Best kicks for average folks

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Channelling @quasar44 for a moment:

"Anything that guy says means nothing because he's obviously stuck in the past in his pyjamas."

I quite like a man in silk pyjamas though, I really like Georges Saint Pierre in a Gi or without it for that matter, sigh.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because....
stpierrelol.jpg

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Krav is very close to karate in many ways with its attacks. It’s like a modern karate without the stupid stances and lame punches but has the same cool hand strikes
That post displays a pretty bad understanding of Karate. It also hints at a lack of understanding of the principles of Krav.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the Tez we all know and love.

To even things up here's Rosi teaching. She's still involved, doing some BJJ and working with SAFE MMA, climbing and running her osteopathy clinic, she's also a local councillor and stood in the last General Election here in December as a Green candidate, oh and there's her returning to the concert piano scene. I get tired just thinking about it.

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That post displays a pretty bad understanding of Karate. It also hints at a lack of understanding of the principles of Krav.
I have done Krav for years from World wide organ out of LA
I have praised karate but I only said it needs to be updated

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New updated karate to reflect 2020

You are seriously misinformed, your ignorance actually is quite appalling and then you have the cheek to assume you can tell karateka that they need to 'update' karate to 2020.

Okay then clever clogs tell us exactly in minute detail what would 'update' karate, devise a new curriculum bearing in mind all the different styles of karate as well as Bunkai, Kumite and Kihons as well as the Ukewaza, Keriwaza, Tachikata and Tegumi from each style. Then explain exactly how Iain Abernethy is old fashioned and stuck in the 1970s along with many proponents of progressive karate these days.

World wide organ

it has no heart though.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've been actively training as a Karate black belt for forty six years....so far. I believe karate needs to be updated as well. The world has changed, life has changed, Karate should change as well.

Whatta' think of them apples?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been actively training as a Karate black belt for forty six years....so far. I believe karate needs to be updated as well. The world has changed, life has changed, Karate should change as well.

As 'karate' is a generic name and there's hundreds of thousands of karateka all around the world I assume what you mean is that your style of karate at the place where you train needs updating. To say otherwise would be a huge generalisation somewhat like saying all Asians are called Bruce Lee.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
As 'karate' is a generic name and there's hundreds of thousands of karateka all around the world I assume what you mean is that your style of karate at the place where you train needs updating. To say otherwise would be a huge generalisation somewhat like saying all Asians are called Bruce Lee.

I find that rather amusing. Perhaps a bit racist as well.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find that rather amusing. Perhaps a bit racist as well.

Ah playing the racist card, always a winner especially when you deliberately miss the point.

So perhaps you could tell us why your karate needs updating?

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score

That's fine because you've actually trained karate. So you've got the experience to back up your claims. He doesn't have that experience. He's never done a class so he's got as much claim to back that up as I have to say that tennis needs to change its rules....I've never even held a tennis racket

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have done Krav for years from World wide organ out of LA
I have praised karate but I only said it needs to be updated
I am about to move on
You have only 8 active posters here lol
this isn't an airport you don't need to announce your departure.

You don't want to be here then don't be here it's up to you.

And no you haven't hurt my feelings because I don't care about what a stranger says online. But this is an online discussion forum so If you say something I disagree with I'm gonna so say because that's the point of a discussion

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
What exactly do you even train in ??
You have the giant , fat mouth on you
Relax this is a discussion page. People disagree with you so they're saying so. You're the only one getting personal with people questioning their training and throwing out insults.

Personally I have nothing against you because I don't know you. You've said things I've disagreed with so I've said so for the sake of discussion that's it. I'm not angry or upset or bothered in any way at all what is said on this forum because frankly it's a very small insignificant part of my life.

If you stay on this site then cool fair enough. If you don't then you don't. People here have given you advice either listen to it or don't it's your choice

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score

Yes .. I have read there are thousands of various different Karate styles. Each one can be very different !!!
I think TKD is more uniform but Karate seems to have the most varation from style to style. I mean thousands.
And yes , I support Israel

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
KRav MAGA in USA is water down as compared to Krav in ISRAEL. Its still KRAV MAGA but its watered down.
Many Israelis seem to like Judo !!!!
I see them taking big medals in the games

OP
Q

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
TKD in the USA has become almost all kicking !!!! I think Muay Thai is a more effective style

Latest Discussions