Why Why Why

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why are we here

Why do we train

Why train to be here

these question are here for you good people to figure out what I'am referring to, if anybody can make a connection between these question and themself you are like me.

If these question confuse you then you are like you and not me.

Confusing as it may seem only real genuine Martial Artist will understand the depth of these question and be able to answer them.

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why are we here

Why do we train

Why train to be here

these question are here for you good people to figure out what I'am referring to, if anybody can make a connection between these question and themself you are like me.

If these question confuse you then you are like you and not me.

Confusing as it may seem only real genuine Martial Artist will understand the depth of these question and be able to answer them.

Terry it is after midnight and you confuse me with this? I'll just go sit in the corner and drool on myself until morning when I can think enough to answer this. :)

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It's where we wanted to go, and the train brought us here.

It is cheaper then flying.

other two answers, plus the cheap beer.

I connected all 3, do I win? :D

Andrew you win another cheap beer The word Train is for training not riding so please go have another one

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Terry it is after midnight and you confuse me with this? I'll just go sit in the corner and drool on myself until morning when I can think enough to answer this. :)

I shall wait for the drool to be wiped off and a answer in the morning

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why are we here

Why do we train

Why train to be here

Why we're here is what we choose to make of what we've been given.

I train 'cause it acts as a carrot to keep me in shape.

I don't train to be here. That's an ultimately futile exercise. I train because I enjoy it, and it makes my life easier.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Why are we here

Why do we train

Why train to be here

Hmmm after midnight, but sometimes I do my best thinking after midnight (sometimes, not always)

I am here because this is where I am supposed to be. This is where my training has brought me thus far. My life experiences, my environment, my attitude, the experiences of my sahbomnim has brought me here.

I train because I know there is something else inside of me that I want to tap into, I want to be something more than I am, and I believe martial arts does this for me, because I have already seen it happen. I want complete control of myself: control of my limbs, control of my actions, control of my environment (through awareness of it), control of my responses to others, I want to KNOW what I am capable of and what I can be capable of. I want my mind to truly control my body. I want to master myself.

I have trained to get to where I am now, because it is the spot on the path that I am on NOW. Training is one step after one step after one step on a path. I have found achievement and self-satisfaction by taking the path I have taken. However, I am not satisfied. I do not want to stay here. I want to continue down the path. That is why I continue to train.

This is my answer at 24 years old, at 12:17am after a strenuous workout after a day of substitute teaching a bunch of eighth graders.... ask me another time I wouldn't be surprised if I had a completely different response.
But this is the right answer for me right now.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Why? ....For fun here: Why? ....to be a Bruce Lee look alike...to scream like him...and to scar others away, to be the hero and capture the women or (if you are a women than, it men).

Why Here? : Why not? ....this is a good place to dream..and practice our thoughts....( the many thoughts and powerful one too.). We train for faster thoughts....defence thoughts...and try to be thoughtful too at the same time.

Why do we train? ....cause most of us do not like golfing? We rather use our hands and foot...to hit someone balls. (golf ones?).

Why train here? .....cause NO can train there? ....here is closer! HERE is the best.....the rest goes over there! HUH?

Mind over matter....no matter what the mind says....and mind says it does matter.....But this NO matter anyway..........Aloha

PS: Make love not wars....it does matter here....

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Why are we here

Why do we train

Why train to be here

The wind blew, and the seed drifted and landed in fertile ground, thus, there is where it grew.

The thorns protected the plant, and helped to ensure its survival. The plant absorbed its nourishment from nature and blossomed under the warmth of the sun.

When the season was over, the flower released its seeds. The wind blew, and the seeds drifted and some landed in fertile ground. Thus the cycle continues.

I am here because I choose to be here. This is where God has placed me, and I remain here because this is where I choose to be until I have fulfilled the purpose for which God has sent me. I am here to serve God, to help others, and to experience life.

I train because I choose to improve myself, to protect myself and others, to learn and grow and enjoy the wonders of the universe, and to better able myself to serve God and make a positive difference in the world.

I train to be here because this is where I choose to be. I am here to provide a source so that others may benefit from what I have learned, so they may survive in the future, go further than I have gone, and learn to enjoy all of God's blessings. I pass on to the next generation, so they may pass on to the next. Thus the cycle continues.

:asian:

CM D.J. Eisenhart

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmmm after midnight, but sometimes I do my best thinking after midnight (sometimes, not always)

I am here because this is where I am supposed to be. This is where my training has brought me thus far. My life experiences, my environment, my attitude, the experiences of my sahbomnim has brought me here.

I train because I know there is something else inside of me that I want to tap into, I want to be something more than I am, and I believe martial arts does this for me, because I have already seen it happen. I want complete control of myself: control of my limbs, control of my actions, control of my environment (through awareness of it), control of my responses to others, I want to KNOW what I am capable of and what I can be capable of. I want my mind to truly control my body. I want to master myself.

I have trained to get to where I am now, because it is the spot on the path that I am on NOW. Training is one step after one step after one step on a path. I have found achievement and self-satisfaction by taking the path I have taken. However, I am not satisfied. I do not want to stay here. I want to continue down the path. That is why I continue to train.

This is my answer at 24 years old, at 12:17am after a strenuous workout after a day of substitute teaching a bunch of eighth graders.... ask me another time I wouldn't be surprised if I had a completely different response.
But this is the right answer for me right now.

I enjoyed your rsponse, it was so beuatiful it almost made me cry, thank you so much

OP
terryl965

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The wind blew, and the seed drifted and landed in fertile ground, thus, there is where it grew.

The thorns protected the plant, and helped to ensure its survival. The plant absorbed its nourishment from nature and blossomed under the warmth of the sun.

When the season was over, the flower released its seeds. The wind blew, and the seeds drifted and some landed in fertile ground. Thus the cycle continues.

I am here because I choose to be here. This is where God has placed me, and I remain here because this is where I choose to be until I have fulfilled the purpose for which God has sent me. I am here to serve God, to help others, and to experience life.

I train because I choose to improve myself, to protect myself and others, to learn and grow and enjoy the wonders of the universe, and to better able myself to serve God and make a positive difference in the world.

I train to be here because this is where I choose to be. I am here to provide a source so that others may benefit from what I have learned, so they may survive in the future, go further than I have gone, and learn to enjoy all of God's blessings. I pass on to the next generation, so they may pass on to the next. Thus the cycle continues.

:asian:

CM D.J. Eisenhart

Master Eisenhart I have come to expect no ledd than what you have provided for this thread, the intro was brillant and the ending was right on Thank you as well.

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Why are we here

Why do we train

Why train to be here

I may be thinking a little too deeply here but "outside the box" is just my style sometimes.

I am here because I have to be here, "here" is where I am, I can never be "there", that's where you are.

I train because it's what I am, if I didn't train to do something I would never do anything, to live is to experience, to experience is to learn and to learn is to train.

I train to be here because I am experiencing being here, therefore, I am training. I have no other option but to train to be here.

Now inside that pesky box,

I am here and I choose to train to be here because it makes me a better person and gives me experiences that I choose to have. If I didn't train to be here I would no longer be here, I would be somewhere else.

Nope I can't do it, I can't think inside the stupid box.