What are you hiding in your car?

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey no one has yet answered weather or not you think it should be legal to carry your martial art weapons with you in your car. Do you think that is a right that we (MA) should or should not have?

In my state, it is legal to carry MA weapons in your car, provided they are there for when you work out at the dojo. How do you prove this, one may ask? In my state, you have to make two or more gross movements to reach it. For example, an expandable baton in your gym bag in the back seat is OK. In the side pocket of the door beside your seat is not.

SeanKerby

Orange Belt
Reaction score
You don't have the security clearance for what I keep in my car....Just kidding. Well no I'm not. At one point I had a .45, a katana, and a couple of really big custom knives.

Taiji_Mantis

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I drive a full size van, so the fact I carry 6-8 foot opera spears isn't really a "hiding" thing per se. In addition to spears, in the mound of crap I have in the back you may find at any given time:

Hard hats
Arnis canes
Goggles
Glow sticks
Emergency Blankets
Flashlights
Duct Tape
Multi tool
Reflective vest
Vinyl gloves
Heavy work gloves
Bandage shears
Tactical Folder
Red Cross First Aid kit
Stethascope
Wrenches
Utility shutoff tool
Prybar
hatchet
Spare magazines
Glock 22
Broadswords
Butterfly Swords
Grappling gloves
Telescoping baton
Pepper Spray
Pepper Spray inert training units
.40 cal jacketed hollowpoints
.38 cal wadcutters
.357 jacketed hollowpoints

I have a big box in the back next to the jack :)

As far as whether or not we should be allowed to carry our MA stuff, where I live, the police have never said anything to me about the MA equipment. I cant imagine being taken seriously if I came out of the van trying to grab a 7 foot piece of rosewood with a metal point and bright red horsehair tassel. I would be tazed on sight just for being silly.

hpulley

Orange Belt
Reaction score
That's not a bo, jo or escrima stick, that's a curtain rod! ;-) My car's small so they don't fit in the trunk...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I always have a cane in the back seat as well as my PR-24...That and my Sig....

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I usually just have my Cold Steel AK-47 Folder and a bunch of tech stuff. GPS unit, cell phone charger, IPOD video , radar detector LOL .

Frostbite

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I carry a SOG Pentagon on me pretty much wherever I go and in between my door and the driver's seat I keep a pair of slip joint pliers. They actually do double duty because the handle for my hood release popped off. :rolleyes:

Sabo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, I love traditional weaponry but in my ole truck there is always my trusty Springfield 1911 :ultracool 380 is usually in the back pocket or on the ankle. I had an instructor tell me once when I was a white belt that "the invention of gun powder laid to rest many a good martial artists."

HOSHIN!

Nolo_Ferratus

White Belt
Reaction score
Since you ask I have a small rattan stick under my car seat. I was once brutally attacked by a much larger person who was stupid enough to approach me when I was standing by my car with the door open. Although I could have grabbed the medieval dagger under my seat I instead decided to use my tire drop down tube. The assault charges against me were dropped after it came out that the police had misreported the hollow tube as being a tire iron and also it was found by private investigation that the person who had attacked me was in fact making up everything he had said. In my opinion one should always carry a weapon in their car for self defence as long as they have been trained to use it. I'm sorry but empty handed techniques are not hugely effective against people with heads the size of large coconuts particularly if your only a welterweight as I am or someone even lighter. The lesson I learned is that the police don't seem to approve of self defense.

KP.

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Reachable from my front seat I have an escape tool: a blade for cutting seatbelts and a metal point for breaking glass which is securely attached to the side of my seat.

In the back/bed I have:

• Vehicle Roadside Assistance Kit
    • General Tools
      • screwdrivers
      • ratchets
      • pliers
      • Hammer
      • Acetate Torch
      • Duct Tape
      • Electrical Tape
    • Fluids
      • Oil
      • Antifreeze
      • extra fuel
    • Vehicle Rescue Tools
      • Shovel
      • Tow Strap
      • Tire tools and Jack
      • Ice Melt
      • Road Flares
      • Pre-paid cell phone
      • 50' of climbing rope
      • 8 locking carabiners
      • Self-belay/ascender
      • Hand Axe
  • Medical Emergency Kit
    • Coast Guard First Aid Kit for 25 people
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Trach Kit[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Suture Kit[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]O2 Kit with extra regulators and masks
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Extra forcepts, tubing, guaze, sterile sponges, etc.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]inflatable neck brace[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]heat pack/body warmers[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]space blanket[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]tarp[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]2 12' folding carbon-fiber staffs
      [/FONT]
  • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Survival Kit[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]24 MRE's[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]1 Gallon of potable water[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Water purification filter pump with extra filter[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Multi-tool knife[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]GPS Emergency beacon[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Entrenching tool[/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica]Water proof matches & 12 fire starters
      [/FONT]
    • [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Helvetica].44 handgun with laser sight & box of ammo[/FONT]
I think that's it ... might be missing something, but nothing important in that list.

I need to get a portable defibrillator, but otherwise I'm pretty confident I can handle anything I need to from my vehicle.

CDKJudoka

Purple Belt
Reaction score
In the trunk:

Aluminium Baseball bat and glove
One Piece United Cutlery Ninja-to Machete
United Cutlery USARA Combat Fixed Blade Knife

In My Pocket:

Combat Folder - Depends on my mood and whether I am going to work or somewhere else.

In the Glovebox:

SIG P226 Custom .45 ACP with 2 extra mags.

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
A four cell Maglite. I also have a 28 inch piece of 1/2 inch diameter steel pipe that I use as a poking stick for when I go geocaching.

I don't have any weapons, though.

:wink1::wink1:

kfkid1

White Belt
Reaction score
some kali sticks.

but thats only because i keep forgeting to take them out.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
150 lumen hellfighter x12
xd .45 or benelli supernova tactical 12ga
2 fixed blades and a folder
zip ties ;)

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I never drive anywhere without my purse on the floor beside me. In my purse one might find a Kubiton, which might appear to be a pen made of 70/75 t6 aluminum.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dirty ashtray. If my attacker is a non-smoker, he's going to be mighty offended.

redhawk44357

White Belt
Reaction score
I know this is old, but.................a machete, broken flashlight (2-D cell) wink wink, a couple of pellet guns (avid shooter), mace and working flashlight, 2 tire knockers (truck driver) plus tools and shovels, rope, etc. in bed.

Latest Discussions