What's your most controversial, non-political opinion?

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
Controversial opinion: Micheal Keaton is the best batman.
I remember seeing Tim Burton's Batman at a drive in movie theater when it came out. It was a double feature of Michael Keaton, the other movie was The Dream Team.

Never smoked it myself, or taken edibles, but I've seen it do stuff. A guy I worked with at FedEx Office several years ago, Parkinson's, so his arm was constantly shaking. One of our regular customers came in one day, noticed the shaking, and offered my coworker a bit of cream to rub into the back of his neck. Swear on my life his arm stopped shaking 5 minutes later. The customer was a former army chopper pilot, had been in a accident, TBI, lots of rehab. Years later started working with a company to develop cannabis based products for medical, and this cream was one of those products. Obviously not a cure for Parkinson's but there's definitely something there worth exploring.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I remember seeing Tim Burton's Batman at a drive in movie theater when it came out. It was a double feature of Michael Keaton, the other movie was The Dream Team.

Never smoked it myself, or taken edibles, but I've seen it do stuff. A guy I worked with at FedEx Office several years ago, Parkinson's, so his arm was constantly shaking. One of our regular customers came in one day, noticed the shaking, and offered my coworker a bit of cream to rub into the back of his neck. Swear on my life his arm stopped shaking 5 minutes later. The customer was a former army chopper pilot, had been in a accident, TBI, lots of rehab. Years later started working with a company to develop cannabis based products for medical, and this cream was one of those products. Obviously not a cure for Parkinson's but there's definitely something there worth exploring.
Tim Burton's Batman came out while I was stationed in Germany in around 89 or 90. My mom actually sent me a copy of the VHS tape. Jack Nicholson was also a great Joker.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Controversial opinion: Micheal Keaton is the best batman.
Robert Pattinson is the best Bruce Wayne, and the best Batman.

And nobody will ever remember him as a glittery vampire. I've even seen Team Edward hardliners admit this.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Robert Pattinson is the best Bruce Wayne, and the best Batman.

And nobody will ever remember him as a glittery vampire. I've even seen Team Edward hardliners admit this.
Robert Pattinson has the personality of a parsnip. The movie was pretty good, but that's in spite of Pattinson, not because of him. Best directorial decision they made was to keep him in the mask for 95% of the movie so the stunt doubles could keep things interesting.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
just remember where i lived and remember it was a Scottish town not a big city i always got hash, called it Black, leb, rocky. was a long time ago but i tried grass but didn´t like it. hash was more oily. liked the smell more and i found it tasted better, kinder to the throat

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I put creamer and sweetener in my coffee; the rest of my family drinks it black.
Drink it how you like it. I don't think there's a wrong way to do it and this idea that black coffee is somehow more grown up or whatever is just silly.

I started drinking black coffee in the military because we just didn't always have access to the cream and sugar, but you could pretty much always get a cup of black sludge. They used to put a pinch of salt in the basket... said it would help with the bitterness. Of course, they used military issue, 5 lbs cans of pre-ground coffee. Nothing you do will ever make that coffee taste less bitter. But once you get used to that stuff, it helps you appreciate a cup of good coffee.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Robert Pattinson has the personality of a parsnip. The movie was pretty good, but that's in spite of Pattinson, not because of him. Best directorial decision they made was to keep him in the mask for 95% of the movie so the stunt doubles could keep things interesting.
Perfect Bruce Wayne, like I said. I've got a similar personality.

Those weren't stunt doubles either...Robert can fight. And he survived COVID before doing this:

Latest Discussions