What do you carry in your car? for protection?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, that and it helps fill in any extra holes and crevices left by amateur digging ;)

Don, why do you always go for the complicated high-tech, high-carbon footprint solution?

Pigs are much more eco-friendly. They recycle embarrassing cadavers without all those nasty diesel fumes. Instead of spending money you can make money off the whole thing.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't help it. John Travolta in Face Off.

Just after he rescues "his" daughter from being raped:

Castor Troy: Do you have protection?
Jamie Archer: Protection? You mean like condoms?
Castor Troy: No. [Pulls out balisong and flips it around] Protection. Next time, let Carl drop his pants, slip this in his thigh, turn it. That way the wound won't close...

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well, that and it helps fill in any extra holes and crevices left by amateur digging ;)

Don, why do you always go for the complicated high-tech, high-carbon footprint solution?

Pigs are much more eco-friendly. They recycle embarrassing cadavers without all those nasty diesel fumes. Instead of spending money you can make money off the whole thing.
I've always had friends and family who owned backhoes. I just go with the resources I have available, and we don't keep pigs...

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh, I'd never heard that one. (We've always used backhoes... ;) )

You keep wild animals away with backhoes? I'd like to watch that rodeo!

After you dig the hole, drop the (in our case, horse) in, you put kitty litter around the critter to absorb the smell and keep other hungry critters from disturbing our beloved pony.

Then you can cover it up with a backhoe, or pig, or whatever you want to cover it with.

Gordon Nore

Senior Master
Reaction score
You'd be amazed at what you can squeeze into a Hyundai five-door...

ninja-biglift.gif

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Cell phone and one escrima stick by the seat. Don't ever look for trouble, but if someone came after me with my daughter in the car and couldn't just hand over the car or a wallet, I would do whatever it took to protect us.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
First of all, don't forget that the best weapon is the car itself...2,000 lbs. at 35 miles an hour hits pretty hard :D

aside from that:
- neck-knife hanging from the RV-mirror (among other stuff so it's not obvious). This can serve double duty as a weapon or to get out of a seat-belt

- 2-D Maglight in the seat-pocket of the passenger seat.

- .357 magnum in the center console (faster than getting the seat-belt off and drawing the glock off my hip ;))

I also carry a trauma-kit in the seat-pocket of the drivers seat for fixing stuff.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
besides a light BOB w/ knife inside, I keep my Cold Steel SF Shovel in the back seat. Better than a hatchet in most situations that don't involve cutting wood.

shujika

White Belt
Reaction score
Hmmmm,...not a lot of gun enthusiests here LOL. Well, I am. I've got my Glock 21 in my console, and a folding knife in the door pocket.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hmmmm,...not a lot of gun enthusiests here LOL. Well, I am. I've got my Glock 21 in my console, and a folding knife in the door pocket.

I don't leave a gun in the car. If it's not on me it's locked up in the gun safe.

blackrock

White Belt
Reaction score
I don't carry weapons per say but I think it's important to have something around that can be an improvised weapon if needed. I live in Arizona and we've had a rash of highway shootings and other violent crimes.

Obviously there isn't much you can do if someone decides to pull up and just shoot you for no reason but I keep a screwdriver in the little pocket on the side of the car door. Mainly it's a useful tool to have around but if I felt I needed it I know it's there and can access it quickly.

I used to keep a mini bat in the car when I was a teenager. One that's about 18 inches that the stadiums give out for free at games. It was basically a billy club.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the highly effective "LEAD FOOT"?
Running away is a valid method of self defense, so valid the US military requires it's members to be able to run far enough away in a minimum amount of time.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the highly effective "LEAD FOOT"?
Running away is a valid method of self defense, so valid the US military requires it's members to be able to run far enough away in a minimum amount of time.
Well maybe the French military requires good fitness so they can run away but I doubt that's the reason for the U.S. military's standards.

Explorer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Brain (set to AWARENESS mode), Cell Phone, flashlight, hot coffee, gas pedal, pocket knife, various firearms (1911, Baby Eagle, Snub Nosed Revolver, Kel-Tec) depending on what I'm wearing ...

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
The same weapons I carry away from my car:
hands, feet, and brain.

Latest Discussions