Status
Not open for further replies.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lol guns. Didn't you watch the video? Just run at the gunman in a half circle and grab it. Guns are useless, and will get you beaten or killed in self defense.

now disabled

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol guns. Didn't you watch the video? Just run at the gunman in a half circle and grab it. Guns are useless, and will get you beaten or killed in self defense.

no I gave up watching after he got popped with the nerf gun lol

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol you didn't explain why ground-fighting is good for self defense or why any form of BJJ works on the street.
Actually, I did:
And ground fighting is actually NOT terrible for SD. If you are on the ground, ground fighting is excellent for SD. While I could agree that choosing ground fighting as a go-to is not always a good choice, you're far overstating the point.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know the definition of 'attack'? If one is in a physical altercation one is either attacking or being attacked. Otherwise there is no fight.

Apropos nothing, I always laugh when they say in American football someone is an 'offensive player'.

Btw anyone else going to watch the blood moon tonight? In UK it's starting about 2100h for about an hour and a half. :D

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I take back everything I said. I think Master status is in order. Maybe too young for Grandmaster, but maybe not.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Apropos nothing, I always laugh when they say in American football someone is an 'offensive player'.

Btw anyone else going to watch the blood moon tonight? In UK it's starting about 2100h for about an hour and a half. :D

I would love to. But alas! I will be in my survival shelter to avoid the consequences of possible confrontations with other observers, and letting my inadequate Hapkido get me beaten up and killed.

Actually, unfortunately, we are expecting severe rain, wind and thunder storms this evening. I hope they don't beat me up and kill me. :eek: :eek: ;) And this is a long on as well.

OP
Isaiah90

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So, you think attackers never get people on the ground? They operate differently than angry people who get into a fight?

People who train for fights operate differently than people who train for attacks. If someone were to swing on you out of nowhere, you may or may not be able to do all your flashy martial arts. Either way, you would've already been hit several times and possibly knocked out before you can do anything.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you study his gun defense video and his sword technique video you automatically become A McCloud of the clan McCloud immortals

OP
Isaiah90

Isaiah90

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you study his gun defense video and his sword technique video you automatically become A McCloud of the clan McCloud immortals

Not familiar with that, but thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions