What makes a Martial Art?????

AIKIKENJITSU

Green Belt
Reaction score
Some martial artists get cocky as they get up in rank. I never became that way, I just felt great when working out or when teaching someone. I think it just depends on the person; how he grew up, etc.
Sifu
Puyallup, Wa

zzj

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A corpus of methods and philosophy pertaining to fighting.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What makes a Martial Art? Hmmmm.....

The custom costume helps, as does the way cool noises we tend to make. Then there's all that bowing and discipline and stuff.

Then there's all the fighting where we punch, kick, sweep, throw, choke, crank, lock and basically beat the snot out of each other, all the while trying not to kill ourselves.

Add a good dose of humility, some ice, and away we go.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

The custom costume helps, as does the way cool noises we tend to make. Then there's all that bowing and discipline and stuff.

Then there's all the fighting where we punch, kick, sweep, throw, choke, crank, lock and basically beat the snot out of each other, all the while trying not to kill ourselves.

But what about pointed sticks :D

Unkogami

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Wow, that's embarrassing.

Latest Discussions