Status
Not open for further replies.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
He’s the most entertaining guy I’ve seen here in a while, that’s for sure.

I still prefer Wu Wei or whatever that guy’s name was. Security guy that created his on style. I miss him.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I assume the arm bar he's talking about juji-gatame, where your leg goes over the opponent's face.

I also assume the "MMA fighter" (if he existed at all) was another YouTube-trained wannabee.

For the record, I have experimented with letting my training partners try to bite their way out of my juji-gatame. It doesn't work. Firstly, the way I apply the position makes it really hard for the opponent to get a good bite. Secondly, it's easy for me to break the arm (even going slowly) before they can inflict any damage (or even significant pain) with the bite.

Yes but once the arm is broken you can no longer hold that arm bar. You need the structure to keep the lock in place.

Having the arm broken is part of the escape.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If you prevent the extension of your arm, they can't break it.
If you want to

- bend your arm, your opponent can help you to bend more.
- extend your arm, your opponent can help you to extend more.

Your opponent can always tries to straight your arm first. When you resist and bend your arm, he can then borrow your bending force and help you to bend more.

Your opponent can still break your arm even if you try to bend it. Here is an example.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
And always maintaining broken arms makes you arm bar proof.

A much more comfortable option (at least in the long term) would be to have some extra elbows fitted, but ones that are omnidirectional ball and socket designs instead.

3 or 4 in each arm would do it.

Might as well get some more knees too, then you'd be utterly BJJ resistant.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
A much more comfortable option (at least in the long term) would be to have some extra elbows fitted, but ones that are omnidirectional ball and socket designs instead.

Gonna need to have that cast iron neck installed too.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
Gonna need to have that cast iron neck installed too.

Cast iron is far too heavy and brittle - I'd opt for the carbon fibre / titanium version.

It's a bit more expensive, but the benefits will soon outweigh the cost.

D

Deleted member 39746

And always maintaining broken arms makes you arm bar proof.

Tis but a scratch.

I do have a question and a TLDR moment about grappling and firearms, i have seen refrences and teaching on how to point blank use a pistol as a pistol consistently and on the ground. Basically you grapple while using your pistol as a pistol rather than as a club or both. was curious where it sat in with comparison of ground fighting training etc. Its taught in combative pistol classes usually and i know most traditional places dont teach firearms at all anyway. excuse the wording dont have a good way to explain my question.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cast iron is far too heavy and brittle - I'd opt for the carbon fibre / titanium version.

It's a bit more expensive, but the benefits will soon outweigh the cost.
What about the teflon eyeballs, skin, and testicles?

Every one knows a bite, eyegouge, or nutshot is all you need to defeat any BJJ guy.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Removable ankles for heel hooks. That would screw ,em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions