What fiction book are you currently reading?

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Fool's Assassin by Robin Hobb. the first book in a new trilogy by one of my favorite writers

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished "The Samurai Inheritance" which is not actually about Samurai overall. Now starting "Silencer" by Andy McNab.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading James Pattersons Private series. It's a Sam Spade-ish detective series.

Reedone816

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I love detective novels. After finishing up harry bosch series i have my hand on, i currently reading mongo the magnificient detective series.
It is a twist in private eyes novel since it is including conspiracy teories that dwell on psychics and a dwaf karate blackbelt who was a circus tumbler who currently a univ prof in criminology and private eye who happens to have a private line to us president.
Sent from my RM-943_apac_indonesia_207 using Tapatalk

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Reading Swan Song by McCammon. Read it in the nineties, enjoying it even more this time.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Reading The Companions by R.A. Salvatore. It is the first novel in a series written by different authors.
I have heard it may be one of the best novels written by Salvatore.

Peterloom

White Belt
Reaction score
I just finished reading an amazing book called The Last Umbra by M.R Chavez. He has a unique take on the Japanese culture by bringing a samurai warrior to early California. The book is full of action that kept me entertained from beginning to end.

A Historical Adventure, Action-thriller. It is focused on the admiration for the Japanese warrior class. This book tells of not a pride filled Samurai, but instead, a ninja assassin on a quest in gold-rush era California.

If anyone want to check it out you can find it here.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Umbra-M-R-Chavez-ebook/dp/B00W01KUD4

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just finished 'The Way of Kings' by Brandon Sanderson, onto the second volume Words of Radiance.

Would have to rate it in my top 10 of all time books, it contained great story line and the psychology and philosophy found throughout was very clever.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Reading Centennial (Michner) for the umpteenth time.

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
Thinking of buying "Stretching scientifically" by Thomas Kurtz.....pretty much fiction in my case.....

Lexx

White Belt
Reaction score
The brotherhood of the Rose by David Morrell it's a trilogy next part The fraternity of stone followed by the league of night and fog I have read and reread a few times love these books

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
finished 'The Help'
didn't follow through on 'The End Of Eternity' (I am guessing I will get around to it in the future - or past ;) )

JMikeG

White Belt
Reaction score
Not currently reading it, but I always recommend 'The Name of The Wind', and it's sequel 'The Wise Man's Fear' to everyone who asks for a book. Anyone who is a fan of Game of Thrones, Lord of The Rings, or anything like that will love this series. One of the best I've ever read.

UqaabKamikaze

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Started Steven Pressfield's Gate of fire. I a, new to this auther. Can anyone name any book on Miyamoto Musashi's biographical novel.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am reading one called THE BIG HEAD by Edward Lee...a really disgusting horror novel. It is like a rite of passage for fans of the genre. In fact, I think I heard somewhere that he purposely set out to write the grossest book ever. Yet somehow, it doesn't read like trash fiction. The writing is actually quite good.

UqaabKamikaze

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Oh, I finished Gates of fire and currently halfway through Virtues of War by Steven pressfield.

I would rather feel pain than nothing at all.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
THE SCARLET GOSPELS by Clive Barker.

I had yesterday off from work, and I tore through one third of the book in one day. The only thing slowing me down today is this job!!!

Latest Discussions