What's your most controversial, non-political opinion?

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Seriously what's wrong with just light olive oil, lemon, wine, and few herbs.

Pot ash? Pork rinds are a health food by comparison.
Man I'll stick to fish but don't get me wrong my wife will now and again cook pork. I'll eat pork too.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing is dosage is tricky and different strains will produce different side effects. I know you don’t want to smoke but you can vape or better yet try sauce dabs. I hear from a friend that Sauce dabs are the way to go. I can’t indulge but I see nothing wrong with it, particularly used as therapeutics. Give your local grower a call to find out what strains will give best results for your needs. It really is not one size fits all.
Don't vape either. Ingestibles carry the least risk.

There is no way to accurately dose pot. That's one of the big problems with medical applications. Marinol is the only option if you want actual dosing. After 40 years in the ER, I am pretty comfortable with my ability to evaluate the various strains. :)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is dosage is tricky and different strains will produce different side effects. I know you don’t want to smoke but you can vape or better yet try sauce dabs. I hear from a friend that Sauce dabs are the way to go. I can’t indulge but I see nothing wrong with it, particularly used as therapeutics. Give your local grower a call to find out what strains will give best results for your needs. It really is not one size fits all.
I saw plenty of people that had messed up lungs from vaping. Not a good idea. Also saw one where the vape exploded on them, which isn't as uncommon as you'd hope.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What a difference a decade makes. I caught all sorts of heck around here 10 years ago for basically predicting everything that has happened with regards to weed. And now look at us? We're all casually talking about the best way to ingest and dose it. I might try and dig up a few of those old threads if they're still around just to see how close I got it.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
What a difference a decade makes. I caught all sorts of heck around here 10 years ago for basically predicting everything that has happened with regards to weed. And now look at us? We're all casually talking about the best way to ingest and dose it. I might try and dig up a few of those old threads if they're still around just to see how close I got it.

I like to go back and see how folks' opinions evolve over time. :)

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

Mine likely haven’t, but I’m still relatively new here.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

There is no way to accurately dose pot. That's one of the big problems with medical applications. Marinol is the only option if you want actual dosing. After 40 years in the ER, I am pretty comfortable with my ability to evaluate the various strains. :)
I’m sure you have seen it all, which is why I have no desire to work the ED.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score

I only had to get involved when you couldn’t remove the millennium falcon lego set from the rectum(darn near killed em).

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Some of that might be the people posting in there. Saw most of the posts coming from the same 4 posters, and while they're no longer active here I would be shocked to find out that those individuals' views have changed.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Some of that might be the people posting in there. Saw most of the posts coming from the same 4 posters, and while they're no longer active here I would be shocked to find out that those individuals' views have changed.
I hope Ballen and his family are doing well. He came back for a bit and his wife was battling cancer. I got the impression his views on many things had shifted over the last several years. He might still be staunchly anti-weed, but somehow I don't get that impression. That aside, the overton window on weed has shifted significantly and I would expect that many peoples' opinions on whether it should be legalized have softened over the last several years, even if they wouldn't partake themselves.

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay. This will be my last self-indulgent post. But seriously... September 29, 2013 - nailed it:
-Got about 20 states legalized I believe, plus Washington, D.C. Work in progress. Was happy to vote for it in Colorado back in 2010. Don't partake myself but I know lots of people who do, and have seen it do wonders for some. Now I'm in NY and I wish the state would get its act together lol. Becoming less and less a controversy, and that's a good thing.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
-Got about 20 states legalized I believe, plus Washington, D.C. Work in progress. Was happy to vote for it in Colorado back in 2010. Don't partake myself but I know lots of people who do, and have seen it do wonders for some. Now I'm in NY and I wish the state would get its act together lol. Becoming less and less a controversy, and that's a good thing.
Fun fact, Colorado gets a lot of glory, but Washington State was, in fact, the first to legalize recreational weed.

I think it's going to go fast now that the POTUS is pushing to reclassify weed and decriminalize its use.

Jimmythebull

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Fun fact, Colorado gets a lot of glory, but Washington State was, in fact, the first to legalize recreational weed.

I think it's going to go fast now that the POTUS is pushing to reclassify weed and decriminalize its use.
Everyone loves weed on here 🤣 coffee time me thinks...
20221013_092714.jpg

Latest Discussions