What are you hiding in your car?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could argue that a dagger is for work :D yeah see what you mean.

Stage and screen fight arranger? Though you'd have to have more than one dagger, Lady Macbeth impersonator?

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Naturally my car is equipped with radar tracker, revolving license plate, rear bulletproof shield, forward machine guns, smoke and oil slick sprayers, spinner hubcaps that doubles as tire slashers and passenger ejector seat.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naturally my car is equipped with radar tracker, revolving license plate, rear bulletproof shield, forward machine guns, smoke and oil slick sprayers, spinner hubcaps that doubles as tire slashers and passenger ejector seat.

You can fit all that in a Volvo?

Flatfish

Black Belt
Reaction score
A gym bag full of sweaty socks........the ultimate deadly weapon.....

BeeBrian

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you guys or girls keep some type of martial art weapon in your car. I know a few people who keep escrima sticks under the front seat in their car. (Shh, yea, yea I know police don't like it!) Anyway in GA, I believe, if you have some type of weapon (unless licensed) it must be put out of reach of the driver: trunk, glove box ect. My instructor has been stopped by the police and got in trouble for this very thing (he was transporting some of the studio's practice weapons from one place to another in his back seat).

Another thing, you feel it should be allowed to be able to carry yur martial art weapons with you?

lol. The kind of weapons that I plan on buying are the really flashy, impractical ones. They are only practical if you actually go to war where nobody has a gun.

Examples: Napoleonic straight saber, flanged mace, warhammer, aspis (shield), traditional British longbow, claymore...

Honestly though, I think there should be a law established in all countries that anyone over the age of 21 with no violent history be allowed to carry any nonfirearm weapon they want to. Let the authorities handle the SMGs and Panzers but for crying out loud I wanna show of my badass katana! Freedom of cultural expression!

Shajikfer

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering how many of you guys or girls keep some type of martial art weapon in your car. I know a few people who keep escrima sticks under the front seat in their car. (Shh, yea, yea I know police don't like it!) Anyway in GA, I believe, if you have some type of weapon (unless licensed) it must be put out of reach of the driver: trunk, glove box ect. My instructor has been stopped by the police and got in trouble for this very thing (he was transporting some of the studio's practice weapons from one place to another in his back seat).

Another thing, you feel it should be allowed to be able to carry yur martial art weapons with you?

Huh, in Virginia you can carry practice weapons in the backseat. I've been stopped and no one said a thing. I don't know if that's changed... I'm in Maryland atm.

Back when I had a car I kept a pair of nunchucks in the glove box, but that was more for comedy than anything else. I usually always have my knife on me.

I'm gunna say it; I keep rims in my backseat XD

crazydiamond

Purple Belt
Reaction score
The usual - best to be prepared for anything.
53a19d7445eaa.image.jpg

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey no one has yet answered weather or not you think it should be legal to carry your martial art weapons with you in your car. Do you think that is a right that we (MA) should or should not have?
I did partially. Anything that is carried "with intent" is going to get you in trouble if you use it.

albeaver

White Belt
Reaction score
I have a pair of Sai in my car (only when I'm in it because I try to practice with them a lot), a Bo (yeah I know won't really help but it's there) a pair of Kama (same as Sai)

albeaver

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey no one has yet answered weather or not you think it should be legal to carry your martial art weapons with you in your car. Do you think that is a right that we (MA) should or should not have?

If you can not carry them in your car how can you transport them to and from a dojo, or a tournament (if you are so inclined to do weapons kata). Also how could they be delivered to your house via FedEx (or what ever postal service you so choice to use). Yes I think it should be legal to carry them in a car, and in public. I see no reason not to. I will be willing to change my view if I saw a major reason.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a good sturdy benchmade pocket knife but that's mostly to cut the seatbelts. Actually at any given time I usually have three knives on my person so.... yeah... and that doesn't include the one in my car.

Latest Discussions