What would you do in this situation?

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you are in that type of situation, STAB, cutting isnt what I would recommend. Anywhere from the head to the torso would do just fine. Repeat as necessary.

Stab, cut, butterfly, fillet, fricasse, chop, bone and blend.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was watching a show on E! today that talked about this guy in Arizona who kidnapped two girls at gunpoint and raped them. He then proceeded to tie them both up and put them in the back seat of his Bronco truck.

He pulled his car over into a desolate area and fell asleep in the driver's seat while these girls are alive and awake in the back seat with a bowie knife that he forgot was in the car. One of the girls managed to get free and stabbed the guy in the neck while he was sleeping.

If you were in this situation and had only one chance to kill the maniac who kidnapped you, where would you stab him? Keep in mind that the kidnapper, although sleeping, had two guns on his person.

I ask this because the stab to the neck did not kill the kidnapper....he managed to drive the car away and finally got into a shootout with police during which time he was shot and killed.

If I was with someone else and in the back seat and the other person might make too much noise if I cut them free, I would attack and attack. If it was me knowing he had a gun in the front seat say by his leg or in his hand.

I would stab him in the eye. I know it might be a hard target, but it is where I would start. I would start with the precision attack first then I would drop it down to the mouth and try to rip out the check and tongue. Then I would make the next stab into the throat. I attack his eyes his mouth and his throat. I try to make this not only physically an atack but also an emotional one in that someone with metal in their brain and missing an eye and have their face hanigng open and then their neck cut open and with me continuing to move.

If could free the person with me first and then get them ready to run, then I would attack and have them run and not look back. If I make it I will be behind them close enough. If I do not stopping is not going to help me, I have made the choice get free and tell someone.

Of course as my friend "G" has stated based upon this being me with my knowledge and skill set and capabilities and I was in this position.

A bowie knife. Hm. They come in various lengths but the term is often used to describe a longer, larger blade than 6" or 8."

Given:
  • I have the knowledge I currently actually possess
  • The bowie is reasonably sharp
  • I have a partner
  • We have managed to unfetter ourselves
  • ******* is sleeping
Partner would use shirt, long sock, bra to pull and hold *******'s head flush against the headrest while I cut across his body - across and through his left bicep, torso and right bicep in (hopefully) one swipe - this would incapacitate his arms, hopefully, grab a firearm and hold it to his head. Partner can escape or get the other then escape followed by me.

My problem with a slit throat is that it doesn't often mean fast death unless there is spinal cord damage such that the recipient is paralyzed and thus incapacitated.

But in all seriousness - these girls fought back and good for them. If I'm going down, I'll do everything I can to make sure that ******* never forgets me.

I agree if they could work together as a unti it would have been real good. Here is what I imagine. One is free. Not much time to react. Not much time to think. Cut the other person free. Ok, not knowing how to get the gun, or wanting to fight for it being women who most likely (* not always *) smaller and with less strength and even if they have the strength they are not in the position to have strength for their frame. The guy in the front seat can close up and have a strong frame and turn, break the gun free and shoot you.

I can see quick interaction of going for the door and stabbing down into the neck not worrying about death but worrying about getting the door open and getting out and away.

I think they did well to react at all.

Ian Demagii

White Belt
Reaction score
I insert the knife forcefully deep into the back of his neck just under the skull. The primary thing is to prevent him from using the guns. Then I grab for a gun, and if I get it, I empty the clip/chamber.

I would probably avoid shooting him in the brain as it would be construed as an intentional kill-legal ramifications in my state.

Ian

thardey

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I insert the knife forcefully deep into the back of his neck just under the skull. The primary thing is to prevent him from using the guns. Then I grab for a gun, and if I get it, I empty the clip/chamber.

I would probably avoid shooting him in the brain as it would be construed as an intentional kill-legal ramifications in my state.

Ian

Shooting in the brain is an intentional kill, but emptying the clip at close range isn't?

Is the question what would I do in this situation, or what would I do if I was a 15 year old girl with little or no training?

Because I would have guaranteed that if he did manage to get me in the back of his Blazer in the first place, he wouldn't be comfortable enough to fall asleep in the second.

:)

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ian Demagii said:

so severing the brainstem is ok, shooting him in the brain is not? :rolleyes:

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Construed as intent to kill? Hell, yes. Under the circumstances it is entirely warranted and the only reasonable option. If there was ever an "immediate danger of death or serious bodily injury", "in fear for my life, I had no other choice" or any other standard a raped, brutalized fifteen year old girl taking her one chance to stop her rapist and future murderer fits it. I can't imagine a prosecutor trying to get an indictment or a cop failing to screw up the arrest on some vital technicality. Much less a judge letting it go past "Case dismissed! And I want a word with that numbskull of a DA."

Ian Demagii

White Belt
Reaction score
Using the knife was to escape. Would you severe the spinal column? That is in doubt- especially under stress. Shooting him in the head afterwards is a different thing.

I asked a policeman in my state about self defense shootings, and he said that they do not ever shoot anyone in the head in Ohio as it constitutes an intentional killing. My state is not a "stand your ground state."

Ian

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
Police are not lawyers. They (often) understand the parts of the law that affect their jobs. They are not experts on the law in general, and many aren't clear about the distinction between the law and their departmental policies. If you want legal advice go to an attorney. Or do what every serious self defenser, martial artist or firearms owner should do. Take LFI-1.

I'm not an attorney, and you'd be a fool to take my opinion on anything relating to the legal system. But if I understand things correctly there are times when the law understands that taking human life is necessary. This is true even in "Duty to Retreat" States. In those cases you have to weigh the risks of possible legal consequences against the real immediate risk of having being the victim of a horrible crime right now.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Using the knife was to escape. Would you severe the spinal column? That is in doubt- especially under stress. Shooting him in the head afterwards is a different thing.

I asked a policeman in my state about self defense shootings, and he said that they do not ever shoot anyone in the head in Ohio as it constitutes an intentional killing. My state is not a "stand your ground state."

Ian

Your knowledge of anatomy is astounding...