Which is the true ITF

DArnold

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Sir I always try to be respectful and have integrity all the time and do my best to promote the Art I love with a passion. I'm really a indepentant school looking for an org. that has the same integrity as me without selling out to anybody. I do not mean to ask so many question that have no real answer to them, just trying to make converstation and find intelligent answers out there in the web of life. Love your last line.

Yes, there is a razors edge where you pit your humility against speaking out for what you believe in.

I think it was Clinton who said, "You know sometimes I said things when I sould have kept quiet, and other times I kept quiet when I should have said things"

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, there is a razors edge where you pit your humility against speaking out for what you believe in.

I think it was Clinton who said, "You know sometimes I said things when I sould have kept quiet, and other times I kept quiet when I should have said things"

My foot is always in my mouth or somebody elses.

Papio

White Belt
Reaction score
This post explains why GTF has had such a student explosion in my area over the last 5 years and why all the ITF schools are all gone, though I’m still having trouble understanding what “the ultimate non-political TKD organisation” actuality means I suspect its all down to money, and possibly the fact that you can wear any uniform (ITF, WTF, GTF, other) while training and the instructors don’t give a damn.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
GTF I'm not sure I recognized that one do you have a link for it?

FieldDiscipline

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I found this helpful:

This recent history is very politically charged and one must be careful when approaching it. When General Choi Hong Hi died on June 15, 2002, there was a political split between the different masters within the International Taekwon-Do Federation. The rest of this article mainly refers to the ITF as led by Master Choi.

The rest of the article can be round here 1/3 of the way down under recent history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Taekwondo_Federation

Latest Discussions