What to do if people train too hard

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I suggest if you are not happy and would like more female companions then go elsewhere where you might get better or mixed MMA teaching.

You have to feel safe and comfortable where you train, sometimes its just not the right mix of people for you, if you like this type of sport.

Also a good instructor should pair you up evenly and challenge appropriately not get you hurt.

Although the emphasis is on you as well to accept the situation you get yourself into, take responsibility and develop.

But if you are getting hurt thats bulling don't accept it leave if you cannot resolve it with your instructor privately through a personal consultation and put in place a "Personal Development Plan".

When I was doing Aki-Jitsu we once trained with army soldiers that our sensei specially invited because he was an instructor for the army they were hard fast and rough, its was fun for a while until half way through the night I felt the aches and pains.

I had to take lead and direct the situation differently by slowing it down to help me.

Some times a gentle spoken word ( Like M8 can we slow it down a little its hurting) or a dap into the ribs helps get the message across if they are not listening.

Although you really want to avoid confrontation and make matters worse, amongst people you know and trust its different of course and works better, if they are a stranger they won't care or really know you.

You should go with a guardian or a friend, its also learning how to resolve disputes and conflict, these are skills and discussion points that should be happening regularly at least once a month on club feedback or safety issues etc.

Stuff happens you need to talk to them afterwards and get them to respect you and where you are at a policy of no ego is important.

If that fails leave and let the instructor know there is a problem, they are responsible in the end because a law suit is possible for bodily-harm etc.

Always read the registration contract before you sign and discuss privately.

You may want to wear some head gear and other protection when training it your prerogative to do so.

Well thats all I can think of at the moment that would help anyone in your situation.

Good luck and stay safe.

Last edited:

Latest Discussions