Your Favorite Kick

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Ther are plenty of kicks in TKD to love, but if you had to pick- what would be your favorite Kick? I love the spinng heel kick....YEAH!

Live Long and Prosper

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I really like the side kick. But I'm also partial to the spinning back kick.

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Jump Spinning Back Kick but probably because it is the first jump spinning kick I learned how to do well. Okay, that and the amount of power I can get when I throw it. :)

I also like the twist kick because it isn't used all that often and is sneaky :ninja:

CrimsonPhoenix

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My favorite would have to be the roundhouse with the instep of the foot. I also really like the spinning back kick. Crescent kicks are really good too.

Windsinger

Green Belt
Reaction score
For kicks I'm capable of right now, the hook kick. Just something about that kick that I feel I can get more power out of than most of the others I can do.

Otherwise, the tornado kick, just for the "Oooooo!" factor. :)

Ms. Sheryl

White Belt
Reaction score
I guess I'd have to say I like the back spin kick and a good turning sidekick especially when I do it well.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Back sidekick, followed closely by the back roundhouse kick.

kaizasosei

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
probably the reverse roundhouse hooking style kick. even better with a spin. the kind that can even connect to the opponents back of the head.

i like kicks that are done elegantly with great flexibility or agile jumping.

tripple kicks!!!

liu kangs bicycle kick!

blocking with the soles of the feet.

j

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, depends on what ya mean by "favorite" ;)

On one hand, I agree with Kwanjang in that the spinning heal kick is just a beautiful way to put a hard piece of bone (the heel) on somebody's head with a whole lotta power. That goes along with an appreciation of the skill it takes to accomplish this.

On the OTHER hand,

I absolutely LOVE the front kick. Done correctly, ahp chagi can either knock someone on their butt OR penetrate and break stuff, all while keeping both arms in play for set up AND follow up punching.

I probably throw more front kicks while (continuous-style) sparring than any other kick.

And in self defense situations, it is easily thrown (don't need a lot of flexibility to throw it head high), fast and inconspicuous (don't have to put your body in any non-conventional positions: it is used from a stand-up position). You can fire out a front kick, do considerable damage, and if anyone blinks they will have completely missed what you've done.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Spinning heal followd by the side kick.

For SD I'd use the Glock kick (kidding there.) Low side kick and low front kick (with heal.)

Deaf