Would you hit a woman who was unarmed?

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
having hidden weapons
Women mostly attack using something in their Hand. A sharp Object, anything within reach. Very few will try to punch a grown man.
I remember a friend of mine got into an argument & punched a guy, his woman attacked him with a stilletto shoe. That can take out an eye.
I've also had a woman stamp on my upper foot with such a shoe. It hurt but luckily didn't puncture my shoe. So again not many will attack a man like square on without a weapon.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I can agree that the safest route is to maximize what you are legally allowed to do. Smash their nose, break an eye socket, crack a rib. I can't argue against this being the safest course of action.

However, life is all about establishing prioritize. Survival ranks high on my priority list, but it is rarely my highest priority. Risk management is also not about eliminating all risk. It's about evaluating risk in light of your goals.

Calling it stupid is only viewing it through one lense.
What is higher than survival on your priority list? Outside of the survival of my wife, and if I had kids their survival, I find it difficult to imagine ranking something higher. Maybe I'm just selfish.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What is higher than survival on your priority list? Outside of the survival of my wife, and if I had kids their survival, I find it difficult to imagine ranking something higher. Maybe I'm just selfish.
I set multiple things above survival. But I'm also not scared of a woman with a shoe. This decision is not a death sentence.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I think there's a middle ground here. There's a lot of judgement and context involved. I mean, sure, we can see danger around every corner. But I think most people will accept some degree of personal risk in order to help someone else. I've been physically assaulted by an unreasonable woman before, and I didn't punch her. I restrained her so that she didn't hurt me or anyone else, including herself. I suppose I could legally have punched her in the face, but that is, frankly, a repugnant thought for me. And to be sure, she may have stabbed me or something. Fortunately for us both, that didn't happen.

So, we can say that there is a third possibility. If you over respond, you might not be dead or in jail, but by your actions, the other person might be seriously injured, dead, or possibly in jail (because you failed to deescalate the situation).

As a result of what I believe is a very reasonable, common perspective on this topic, I get to go through life not carrying guns or visualizing punching women in the face. Still pretty safe, not doing crazy things that are likely to put me or my family at risk. But also, I believe, a little healthier and happier.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OP
J

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The entire basis of this thread is silly and unserious. It hardly deserves serious responses. Think of it as a joke thread.
It's a great topic! Sweating the details regarding what you are willing to do is a worthwhile topic.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It's a great topic! Sweating the details regarding what you are willing to do is a worthwhile topic.
Disagree. The subject stated is "Would you hit a woman who was unarmed but attacking you?" But the truth is that it is reductive to "Can a woman be dangerous enough to seriously hurt you?" The answer is obviously yes and only a doofus would argue that there aren't any circumstances where a woman could seriously hurt a man, even were she "unarmed." The rest that follows is just foolishness. The entire basis of the thread is fundamentally unserious unless you are presupposing a bunch of knuckle-draggers from the 1950's and therefore doesn't merit serious answers. It's a joke thread. Frankly, I'm shocked that it lasted 1 page, never mind 7.

OP
J

Jared Traveler

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Disagree. The subject stated is "Would you hit a woman who was unarmed but attacking you?" But the truth is that it is reductive to "Can a woman be dangerous enough to seriously hurt you?" The answer is obviously yes and only a doofus would argue that there aren't any circumstances where a woman could seriously hurt a man, even were she "unarmed." The rest that follows is just foolishness. The entire basis of the thread is fundamentally unserious unless you are presupposing a bunch of knuckle-draggers from the 1950's and therefore doesn't merit serious answers. It's a joke thread. Frankly, I'm shocked that it lasted 1 page, never mind 7.
Disagree also. But that's just an opinion from a doofus I guess.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Disagree also. But that's just an opinion from a doofus I guess.
i actually knew a woman who was a female wrestler. she was definetly a bit crazy with alcohol..lol
I ended up wrestling with her in bed after a party... now that was dangerous !

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

It is a trade off.

You are basically discussing the better to be judged by 12 stuff.

Which is fine if the trade off is that or death.

But if the trade off isn't death. Then going to court. Or mutilating someone is a crappy trade off.

You can nullify a threat without hurting people. This is quite often how positional advantage works. And ironically positional advantage makes you more efficient at hurting people.

So it quite often winds up that the best choice is also the more moral choice.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
i actually knew a woman who was a female wrestler. she was definetly a bit crazy with alcohol..lol
I ended up wrestling with her in bed after a party... now that was dangerous !

I can't deal with that. I just can never figure out whether I should be romancing her or just going for the sub.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Here is the best example of personal experience vs scientific method. And why we shouldn't really trust personal experience.

Well ...it's kept me alive until now.
You can think about your theories & scientific data as your skull is being stomped or gutted like a fish. Sorry but just nonsense

Latest Discussions