It's time to promote the Kenpo Grand Masters

W

webpage20022003

Originally posted by XtremeJ_AKKI
I'm just curious ( actually been curious about this for over a week now ), just how old are you, and how long have you been active in the martial arts?

please tell me why you would like to know such thing......?

W

webpage20022003

Originally posted by lonekimono
Hey Mike thank you, this person won't PUT his name in here, but he will PUT people down .
you know there are alot of other things we can talk about other than giving him the time of day.

oh one more thing ,,webpage if you are near the state of NEW JERSEY than please be my guess stop by my school and i will let you jump in the BEGINNER CLASS that's white to yellow, and don't worry about paying just you stopping by is payment.

ps have a good day,,,oh Mike give me a call at the school
856-931-0030

thank you for your offering and i don't live in Jersey. To be friendly with everybody here ,specially you, why don't YOU take this generous offer and give it to one of YOUR white belt student?

You don't mention with your student about me. I enjoy being myself. Anonymous is simply the BEST.

XtremeJ_AKKI

Green Belt
Reaction score
From your usage of grammar, as well as your responses ( though I won't go into terms to describe some of them ), I can assume that either you're not that advanced in age ( read between the lines ), or you haven't been in the arts too long, or perhaps both.

Then again, I could be wrong, but at this point, it's a pretty safe bet.

Oh, and as to your comment on anonymous posting being the way to go.....sure, it's great, for cowards and those who don't want to hold any accountability for their words.

I saw you ask someone on another post, what makes their opinion better than yours? I'd venture to say, simply a name.

Have a nice day. :D

W

webpage20022003

From your usage of grammar, as well as your responses ( though I won't go into terms to describe some of them ), I can assume that either you're not that advanced in age ( read between the lines ), or you haven't been in the arts too long, or perhaps both.

Then again, I could be wrong, but at this point, it's a pretty safe bet.

what else would you like to discuss with me beside my grammar and responses ?

i am always responsible for my words. If you have any problem with that, we will discuss about it here ok?

you are always WRONG and will BE WRONG in every ASPECT of life.

how long in the art is too long?

Oh, and as to your comment on anonymous posting being the way to go.....sure, it's great, for cowards and those who don't want to hold any accountability for their words.

coward? wow....man. Just look all the posts here, you respond to my comment and I reply you back.

Putting my name is my choice NOT yours.

You can put your name and rank all you WANT. I don't really care. Why?

there is a BIG different between me AND YOU and that is I learn martial art because I want to defend myself NOT because I want to TELL everybody including YOU my name and rank.

One more point, trust me this worth taken.

when you are the STREET, your NAME and RANK will not SAVE you

I saw you ask someone on another post, what makes their opinion better than yours? I'd venture to say, simply a name.

Have a nice day. :D

let me put this way. Whatever education you are having is really no good :) why?

well, you can't and will never be better than other because of the name.

i always have a nice day and will continue to do so.

L

lonekimono

hey webpage no one cares who the hell you are but you should know the rules in here about the name thing?? and this is the last thing i'm saying about you, GROW UP AND SHUT UP
and i never get mad but you are a waste of time .:asian:

W

webpage20022003

hey webpage no one cares who the hell you are but you should know the rules in here about the name thing?? and this is the last thing i'm saying about you, GROW UP AND SHUT UP
and i never get mad but you are a waste of time .:asian:

you don't understand, do you ?

1-people here have rule but this rule doesn't apply nationwide, does it?

I mean that there is no LAWS

putting my name and rank is my choice. NOT yours.

Why you and other people are concern about my name and rank?

feel insecure????

2-i don't care about your title *founder* of american chinese kenpo either.

i know 1 thing. You put a word *chinese* between american and kenpo so that you can be called *founder*

why don't you try to put *founder* on american kenpo and see what happen.?????

you learned American Kenpo, why don't you just say that you are teaching American Kenpo and drop your *chinese* and *founder* here.

and how can you claim that you are a *founder* of american chinese kenpo while you are teaching American kenpo?

you are *founder* because you change the name or ad 1 or 2 of your own moves ???

why do you put Sr Ed Parker on your front page when doing different things???? it is really insulting

i just don't know what you did *find* in american kenpo ??? everybody here certains wants to find out.

with all the respects, it is really a JOKE for kenpo community.

Why don't you SHUT UP and LISTEN to me and hide in caves or something?

you should get MAD and be SHUTTED UP because the TRUTH is hurt :)

W

webpage20022003

If you say so, Buckwheat. :rofl:

Please think about what i said. Everybody cares about you. You should know that

so i am Buckwheat, what are you? Bruce Lee??
:D:D

L

lonekimono

HEY webpage we have a word for guys like you in New Jersey

JERKOFF THATS ABOUT IT :D

W

webpage20022003

HEY webpage we have a word for guys like you in New Jersey

JERKOFF THATS ABOUT IT :D

you don't know how to count heh?

You *Jerk* *off* are actually 2 words not 1.

Know how to count??? 1,2,10???? way to go *founder*

it is certainlly better than your integrity and decency and honesty for being *FAKE* *founder* ****

******* Jersey *founder*

i hope you will get BUSTED in the future for all lies you made about being *founder* of NOTHING:D :D

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folks... Flamewars aren't welcome here. Follow our board rules or take it to some site that likes that sort of thing.

OP
Old Fat Kenpoka

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kaith: Thank you for refereeing here. Thank you for suspending the most flagrant flamer here.

All: I hope now that we can return to our civil discussion of what is important in ranking and in Kenpo effectiveness, and have a constructive discussion to help strengthen Kenpo for the future.

L

lonekimono

OK at lease you and i can talk and not call each other names,
i don't know what his/her reason was to say the things he did about me? my life is an open book.
anyway you want to laugh i forgot what we were talking about (lol):D
if you run down the hill,how fast will you get to the bottom??
:asian:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Back to the whole rank issue, I think Mr. Parker defined it well enough. Some traditions should be left alone and some should be ignored. I feel that by going past his established rank structure we are ignoring one of the traditions that he put in place, that would in turn have the effect of destroying our credibility in the over all martial arts community. It would also, IMO, undermine our system. This is a very touchy issue for some. I admit, I am one of those.

L

lonekimono

You know that did not come out right ,what i meant to say is that i like what you said and you have a way with word's that i like.

so like they say "YOU THE MAN":asian: :asian: :asian:

OP
Old Fat Kenpoka

Old Fat Kenpoka

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seig: Thank you for reviving this thread after its recent trashing.

If we limit our senior to 10th Dan as Mr. Parker would have wished, then what should the criteria be for promoting them?

A 10th Dan could be for a most senior leader preserving the faith. However, I don't personally feel that just preserving the status quo should warrant a 10th Dan. I would like to see 10th Dan awarded to those who not only preserve the faith, but move the art forward into the 21st century incorporating new ideas, techniques, innovations, and manuevers. That 10th Dan would then have created a version of the faith worthy of preserving.

That begs the question of how and when do you determine if an innovation is worthy. I suggest that an innovation is worthy of preserving if it has the same impact on the martial art as Mr. Parker's innovations. How and when would you know that that has happened? Probably not for 10 or 20 years after the innovation was widely adopted would you be able to measure its significance.

This further begs the question of whether or not the new innovations are an enhancement to the current system or the schism into a new one. That could be measured by adoption rate. None of this is easily measureable. But the award of a 10th Dan should not be easy either.

Just thinking out loud and trying to stir up some discussion.

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
OFK...

I agree totally, unfortunately, the cat is out of the bag. As soon as two or more gathered in one persons name, took a vote, we had a plethora of 10th Dans.

I think that the rank has been cheapened to the point that it is irrelevant. It's all organizational and Administrative ranking now. Doesn't really mean much since there were not any standards to rank them by, other than a bunch of supporters saying Yes.

I don't honestly believe 11th, 12th, 13th Degree Black Belts will solve any problems. It's like inflation... You just print more money, but it doesn't solve the basic issues.