We Were Bored.....

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
So we decided to kill someone.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...lian-ballplayer-prompts-threats-boycotts?lite

Anonymous threats against a local high school and calls for a travel boycott by Australians to the United States came Tuesday after three Oklahoma teens were charged in the random shooting of a college baseball player jogging down a tree-lined street.
Christopher Lane, 22, a native of Melbourne, Australia, and a rising senior at East Central University, was gunned down Friday in Duncan, Okla. Police said one of the teens charged in the case said the boys "were bored" and didn’t have anything to do, so they decided to kill somebody.
James Francis Edwards Jr., 15, and Chancey Allen Luna, 16, were charged with murder. A third teenager, Michael Dewayne Jones, 17, was charged with being an accessory to murder after the fact and with firing a weapon. All were charged as adults, according to the Stephens County District Attorney’s Office.

If we're lucky, these 3 pieces of ****, will rot in a prison cell for many, many years. I mean really...what the hell goes thru someones mind, to do something like this? Because you're bored? Oh, I'm sure we'll hear how their fatherless or some other BS excuse, but I'm sorry, lacking a parent is NO excuse for something like this, and furthermore, their parents failed, big time, in raising these kids. Oh I have to wonder....where's Jesse, Al, and the rest of the idiots that were crying foul with Zimmerman and Martin?

I could think of a dozen things that these dirt bags could be doing, if they're that bored.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I saw this on the news this morning and it is just sickening.

One of these dirt bags allegedly was laughing when arrested

Also note Oklahoma does have a death penalty

OP
M

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.courant.com/news/breaking/la-na-nn-oklahoma-australia-20130820,0,5096970.story

Jennifer Luna, whose son reportedly is one of the suspects, told ABC in Australia that she didn't think he was involved.

Denial! Of course no parent wants to believe their kid did something wrong.

"I know in my heart that he did not pull the trigger but if he had anything to do with it, yes he does need to be punished," she said.

Damn right he needs to be punished! Oh, and it doesnt matter if he pulled the trigger or not. The fact that he was in the car makes him just as guilty as the others!

"I don't believe he needs a life sentence or a death penalty. That's my baby boy. It would kill me if my son got that kind of sentence."

He doesn't need a life sentence or dp? Oh really? Gee, seems like nobody in the car seemed to care much about giving this poor guy a death sentence. Sorry Jenn....your son, along with the other 2 pieces of trash, need to be locked up for a long time.

She told ABC that her son had been acting normally on the day of the shooting.
"He seemed like he always was, he told me he loved me. Then he said he was going to go and hang out, it's the same thing every day," she told ABC. "He didn't act no different than any other day.

Hmm...I wonder what her idea of normal is.

Every kid likes to fight but as far as getting in trouble, he's never been in trouble."

Really? Every kid likes to fight? Sooo....what do you call fighting...not getting into trouble??

I wonder if Jenn would have such a relaxed attitude if someone beat the hell out of her kid.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
So we decided to kill someone.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...lian-ballplayer-prompts-threats-boycotts?lite

If we're lucky, these 3 pieces of ****, will rot in a prison cell for many, many years. I mean really...what the hell goes thru someones mind, to do something like this? Because you're bored? Oh, I'm sure we'll hear how their fatherless or some other BS excuse, but I'm sorry, lacking a parent is NO excuse for something like this, and furthermore, their parents failed, big time, in raising these kids. Oh I have to wonder....where's Jesse, Al, and the rest of the idiots that were crying foul with Zimmerman and Martin?

I could think of a dozen things that these dirt bags could be doing, if they're that bored.

Jesse, Al and the rest of thost idiots are keeping quiet cause there is no way they can attempt to justify what those dirtbags did and that's the only reason they come out from under thier rocks is when they think they can sway folks to their cause and stir the pot.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Jesse, Al and the rest of thost idiots are keeping quiet cause there is no way they can attempt to justify what those dirtbags did and that's the only reason they come out from under thier rocks is when they think they can sway folks to their cause and stir the pot.

Looked like one of the little thugs didnt belong into their clientel anyhow...

But Momma sounded about like that moron making excuses for the Auburn shooter, not a word of regret, pity or sympathy for the mother's of the victims, but the poor shooter's momma, not having her baby home....

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry Jenn....your son, along with the other 2 pieces of trash, need to be locked up for a long time.

I would amend that to read "Publically removed from existence". Prison sentences are for those for which there is a chance of reform after which they will no longer be a danger to the society of which they are nominally a part. Committing murder because you are bored? That sounds like a clear and present danger to anyone around you and there is only one effective response to that sort of threat.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This is a horrible story, but maybe we should wait for convictions before we start calling for executions.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True :nods:. As ever, when I speak forcibly for the death penalty (swiftly employed) it is always with the understanding that 'reasonable doubt' has been effectively shown not to be present.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What in a childs upbringing/environment/influences leads to this???

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
An obvious lack of empathy or respect for the value of human life.....

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If I knew I'd write a book and go on speaking tour Steve. ;)

It seems to pop up often enough to appear systemic. But I suppose the question is have the percentages of people who do this increased over the years or not? This type of thing (random murder) isn't new.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Starkweather

..but this.

Starkweather at least had a twisted logic for the killings. Anger at a GF's family..trying to obtain money or cars....etc...but this? Boredom?

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a possible profile of one of the mother's of the shooters. If she is actually the mother, she is in jail now and serving a decades long sentence. I believe what you have here is generations of children raising children without the input of an adult. I think this erodes empathy, compassion, self-control and the other emotions that keep one person from injuring or killing other people. As a child, if these emotions aren't modeled for you or toward you, I don't think that in most cases the emotions will become part of who you are. Take the worst parts of a young, immature teenager, then put them in charge of a new born baby, with no adult guidance or supervision...and you have the recipe for stone cold killers in the shell of young teenagers.

Girls do this as well, just not in the same numbers.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
For some odd reason the White House is silent on this possibly racially motivated killing of an unarmed student...who was just jogging...

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/21/white-house-spokesman-not-familiar-with-chris-lane-murder/

“This sounds like a pretty tragic case. I wouldn’t want to get ahead of the legal process here and it’s clear that law enforcement officials are involved and are investigating,” Earnest said. “But any act of violence is something that — the president I think himself has spoken pretty eloquently about violence in our communities and he stood at this podium a few weeks ago where he talked about his concern about the impact that violence is having on, in particular, young people in this country.”
Henry pressed Earnest, noting that the President spoke about slain teen Trayvon Martin in the Rose Garden and in the briefing room.
“Why hasn’t [the president] spoken out about this? In this case, you said there was a judicial proceeding. There was one in the Trayvon Martin case. He spoke out extensively on that one,” Henry said.
“There are some people in this room I don’t thing who would agree with you that the president spoke out extensively on it,” Earnest responded.

Latest Discussions