Being a good fighter

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nobody said you don't train and no one is upset, the statement was Mr. Parker has experience in ninjutsu so telling to go look at wikipedia is silly, I mean did you see his signature? He has lots of experience and if you click those links you will see it.

No I'm new here. Don't know to to check that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
No ones upset but you are talking bad about a lot of martial arts and then stating you know a lot about one because you've read about it on wikipidea...so yeah people here will call you out on stuff like that because you may have read about it but that means nothing. Unless you've actually trained it you really don't know anything not an insult but just the truth have a nice day

I am thankful he didn't use the classic "I can't find any YT videos showing good (insert fighting style) fighters so it must be horrible."

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol wow:(

No that wasnt aimed at you. There's another poster here who's not done a days training in his life but for the last 6 months or whatever he's been posting stupid questions and acting like he knows everything because he watches videos and insults other instructors and based his knowledge off movies. That's what ironbear was referencing he wasnt saying anything against you. You're nothing like that at least you train. Also don't take things personally here it's all about learning and since there's someone who trains pretty much every style on this board there's going to be lots of different opinions. I read a quote once "put a bunch of people from different religions in a room and they'll all get along great until religion is bought up" same thing with martial arts

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You haven't met those people yet lol. We have a couple as well as the 'my style is best all others are pants' and 'wow I'm sooo good' ones. All part of life's rich tapestry. :D:D:D

Lol. What an interesting app!?!

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
OP Don't feel bad about the pile on. I had to post a crap load of my videos during my first month of being new at MartialTalk. lol. Granted I didn't make the statements that you made, I still got a good thrashing here lol.

Lol wow:(

you'd be surprised about how many people (cough cough) silat and wing chun thread. Anyway welcome to MT, don't worry about getting dog piled on, when it happens it more than likely because of something you did that was dumb, take it as a learning tool. I do dumb things all the time and people here help me realize it, that helps me become a better martial artist and better person in general.

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No that wasnt aimed at you. There's another poster here who's not done a days training in his life but for the last 6 months or whatever he's been posting stupid questions and acting like he knows everything because he watches videos and insults other instructors and based his knowledge off movies. That's what ironbear was referencing he wasnt saying anything against you. You're nothing like that at least you train.

Ohhhhh okay. And that's legitimately funny that someone thinks they can not train and know anything lol.[emoji56]

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
you'd be surprised about how many people (cough cough) silat and wing chun thread. Anyway welcome to MT, don't worry about getting dog piled on, when it happens it more than likely because of something you did that was dumb, take it as a learning tool. I do dumb things all the time and people here help me realize it, that helps me become a better martial artist and better person in general.

Thanks! and I think you are right. Seems like an attitude I should perhaps work on.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohhhhh okay. And that's legitimately funny that someone thinks they can not train and know anything lol.[emoji56]

Wait until you get out into the working world! this is a good place to get used to all sorts of people. :eek:

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Oh yeah it is funny but it's very tiring after a while look at the part where it has most popular threads it's kehcorpz the user and yeah likes been said he refuses to actually go to class and got upset because he emailed an instructor and basically told him his style doesn't work while asking him to train him and got upset when the instructor said no

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Oh yeah it is funny but it's very tiring after a while look at the part where it has most popular threads it's kehcorpz the user and yeah likes been said he refuses to actually go to class and got upset because he emailed an instructor and basically told him his style doesn't work while asking him to train him and got upset when the instructor said no

Dang lol. Does he try to pretend like he knows martial arts? Or is he stupid enough to to be straight up about not knowing anything and post on here? and I would look but I have no clue how lol.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score

Kehcorpz, : According to YouTube your style is ****! Want to train me?

Instructor: No.

Kehcorpz: WHYYYYYYY!!!!????? You charlatan you! You are just in it for the money! You greedy dirty man you!

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dang lol. Does he try to pretend like he knows martial arts? Or is he stupid enough to to be straight up about not knowing anything and post on here? and I would look but I have no clue how lol.

No he claims to know nothing and looking for training but then talks about all the stuff he's seen online and says he has basic understanding because of it and just go on the main forum and go to most popular posts there's a few of his stuff there then look on his profile if you want to see more

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score

Yes, he makes statements about martial arts styles purely based on what he has looked up on YouTube. He also said Judo sucks for self defense when he has zero experience with Judo.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Kehcorpz, : According to YouTube your style is ****! Want to train me?

Instructor: No.

Kehcorpz: WHYYYYYYY!!!!????? You charlatan you! You are just in it for the money! You greedy dirty man you!
Don't forget this one

"He goes on summer holidays and doesn't teach on Christmas Day he can't be a real instructor

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score

Just a small side note, I started participating in this forum a couple months ago. I literally just had a couple questions about some challenges my club was having. Turns out this is one of the coolest forums there is. it's incredibly informative and has helped me better myself as Martial Artist. I was very fortunate to stumble across Martial Talk.

Ironbear24

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't forget this one

"He goes on summer holidays and doesn't teach on Christmas Day he can't be a real instructor

Gasp! What a monster! How dare he take time off on Christmas Day to spend time with his or her family! What a greedy SOB! His or her life should be entirely dedicated to teaching me! Afterall that is the very reason why they exist in the first place.

Latest Discussions