Why Why Why

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Why are we here

Where are we? At home? In this city? In this Country? In this Universe? You cannot find a reson for your presence if first you do not estabilish where your presence is. The more the place where you exist becomes bigger, the less the reason will be centered on you. If you consider your existence in your home the reason of you being there is of great value to you and your family. If you consider your existence in your country the reason of your presence will become smaller and smaller because you will share them with the rest of people, animal and things in the same Country. So the real question would come down as existence in the universe, where we tend to become just a tiny part of the whole.

Why do we train

Training has a very sobjective reason. Everyone trains for different reasons, which however are related to the individual.

Why train to be here

So in the end comparing my 2 answers above we do not train to be here. Training should be a tool that will let you understand how weak you are and how important the existence of other people, animal and things are related to your existence. Thus we train to understand that we are part of a whole and we are not the centre of the Universe.

these question are here for you good people to figure out what I'am referring to, if anybody can make a connection between these question and themself you are like me.

I am like you and just like all the other people of this forum. We are all part of the whole. There is no need to make any connection between some questions to be what we are. The difference is being aware of what we are.

Confusing as it may seem only real genuine Martial Artist will understand the depth of these question and be able to answer them.

As per my interpretation of training what you stated it is true. The understanding and answering of the questions can be done only if the Martial Art showed you the weakness in you and made you understand how part of the whole you are. But Martial Art is not the only way to learn this concept, thus you can understand and answer those question even if you are not a genuine Martial Artist.

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
So in the end comparing my 2 answers above we do not train to be here. Training should be a tool that will let you understand how weak you are and how important the existence of other people, animal and things are related to your existence. Thus we train to understand that we are part of a whole and we are not the centre of the Universe.

I would disagree with the statement that we do not train to be here. This is subjective depending on the individual as well.
In this world that is filled with misery and death, why do we stick around? Because the mystery, joy, and adventure of life are worth living for, even if you have to suffer some. So, for someone like me, who has a hard time seeing past the misery to see the joy, training in something that I am passionate about, the martial arts, does give me another reason in my life to be here.

A simpler way to state it is as BigShadow did:
Quality of our life is in our own hands. To be "there" instead of here means death.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why are we here

Haven't got a clue...I think it punishment for sins in a previous life (lives)

Terryl965 said:
Why do we train

To stay SAFE on the sytreets and go home at the end of our shift unharmed..

Terryl965 said:
Why train to be here

Training here??? The only training I get here is getting better on the keyboard which comes in helpful on duty as ALL of our cars have MDT's...

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why are we here

Why do we train

Why train to be here

1. I know why I'm here- it's to better myself, my life, my attitude. That's me. I'm sure there are other reasons for each and every other person, but that's up to them.

2. What else would I do, to help with what I listed above? I'm not interested in anything else. I do what I love, but that still varies from one person to the next.

3. It makes me happy. It's a stress reliever. I want to reach my personal goals.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When do we get to hear your thoughts Master Stoker?

Ok here is mine for you

Why are we here

We are here for god placed us here to be the person he has choosen us to be, so that is why I'am here for the almighty say so.

Why do we train

Simply for to be the best person I can possibly be without the training I would and could not be me.

Why train to be here

We train to be here for the soul that needsa us to be here for them if not for us being here at the right moment in time the soul would wonder thoughout the night. You see we have been training to be at the very spot for that very person since we was put on this earth, such we must train so we are there when we was suppose to be.

I hope this does not confuse anybody but if not for the path of the twelve arm man we would all be together wondering down the same road, for the twelve arm man we must all take the path so we can be join in the end for one hell of a training session.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am here because fate has dictated that this is where I am to be. What I do while I'm here is what's important.

I train because I find that while I'm here, there are things I want to do and accomplish during this time and training helps me to achieve those goals.

I train to be here because it is my fate to be here, and my destiny to take this time to train for what fate may have in store for me next.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
the twelve arm man? please enlighten me....

The twelve arm man is the same as the folk in the road, My GM would say that the fearless fighter would look like he had 12 arms when in battle, thus his journey was always to bring all 12 together for training but all 12 had a different approached to every encounter, thus when the dust would clear training would begin again for the 12 arms to become one again. It would also be like the man that wear two suits or a man with two faces. I hope this helps.