Video talking about the hyperextension that can occur with the oblique kick

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When you see me sparing you will always see me aim this kick at the shins. The reason why is because I can't predict with 100% certainty that my opponent will move in such a way that would minimize the effects of an oblique kick. Last year I posted a video of an accident sweep where my opponent decided to come in with a hope. My original intention was to sweep the front leg right before it rooted. However, my sparring partner jumped and I ended up sweeping his landing leg. Had I known he was going to do this then I would chosen to not sweep the only leg he had to land on. Oblique kicks and dangerous techniques in general are like that. I wouldn't train an eye poke, because my opponent may move in faster than I anticipated which shortens my expected distance of contact.

I don't want to do that to my sparring partner, as an ex-instructor of a school. I definitely don't want to get sued because I injured someone to that extent. Which brings up the the video about hyper extended knees. We rarely hear about the injury that techniques cause.

Heal first Train later

Latest Discussions