Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bob of course. Soon as I get the lessons, and get over my fear of flying. :D

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Would love to be there but i have to save up for my next trip to Japan ( addicted! )
Be sure to get some footage on the net! :)

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
At these gas prices, it would still be cheaper to fly than to drive from England to Buffalo. :uhyeah:

May I ask you something?

How on earth would a person accomplish driving from England to Buffalo? I mean, outside of parking it on a boat/ freighter (still would be an outrageous price...)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would love to be there but i have to save up for my next trip to Japan ( addicted! )
Be sure to get some footage on the net! :)

I'm sure Bob will get something on film..I can barely work the camera on my cell phone..

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
May I ask you something?

How on earth would a person accomplish driving from England to Buffalo? I mean, outside of parking it on a boat/ freighter (still would be an outrageous price...)

Even then, unless you were actually driving the car during the trip—think of a Morris Minor on the deck of an otherwise empty supertanker— would you want to say that someone actually drove from England to Buffalo just because their car had been transported by boat.

You know... that actually answers the question. Drive to Portsmouth or wherever, load your car onto the freighter, drive around in a tight circle in the cargo hold of the freighter for the whole trip (make sure it's well ventilated, mind!) and when you hit NY, you set off for upstate. And when you arrive in Buffalo you can truthfully say that you drove the whole way from England to Buffalo! :D

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Even then, unless you were actually driving the car during the trip—think of a Morris Minor on the deck of an otherwise empty supertanker— would you want to say that someone actually drove from England to Buffalo just because their car had been transported by boat.

You know... that actually answers the question. Drive to Portsmouth or wherever, load your car onto the freighter, drive around in a tight circle in the cargo hold of the freighter for the whole trip (make sure it's well ventilated, mind!) and when you hit NY, you set off for upstate. And when you arrive in Buffalo you can truthfully say that you drove the whole way from England to Buffalo! :D

Actually, I was considering the fact that your car would be with you as being "driving" to each place.... Your idea is not only HILARIOUS, but definitely considered driving.

Oh! And Drac? My response will remain at: :p

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh! And Drac? My response will remain at: :p

You throw the gauntlet at me??? I guess as a Mod I would get a warning if I post what I wanted to??

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK..I gotta real important question...Who is teaching what?? What do we need to bring?? Sticks, Canes, training weapons (gun, knife)..Just wondering..

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That didn't look like a gauntlet it looked like tongue which, unless I'm interpreting it entirely the wrong way, is pretty much the opposite of a gauntlet. :idunno:

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That didn't look like a gauntlet it looked like tongue which, unless I'm interpreting it entirely the wrong way, is pretty much the opposite of a gauntlet. :idunno:

The sticking out of the tongue WAS the tossing of the gauntlet..She was forcing me to post a comment, which I cannot do since this is a family site and I don't wish to upset anyone because of the adult nature of my response...Kapeesh??

morph4me

Goin' with the flow
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ohhh, see, I thought is was something else altogether, my bad:uhyeah:

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
OK..I gotta real important question...Who is teaching what?? What do we need to bring?? Sticks, Canes, training weapons (gun, knife)..Just wondering..

Yes, we were wondering about this... and is there a rough idea of who will be teaching what? Ankh-wiring minds want to know (thinking of your old avatar, Bob...)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dunno yet. Who wants to teach?

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dunno yet. Who wants to teach?

Not I..I'm just a poor dumb street cop, that is forced to teach rudementary skills to cadets, things many of you learned a LONG time ago..Events like this SHOULD be taught by martial art instructors...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Maybe Brian could share some of his knowledge of stick and knife???

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I could show you how to deny someone's civil rights???

Seriously folks..Where did everyone stay last year???

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If there are any ladies up for sharing a hotel room, gimme a holler please! :)

Drac, take off that wig...

What if I promise to stay on my side of the room???

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have been ordered to get a nice hotel, just in case the wife decides to come. Anyone know of any good ones?