo

If that is the case, then why at several AKSC meetings when we were ALL disussing .........

ahhhhhhhh never mind.

I knew it. You guys were assasinating me again!:mad:

Latest Discussions