Being a good fighter

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yes, he makes statements about martial arts styles purely based on what he has looked up on YouTube. He also said Judo sucks for self defense when he has zero experience with Judo.

Lololol. That's funny. Before he says something sucks he should at least try it. That'd be like saying cheeseburgers suck when I never ate a cheeseburger. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Gasp! What a monster! How dare he take time off on Christmas Day to spend time with his or her family! What a greedy SOB! His or her life should be entirely dedicated to teaching me! Afterall that is the very reason why they exist in the first place.

Lmao!! Wtf ... Hahahahaha

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just a small side note, I started participating in this forum a couple months ago. I literally just had a couple questions about some challenges my club was having. Turns out this is one of the coolest forums there is. it's incredibly informative and has helped me better myself as Martial Artist. I was very fortunate to stumble across Martial Talk.

That's awesome. Hope it helps me

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
No he claims to know nothing and looking for training but then talks about all the stuff he's seen online and says he has basic understanding because of it and just go on the main forum and go to most popular posts there's a few of his stuff there then look on his profile if you want to see more

Lol. Honestly he seems like a troll. Either that or an idiot. Kind of hard to judge a martial art if you're not trained in it haha, specially since he's trained in absolutely nothing

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're right. I just went off of what my Friend told me who's a kick boxer but assuming he's wrong I'll try to edit my post. Sorry

I'm a bit late to the party here, but you apologize too much :p

You haven't done anything on here that needs an apology or an attitude change, many members on this site will generally just bombard the people who do not know Martial Talk's specific forum etiquette, which you have no way of knowing.

And this has been said, but bears repeating: don't worry about whether we are more skilled, experienced or could beat you in a sparring match or fight or whatever. Only concern for most of us is "does the person have valid experience in what they are talking about, or can I trust their information if they do not?", which is the cause of most of the questioning for you and almost any new person to the site, and it's the only attitude change that I would suggest you adopt, if you wish to.

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Lol yeah that's a bit exaggerating it but that's the basic way he is he you are here's some of his just for a taster lol but be warned after a few minutes reading its tempting to want to bang your head against something I think this here is way better than wing chun

Really discouraged!

Wow I can't believe he would get on here lol. I got on this app to talk to other martial arts guys who could teach me a thing or two and then he's gonna get involved. Oh no[emoji87][emoji85]

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm a bit late to the party here, but you apologize too much :p

You haven't done anything on here that needs an apology or an attitude change, many members on this site will generally just bombard the people who do not know Martial Talk's specific forum etiquette, which you have no way of knowing.

And this has been said, but bears repeating: don't worry about whether we are more skilled, experienced or could beat you in a sparring match or fight or whatever. Only concern for most of us is "does the person have valid experience in what they are talking about, or can I trust their information if they do not?", which is the cause of most of the questioning for you and almost any new person to the site, and it's the only attitude change that I would suggest you adopt, if you wish to.

Okay thnx for letting me know. And yes I would like to change my attitude. Using this app a bit makes me want to become more knowledgable about martial arts and not close minded. I just try to be polite.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow I can't believe he would get on here lol. I got on this app to talk to other martial arts guys who could teach me a thing or two and then he's gonna get involved. Oh no[emoji87][emoji85]

Nah he doesn't really comment much on other people's stuff just stays in his own little bubble of his own threads. Just remember the name and laugh at his advice

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Nah he doesn't really comment much on other people's stuff just stays in his own little bubble of his own threads. Just remember the name and laugh at his advice

Lol. I definitely will. There is also this guy called "Martialartstutor" on YouTube and he bashes basically every martial art. Maybe do some of you guys will like him or hate him but he's not someone who's trained in many styles according to what he says.

Azulx

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol. I definitely will. There is also this guy called "Martialartstutor" on YouTube and he bashes basically every martial art. Maybe do some of you guys will like him or hate him but he's not someone who's trained in many styles according to what he says

Those guys get made fun of a lot on here . haha

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol. I definitely will. There is also this guy called "Martialartstutor" on YouTube and he bashes basically every martial art. Maybe do some of you guys will like him or hate him but he's not someone who's trained in many styles according to what he says.

That guy is hilarious! Every once in a while when I am drunk, I will watch his videos and laugh. I may do that tonight actually..it's been a while.

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

That's the thing with the Internet everyone can say they're a grandmaster the beauty of this site is you try that here it's obvious very quickly who's real or who's talking sh*t

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
lol I figured as much. Can't stop laughing lol. I love to watch their videos for a good laugh[emoji81]

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That guy is hilarious! Every once in a while when I am drunk, I will watch his videos and laugh. I may do that tonight actually..it's been a while.

Lol[emoji81][emoji81][emoji81] they are funny but idk how legit they are

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
That's the thing with the Internet everyone can say they're a grandmaster the beauty of this site is you try that here it's obvious very quickly who's real or who's talking sh*t

Yeah that's true. People who lie about martial arts haven't done enough research. If someone told me they did Taekwondo I might say "What's your favorite form?" And if they don't even know then Ima be like "not legit" lol

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well, he claims to be a 4th degree black belt in TKD (and I believe claims to teach it), while at the same time bashing TKD. That's really all I need to know credential-wise.

Haha. Right. That sounds fishy. He also complains about "useless forms" not understanding what they're intended to do. Now maybe I'm wrong I'm sure you know better than I do but to me forms teach how to block correctly. I asked my master "do you think forms could work in real combat" and he said "absolutely"

Kickboxer101

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Haha. Right. That sounds fishy. He also complains about "useless forms" not understanding what they're intended to do. Now maybe I'm wrong I'm sure you know better than I do but to me forms teach how to block correctly. I asked my master "do you think forms could work in real combat" and he said "absolutely"

To me forms are like shaddow boxing you probably won't use those exact moves in that order but it's a way to practice putting things together

OP
FlamingJulian

FlamingJulian

Blue Belt
Reaction score
To me forms are like shaddow boxing you probably won't use those exact moves in that order but it's a way to practice putting things together

Yeah that's kind of what I'm saying. And I think it helps build muscle memory. At least for me I think it did. Me and my brother are good training partners and we punch and kick each other constantly and we both have an instant block reflex. I'm guessing it's forms but I wouldn't know yet.